• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

orange Lake

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
can someone explain the difference between the different village at Orange Lake. which one would have pools within walking distance an be nice for young kids

Last edited:

gjw007

TUG Member
Reaction score
River island has the pools next to the units. If you are in the west village, the tennis villas are next to the main pool. If you are in the north villas, the one bedroom units are next to the pool. There are other buildings in the east and west villas near a pool but the odds are greater that you will be further away then if you are in one of the units listed above. If being near a pool is important, go for river island. The tennis villas in the west are fine too but you never know if you will get them

Last edited:

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
River island has the pools next to the units. If you are in the west village, the tennis villas are in next to the main pool. If you are in the north villas, the one bedroom units are in next to the pool. There are other buildings in the east and west villas near a pool but the odds are greater that you will be further away then if you are in one of the units listed above. If being near a pool is important, go for river island. The tennis villas in the west are fine too but you never know if you will get them

thanks, I am trying for a three bedroom don't want to strap kids into car seats just to go for a short dip.

Dori

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
That was our major complaint when we were at OL a few years ago. We got stuck way back in the boonies and it was a long hike to the pool. I was not impressed. I don't think we would return, unless it was to river Island. Even then, I begrudge having to pay for float tubes. I find that OL tends to nickel and dime you.

Dori

Reaction score
I highly suggest anyone go to Orange Lakes, due to the fact the resort has so much to do. Don't worry about distance from the pools, they have shuttles that run from each of the "villages" to the main buildings and pools. So, you could get a North Village, walk down to the parking lot, hop on the shuttle, and go to any one of the pools. My in-laws used to own there (they traded it in for a suite at Myrtle Beach), I haven't found any non-DVC resorts that compare.

TS

jbuzzy11

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with TS, Orange lake is fantastic! Yes they can nickel and dime you on a few things and it's a big resort but it's got 3 fantastic pools and a few little ones, the units have all been refurbished and are great, route 192 that OLCC is on has everything and they are only a little over 10 min from disney. The E. Village, river island and N Village are one min from river island pool so don't hesitate with any of them.. West village is further from RI but closer to the clubhouse pool..

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
when we went, I could never find a parking place at the pool, which shared a parking lot with tour center I believe. Once i found a parking spot and I couldn't find a chair at the pool. It also took me ten minutes just to drive to 192 from our unit. that is why I have some hesitation.

jbuzzy11

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well they have 3 bedroom villas in all the villages, your best bet would be the east and west in my opinion.. Both in walking distance to pools. It seems that the east has a lot more 3 bdr villas available when I check.

gjw007

TUG Member
Reaction score
The only 3-bedroom units in the West Village are in the Tennis Villas which are next to the main pool. The buildings in the East Village are not too far from the pools but may require a little walking. The 3-bedroom units in the North Village will most likely not be near a pool.

For a 3-bedroom, then I would go to West Village or River Island. The East Village may not be a bad choice either but as noted, there may be some walking. And as mentioned by others, there are shuttles every 20 minutes that will take you around the resort.

Last edited:

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
there is a 3 bedroom in the east village, I will put it on hold, but negatives are not near pools, smells from animal kingdom? any thing else?
I am afraid to take a chance and get nothing, I will put on hold and wait to hear comments. the check in date is Jan 25

just looked and it is gone!

Last edited:

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Check back on RCI later today, sometimes a person will put a 24 hour hold, then release it. also an on going search is a Thought?

jbuzzy11

TUG Member
Reaction score
there is a 3 bedroom in the east village, I will put it on hold, but negatives are not near pools, smells from animal kingdom? any thing else?
I am afraid to take a chance and get nothing, I will put on hold and wait to hear comments. the check in date is Jan 25

The smell is animal kingdom when they clean the cages, disney has been on top of this of late, I don't think you will have a problem in January with the smell. It can be strong in the summer heat. I was was just in a 3 bdr in mid August 2014 and didn't smell it once all week and I was as close to it as you can get. There is 2 small pools in the east you can walk to and river island is so close.. I wouldn't hesitate if it does

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
i have ongoing search and I think I left off East Village and will have to add it to the search.

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed in the East Village our last trip to Orange Lake and had a two BR and a three BR next to each other. The East Village pool is not very big but it was perfect for us. We had children with us and the pool was never crowded and there were plenty of chairs. The big plus was ~ from the pool in the evenings we could watch the fireworks from Disney or maybe they were from Ebcot. Not sure which park they were from but they were beautiful. East Village are all high rise buildings, I think they have 6 or 8 floors but there are elevators. We were in
Bldg. 86800 last visit. We prefer the East Village and it is close to River Island if you want to use the large pool or the lazy river. Wherever you stay... have fun!
:whoopie:

matbec

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have stayed in a 3BR unit at the East Village for the last few spring breaks. Our favourite buildings are 86700 and 86800 - there's a small pool in between these 2 buildings which is never crowded. Depending on which end of the building you're placed, you might even see the pool from your balcony. And, as the previous poster said, you can watch the nightly fireworks from that balcony or your living room. There's a second small pool by building 87600, which is slightly further around the bend and seems quite distant from everything else in the East Village.

Staying at the East Village, you'll be within walking distance to River Island (if you want to use the large water complex there), and the North Village's Splash Lagoon - this water complex does not get nearly as busy as River Island. If you do end up in the North Village, buildings 3900, 3910, 3920, or 3930 are your best bet for 3BR units closest to the North Village pool.

Do call a 2-4 weeks ahead of check-in and place your unit request. They may not always be able to do it, but they do try.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score

i have ongoing search and I think I left off East Village and will have to add it to the search.

The smell is from the Reedy Creek sewage treatment plant that is just across the highway from East Village. When the wind is from the west or south, it is no problem.

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88513

We spent two days in the West Village in early June, and smelled it only a couple of times. I would avoid the East Village, if we ever return, because of the proximity to the treatment plant. River Island, if you can get it, would be the best choice for convenience to pools and activities. We took the timeshare tour just to get the free passes for tubes and activities at River Island.

kembjkk

Reaction score
The north village has a pool but no hot tubs at all. All the rest of the villages have hot tubs with the pools.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks for all the specifics, it is a great help

Last night I was remembering my trip to Orange Lake. it was many years ago, maybe 12 years. my husband and I came down with sinus infections, spent the first day driving to the drugstore to get a prescription and it was never ready. It took us over ten minutes to get to drugstore across the street, and we went 5 times, they never answered phone.
I drove up to the pool to sit in sun, no chairs available. finally found one near a family who were feeding the ducks who kept flying in over my head. next day, couldn't find a parking spot. no pool, nothing to do as husband is flat on back. Pick up daughter at airport, she takes over car, we are stuck in unit with nothing within waking distance, husband complaining about tv reception. finally rains for three days straight. we take daughter back to airport, head to next timeshare. Discover back door of van wasn't closed properly, everything is soaking wet. always had bad vibes about resort, I think a different location might have made it a better stay.

Reaction score
The resort has changed drastically over the last 12 years. Several new villages, the shuttle service (free), and the area around SR-192 has exploded with stores and restaurants. Much of it within the last 8 years.

TS

kirby3

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have stayed in all the villages except River Island. There are benefits to all. To me River Island is much to crowded especially for young children. It is usually a one/two day preplanned River Island venture for our crowd. North Village pool is excellent for young children, we can walk down to the pool at East Village from particular buildings we were in, West Village was good too except make sure they don't put you way off in a two bedroom (4000's) but it would be closer to North pool, small Magnolia pool in West Village is like your own private pool-and nice and warm. Better walking, scenery in North, East and River. Stayed in a 3 bedroom north village last year and our next trip is 2 weeks in 3 bedroom tennis villas-first time in tennis villas. Love Orange Lake!! No matter where I stay. Don't have to travel far to be entertained- and like what was previously said they are moving all the restaurants, stores, etc down there now- right out the gates! Have fun!

mrlajoie

Reaction score
We just stayed @ Orange Lake at the beginning of November and had a fantastic vacation. We were in a 3BR in East Village and it was VERY nice. We had family staying in the Junior Suite and then friends came in mid-week to and stayed in the 3rd bedroom. Plenty of space so you never felt like you were running each other over. Great weather, but not quite warm enough to get me into the pool or the lazy river. Lounged at the pool, walked the grounds, played mini-golf. I was very impressed with the food at their on-site restaurants. They are doing an excellent job.