• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Q: Do I tell Hilton or not? Need advice

Pamona

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just bought a Park Soleil resale of 7k points, Platinum, 2 Bedroom for $4k with $1,2k MF and full 7k 2019 points still available. We used some points for a upcoming visit to Park Soleil and banked the balance till next year.

Here is our situation. In August we attended a presentation at Park Soleil and told them we didn't want to buy from them but would seek a resale. They offered 7K point Plat 2 bedroom for $60k then dropped to $49k then we left to enjoy the rest of your little vacation in Tuscany Village.

Surprisingly, the next day or so they called and invited us back for a 5 day presentation vacation and we said yes. We are now booked for next November. We were shocked that they called so soon to invite us back especially when we were emphatic that we would look to buy a resale.

Here is the problem, we found and bought our resale AFTER we left Orlando and long after we accepted and paid for next year's new presentation vacation.

Since we are now OWNERS do we tell Hilton? Must we tell Hilton? Will they know we are new owners now? Will they cancel our trip and refund our advance payment? Anyone have similar experiences? We appreciate any comments and advice.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes they will know. No they will not cancel. No, there is no reason to tell them. Their offer was not predicated on your not being owners, so nothing to confess. We're resale owners and have been invited to a number of these. When we get there, they can tell. But we still get invited back. No harm, no foul.

Cheers.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Agree with @brp. HGVC will still try to sell you during the presentation. Don't worry about.

HDiaz1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Wyndham Bali Hai Villas, Marriott Grand Chateau, Worldmark the Club.
As they said, don’t worry about it. They will try to sell you more.
I was in Chicago for Labor Day and they wanted me to buy an odd year contract to compliment my even year resale. Their original offer was 8,400 annual points for $71K and that was their best offer. Then they offer 1,600 odd years for $10K. I laughed and told them I was not interested and if I needed more I would buy resale again. They weren’t rude or pushy about it, gave me my gifts and let me enjoy the rest of my stay.

Attachments

• 3488857C-A3E9-4129-8166-FDA4E38FABEF.jpeg
    3488857C-A3E9-4129-8166-FDA4E38FABEF.jpeg
    28.7 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Reaction score
Seriously....HGVC wants $8.57pp and the resale market for Park Soleil was $0.57pp

Hmm, that is 14x markup...how can they ever sell it at this price???

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
No obligation to tell them. You paid for this trip prior to buying resale. If they comment about it in the presentation, so what? May get you out faster.

We have one more VIP but this may be our last. I am finding equivalent deals on Expedia without the presentation. The VIPs have devalued over the years. In the past we had a top Premier Kingsland worth close to 10k points for the week in peak season. Now we have just a basic 2 bdrm in the smaller building with current VIP.

The VIPs are still a great way to book The District or NYC beyond the limited club window, but we don't go to DC that often.

Last edited:

giowop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard
As they said, don’t worry about it. They will try to sell you more.
I was in Chicago for Labor Day and they wanted me to buy an odd year contract to compliment my even year resale. Their original offer was 8,400 annual points for $71K and that was their best offer. Then they offer 1,600 odd years for $10K. I laughed and told them I was not interested and if I needed more I would buy resale again. They weren’t rude or pushy about it, gave me my gifts and let me enjoy the rest of my stay.

HDiaz1 how was Chicago? I have a reservation for there with the wife later this month as a HGVC reservation via Hilton Honors app. But when I look on Hilton app the descriptions and pictures for the Doubletree “The Mile Studio King” rooms seem to be the same. I know HGV is using the top six floors. Do you think they are dividing up the inventory for those rooms to both Doubletree and HGVC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HDiaz1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Wyndham Bali Hai Villas, Marriott Grand Chateau, Worldmark the Club.
HDiaz1 how was Chicago? I have a reservation for there with the wife later this month as a HGVC reservation via Hilton Honors app. But when I look on Hilton app the descriptions and pictures for the Doubletree “The Mile Studio King” rooms seem to be the same. I know HGV is using the top six floors. Do you think they are dividing up the inventory for those rooms to both Doubletree and HGVC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The top 6 floors are HGVC units only as far as I know. I asked. The units are small but very nice. The location is great. Chicago was great. We had amazing weather, great deep dish pizza, architectural tour was worth it, the navy pier is really close by. We had a lot of fun. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.

Pamona

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your informed replies and advice. We just wanted to make sure we are doing the right thing. Thanks again now we feel much better.

ski_sierra

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Too many
Related question. I'm an existing HGVC owner. Can I sign up for these 5 days Hawaii packages? My wife gets a lot of those emails and she is not listed as an owner on my current HGVC ownership.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Related question. I'm an existing HGVC owner. Can I sign up for these 5 days Hawaii packages? My wife gets a lot of those emails and she is not listed as an owner on my current HGVC ownership.

Yes, I believe you can. As owners, HGV frequently offers us discount vacation packages that include a sales presentation. We have used the short 3 night stay in Vegas, and the longer packages in Hawaii. There is a specific list of resorts you can use these packages at, In my experience, even though they describe the VIP package as set amount of points, its really a set number of nights. I have never been able to adjust the package to use more nights in a smaller unit, or less nights in a better unit.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
In my experience, even though they describe the VIP package as set amount of points, its really a set number of nights. I have never been able to adjust the package to use more nights in a smaller unit, or less nights in a better unit.

We've even had some difficulty in using the package for fewer nights in the same unit (they sometimes offer stays longer than we want). We've gotten them to reduce by a day, but that's it.

The ones we've been offered in NYC are nice as they're two nights, typically with an option to add a third at the same low price.

Cheers.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
We've even had some difficulty in using the package for fewer nights in the same unit (they sometimes offer stays longer than we want). We've gotten them to reduce by a day, but that's it.

The ones we've been offered in NYC are nice as they're two nights, typically with an option to add a third at the same low price.

Cheers.

I think would probably just "book" the designated number of days, and leave early... just as long you make sure the presention is scheduled for day your going to be there..

We had a couple bad experiences with the HGV sales presentations have pretty much stopped doing these packages with them. So far we have had good experiences with the MVC sales presentations, so we still do their discount offers.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I continue to get offers for Marbrisa even after taking one and going to the presentation and turning sales down flat as a resale owner. I don’t think sales and marketing communicate or they think eventually someone may cave and purchase.

The deals aren’t that great $299 for 3 nights in a Sheraton hotel room, they want extra to put you in a Marbrisa unit. It just helps them fill empty hotel rooms with warm bodies for presentations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

craig1mead

Reaction score
The top 6 floors are HGVC units only as far as I know. I asked. The units are small but very nice. The location is great. Chicago was great. We had amazing weather, great deep dish pizza, architectural tour was worth it, the navy pier is really close by. We had a lot of fun. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.

We just stayed in Chicago HGVC at Doubletree Chicago. Only the top floor is open now, a total of 14 units, and 2 of them are used for sales tours. Another floor will open next year. Great views from any side, with side views to Lake Michigan. 20% discount card for lots of places, and Labriola's was a treat with a discount. Get the doubletree cookies at check in, and if they have them late day during your stay. Two $10 drink coupons also available at check-in, but I think most HGVC members will skip the high price. Good parking nearby 3 block walk at Ogden Plaza parking garage via Spothero. Max $15 to take a taxi to anything in Chicago area (Lincoln Park, Chinatown, Wrigley area). About 6 blocks to Navy Pier, and 3 blocks from the new Starbucks 5 story roastery on Michigan Ave. Two blocks to an AMC theater for movies, or Whole Foods large grocery store, or Garret's Popcorn. Sales team is in the lobby pushing for a visit at either 830 or 1130, so be prepared. Starbucks in the lobby, plus a healthy convenience store for food/drink/ice cream.

brial05

TUG Member
Reaction score
We take advantage of these offers from time to time .... the salesman will even call you back to meet your booking window needs even if it moths later. ( their offer window is big ... it may be just inside of when you might want to travel )

The only problem I have had with these offers is that they can truly put me in a situation where I have too many points to deal with that year .... the $99 for three nights in Orlando is a fantastic offer and they will add a fourth night for very few dollars.
Allows you to keep your points for something else ....

Another way I have used these offers is to take the offer ... book the exact dates and then invite friends/family using a combination of the offer and points for another room. A very cheap way to have another family join you.

The key, and I believe I've noted before is to know exactly which resort they are booking you into ... and I believe I've noted, I never take the offer and book at the same time ... the people selling you the offer are different than the people booking your offer.