• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Where do hawaiians vacation

Kauai Kid

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Kahu Alpha Goto, pastor of Waioli Hui'ia Church in Hanalei went on vacation to Baja Mexico.

That should gain me some points with the Mexico time-sharing crowd.

Sterling

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Kahu Alpha Goto, pastor of Waioli Hui'ia Church in Hanalei went on vacation to Baja Mexico.

That should gain me some points with the Mexico time-sharing crowd.

Sterling

The shuttle driver at the Honolulu airport told me Hawaiians think that Las Vegas is the Ninth Island.......

Last edited:

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
My understanding from the locals was that, like so many in the world, Orlando was their idea of the perfect vacation spot. Paradise indeed! #1 vacation spot in the world.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
We've met a lot of Hawaians on staycations on Kauai. Many Hawaians from
The other islands go to Kauai.

slum808

TUG Member
Reaction score
For many locals, Vegas is on the top of the list. My parents are there twice a year, I know some who are there four times a year.

For us with young families its the usual suspects
Disneyland/DisneyWorld
San Diego
Tahoe/Park City/Whistler
Seatle
NYC
DC

Many people I know have never been out of the state or even off island.

Fisch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Point at Poipu
The shuttle driver at the Waikiki airport told me Hawaiians think that Las Vegas is the Ninth Island.......

yup, Las Vegas is the #1 destination for Hawaiians..

ww1aerofan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Vegas is the winner!

I have friends who live in the Islands, and they all talk about their next tr to Vegas.

Every time I am in the Islands the local radio stations have some promotion going to send their listeners to Sin City.

IreneLF

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Oahu natives I spoke with all said when they need time to relax , they go to Kauai...

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)
The shuttle driver at the Honolulu airport told me Hawaiians think that Las Vegas is the Ninth Island.......

That's what I was going to post. Every-time we go to Hawaii and tell the person that we're from Vegas, their eyes lite-up and they get a smile on their face, then tell us how much they like Vegas and that it's the ninth island.

The company I work for has a number of Hawaiian employees, UNLV gets a lot of Hawaiian students, there are a number Hawaiian restaurants and stores in the Valley including a couple of ABC stores, and there is a branch of a Hawaiian credit union here for transplanted Hawaiians in Vegas.

I need to do a house swap.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
My Hawaii family ( a BIG group) goes to : Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Seattle mostly.

tompalm

TUG Member
Reaction score
The majority goes to Vegas. After that, it depends on the person, 20 - 25 year old crowd like LA for Disneyland or go to San Francisco. Visiting family on the mainland is for the rest, and a few with money travel the world like China, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, and sometimes Europe. But Europe is a long, long trip and doesn't happen too often.

We do Vegas every year, and try to make another trip to the east coast for a family visit.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got a kick out of seeing the signs all over Maui: "WIN A TRIP TO LAS VEGAS!!!"

Seemed like no one there wanted to go to Oahu or Kauai.