• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WLR- Pool Temperature, New Colors

Westin5Star

TUG Member
Reaction score
Below I have cut and paste from the WLR newletter. Last week I experience great pool temperatures all week. I also verified the color changes taking place. I can also attest that the resort seemed much cleaner and better run this year than in the past. The maintenance was also very much improved as everything seemed to be working properly (lights were on, elevator buttons worked, etc.) I was very impressed with the improvements that I saw at this resort during my visit last week. Great job SVO and WLR management (I am still not thrilled with the new color scheme).

Spring cleaning at the resort is complete, including a deep cleaning of all villas.
Resort enhancements also include a new heating system for the pool, a basketball
goal at the tennis court, more shading around the pool and the remodeling of the
meeting room. In the fitness center, you’ll find four new massage treatment rooms
and two additional massage palapas on the beach. Perhaps the most striking
refurbishment is the resort’s façade. The entire resort is being painted in Westininspired
sand and beige tones. Painting will be complete for your enjoyment by
September.

MommaBear

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I look forward to a warmer pool when I go back in January. I am not sorry that they are getting rid of the picnk/purple but am sorry they are going for bland colors. Oh well, if that is the worst I have to complain about, things aren't too bad!:)

levatino

TUG Member
Reaction score
The pool may be warmer because its summer. Just saying.

MommaBear

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey! You guys are harshing my mellow. Are you trying to say that I shouldn't beleive what Starwood is telling me???;)

Last edited:

KevinWells18

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were there during the week of March 19th during our son's Spring Break. I will agree with westin5star regarding the service, etc. as we did not encounter problems that we had experienced before. Also, the pool was definitely heated during the our March visit. The previous 2 years the pool temps. were very cold and we did not use the pool much. This year we swam the entire week.

Westin5Star

TUG Member
Reaction score
The pool may be warmer because its summer. Just saying.

I have been to the resort the 3rd week in June each of the past 3 years. It was noticably warmer last year and this year than the first year that I visited. It was summer that June as well.

djp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am here at WLR as I speak- we are leaving today-:bawl:! This is our favorite SVO resort so far (stayed at WKORV, SMV, Lakeside Terrace, Vistana, Vistana Villages, seen Kierland, SDO, Princevile, Riverfront). The service has been great- if not trouble free.
-We arrived early- 11 am- and was allowed to check in to a great villa with a nice view. However there was a lot of mold in the studio bathroom ceiling. So we called and were moved to a top floor beach front unit! This made us happy! Best room in the house.
-It began raining heavily one day and the balcony drain was not working, and a moderate amount of water began to seap through. Thy sent numerous teams up to try and fix, and clean etc with mixed success. They offered to move us- but we were not up for that again. So we took our chances that the rain would lessen. They gave us a free breakfast buffet for our trouble- for 7 of us! This again made us happy.
- We agreed to do the update for $100 resort credit. We showed up at the agreed upon time, and our sales person was running late. The concierge told us this and asked if we could come back in 1 hour- I told her that would cost $150- she said "No problem". We came back an hour later and the sales agent was still not available so she just gave us our gift and let us go! This also made us happy!
Really great trip!

raigosa4

TUG Member
Reaction score
My husband and I were there for Spring Break (March 13-20) and we LOVED WLR! At first, I was a little turned off by the purple and pink, but now, I gotta say, I'm sad it's being replaced. Oh well....

We thought the service was fantastic and we were going in as big skeptics, seeing as how it WAS Spring Break, and we KNOW how Cancun is during this time of year. The first night, our neighbors were very disruptive. Music blaring until 1:30 am, yelling, laughing, slamming doors, etc. I finally called down to complain about the noise. It stopped for a while, but then was loud again a few hours later. The next morning, I went down to ask if there was any way we could be moved because I certainly couldn't handle that for a whole week. They were very accommodating and took care of us with a multitude of apologies.

Alfredo, one of the hops, was a-mazing! He helped arrange transportation to Superama, helped us get moved, and always stopped to talk to us when he saw us. Bravo on the service! :cheer:

Overall a great experience and we'll return!