• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt ROFR

SunandFun83

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Canyon Villas, Grande Vista, Ocean Pointe
Hyatt: Coconut Plantation, Hyatt Pinion Point
ROFR Prices

Please remember to post your ROFR information at Kal's Hyatt page.

http://www.bywindkal.com/HVC.htm

Kal is a great resource for Hyatt owners and it is up to us, owners, to help make his information useful.

When you state a price, and it is EOY, you really need to say EOY. I think you could have purchased points at Pinon Point every year at that price. Sunset Harbor is a special property and hard to reserve with points. That means the price might be good for the "Exactly when and where I want to go" purchase.

I see lots of Coconut Plantation Platinum Weeks now on redweec.com. There used to only be gold or silver. I think there are six or seven platinum weeks listed now.

:cool:

ntsmith

TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't see what price the Hyatt Vacation club was ROFR'd. Could you share it with us?

What a great discussion! I appreciate everyone's input. It helps a lot!

I was under contract for a $2500 silver Beach House property with 1400 points. I thought the price was fair considering many sites have those units for around $4000 max. Plus Beach House needs some major renovations. They said they are working on kitchens and furniture now and will get to bathrooms in a year or two. Will that be enough of an update? At this time, the TA reviews are poor.

I have also heard that they have been exercising for Coconut Plantation units as well. Could that be due to the new buildings coming in 2017? What's going to happen to the CP mfs once the new buildings open? A huge increase maybe?

I need to look into this "Pure Points" program. Just the sound of it scares me. I will be very upset if I purchase a resale and then Hyatt turns into Marriott Destination Points. I love all of the resort choices Marriott offers but would never, ever buy into the Destination Points program. I feel sorry for those original deed owners who bought into the DP and weren't given enough points to go to places that they used to go to using the traditional week-to-week trade. It's really terrible what Marriott did to their long-term, loyal, decade-mf-paying deed owners. All that mf money put into Marriott for years and years only to have them make it impossible for legacy owners to travel within the vacation club system. *End Rant*

Even though I'm trying to purchase resale, I truly hope Hyatt's new program has some integrity.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
I'm a weeks owner in Marriott and very happy with my weeks. I have the option to elect the points any year that I want. I only have tried the points once, however, since they gave us the option. Some owners really like their destination points options. It has expanded our vacation options, not limited them. All the big companies seem to be jumping on the points systems - Hyatt, Marriott and Starwood. I, for one, am happy to be paying maintenance fees on my weeks instead of Trust points, however.

scsu_hockey_fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the marriot situation was different. They had no points program. Hyatt already has an exsiting one in place. So ive been told.
What a great discussion! I appreciate everyone's input. It helps a lot!

I was under contract for a $2500 silver Beach House property with 1400 points. I thought the price was fair considering many sites have those units for around $4000 max. Plus Beach House needs some major renovations. They said they are working on kitchens and furniture now and will get to bathrooms in a year or two. Will that be enough of an update? At this time, the TA reviews are poor.

I have also heard that they have been exercising for Coconut Plantation units as well. Could that be due to the new buildings coming in 2017? What's going to happen to the CP mfs once the new buildings open? A huge increase maybe?

I need to look into this "Pure Points" program. Just the sound of it scares me. I will be very upset if I purchase a resale and then Hyatt turns into Marriott Destination Points. I love all of the resort choices Marriott offers but would never, ever buy into the Destination Points program. I feel sorry for those original deed owners who bought into the DP and weren't given enough points to go to places that they used to go to using the traditional week-to-week trade. It's really terrible what Marriott did to their long-term, loyal, decade-mf-paying deed owners. All that mf money put into Marriott for years and years only to have them make it impossible for legacy owners to travel within the vacation club system. *End Rant*

Even though I'm trying to purchase resale, I truly hope Hyatt's new program has some integrity.

scsu_hockey_fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
As ive been shopping a broker told me they just took one from high sierra silver for $2, 500 and another one for a gold week at coconut for $4, 000.
If they're buying back weeks at the absolute lowest end of the spectrum for a Marriott-like trust, I think that's probably good for current owners. It will support resale prices and ensure those weeks are regularly paying MFs.

Hard to evaluate a hypothetical trust program until we see (1) in what increments they offer points; (2) the price per point; and (3) the MF per point.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
They just bought back a piñon pointe 2000 PTs for 5200 as well as a beach house 1800 for 4200. Wonder if higher priced ones will get through and what the new cap is

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
They just bought back a piñon pointe 2000 PTs for 5200 as well as a beach house 1800 for 4200. Wonder if higher priced ones will get through and what the new cap is

Good question and this gives me pause.

There was a time when everything passed ROFR. I am going to contact a TS Realtor acquaintance and ask her. Will report back.

-

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
These prices are quite low for the number of points. For whatever reason, the end result is that resale prices are being stabilized/supported, and for that, I'm pleased.

ntsmith

TUG Member
Reaction score
These prices are quite low for the number of points. For whatever reason, the end result is that resale prices are being stabilized/supported, and for that, I'm pleased.

I agree that stabilizing resale prices is good for owners. I just wonder if the increased exercising of ROFR will deter potential resale buyers. Resale buyers are now facing higher prices for units, lower chances of ROFR being waived and a lot of wasted time/effort. I've always felt that the buyer is "used" in the timeshare resale situation. If Hyatt takes the week, the seller is unaffected and will still be paid contracted price under the contracted terms. Hyatt gets a cheap week only to turn around and sell it for triple the resale price. However, the buyer is left to begin the search for another unit/week, faces more negotiations and paperwork AND has to wait for their escrow deposit to be returned. I just experienced this and am unsure if I want to start over again. Just my perspective.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The question is what is the price point that would get through ROFR and it is an unknown right now for buyers. The piñon pointe 2000 pt week was bought back at 5900 which is still low. We paid 8000 for our 2000 PTs. It is all a guessing game right now. We would like another week in Florida 1880. or 2000 pts but not sure what bid would get through.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
The question is what is the price point that would get through ROFR and it is an unknown right now for buyers. The piñon pointe 2000 pt week was bought back at 5900 which is still low. We paid 8000 for our 2000 PTs. It is all a guessing game right now. We would like another week in Florida 1880. or 2000 pts but not sure what bid would get through.

There's a site called "myresortnetwork". They have a list of sold properties, but they charge a fee to see this.

I've accessed it before and it gave a list of what properties sold for.

There is a nominal fee to see this list, but it is worth it if you're trying not to overspend.

http://www.myresortnetwork.com/ Enter the resort name you're interested in. Then go to for sale. Scroll way down to see "sold". This is where you'll have to pay to see the sale price.

Last edited:

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you. Do you know if they list which ones Hyatt bought back and that price.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you. Do you know if they list which ones Hyatt bought back and that price.

Sorry, I haven't seen that. Only the actually sales are listed. The last time I looked at the list, Hyatt wasn't exercising any ROFRs that I know of.

I have a call into a timeshare broker acquaintance. She has some expertise with Hyatt resales .

Is there a particular resort or resorts you'd like me to ask about ? I'd be happy to.

-

Last edited:

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
My guess is 8k for 2,000 pts. is about right..

optimist

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just sold my Hyatt beach house 2200 point week 7 for 10k. I bought it 5 years ago for 14k.

Last edited:

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just sold my Hyatt beach house 2200 point week 7 for 10k. I bought it 5 years ago for 14k.

Why did you decide to sell your Hyatt week over your other ones - SDO or HGVC? Just curious since I recently bought a 2200pt Hyatt!

Last edited:

optimist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why did you decide to sell your Hyatt week over your other ones - SDO or HGVC?

I was going to address this same question in the other thread you started but since you asked...
2200 points every year was just too many vacation weeks to trade and i was not that interested in the Hyatt properties since they are mostly on the west coast or Florida. In the 5 years that we owned it, we traded it internally twice. Once to Sunset Harbor and the other to Sedona. The rooms in both cases were very disappointing. Why buy Hyatt then? Because it's a great trader!
The SDO and Hilton ones we own are EOY, which is just right.

herillc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was going to address this same question in the other thread you started but since you asked...
2200 points every year was just too many vacation weeks to trade and i was not that interested in the Hyatt properties since they are mostly on the west coast or Florida. In the 5 years that we owned it, we traded it internally twice. Once to Sunset Harbor and the other to Sedona. The rooms in both cases were very disappointing. Why buy Hyatt then? Because it's a great trader!
The SDO and Hilton ones we own are EOY, which is just right.

I am surprised that you were disappointed in room of Sedona.
It is the newest Hyatt resort and room was beautiful when I visited there 3 years ago. Not as nice as Hyatt Grand Aspen, but equally nice to Coconut Plantation, IMO.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We stayed in a very nice 1 bedroom in Sedona, top quality but we booked a studio for my daughter and her husband and they complained that it was tiny and they kept bumping into each other. We are trying out a studio in 2 weeks for a short 2 night stay so hope our experience is better. I know that in Beaver Creek there is a large variance in the size of studios. The one negative about Sedona is that the bottom floor is quite dark as it is below ground level. Even given that it is still nice

grevas1

Reaction score
ROFR Waiver

Hello Everyone,
I want to buy a Florida Hyatt timeshare. I made an offer on a resale and I was notified today that the developer exercised ROFR. The closing company said this never usually happens. Not sure if I believe that since I have no prior experience with Hyatt Vacation Club.

Has anyone else recently had one taken by the developer? Has anyone recently passed ROFR? Is it worth going through the process of locating another unit, doing all the paperwork and waiting 30 days again?

Thanks!

Hi, received comfirmation the bronze week, 1300 points at Hyatt High Sierra passed ROFR. Got it recently on eBay for $1 plus closing amd transfer fees. Given I love Tahoe, I think this was a score.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How long ago did it pass ROFR? I know they just started buying them back so ones from July , Aug went through? Maybe they aren't bothering with the smaller point packages? Has anyone else passed ROFR?

Creekway6

Reaction score
While I was prepared to do more, I stumbled upon a $1 1400 point week at Wild Oak. It was just submitted today. I'll update here on how it fares in the ROFR.

cubsrule

Reaction score
ROFR prices

Sorry, I haven't seen that. Only the actually sales are listed. The last time I looked at the list, Hyatt wasn't exercising any ROFRs that I know of.

I have a call into a timeshare broker acquaintance. She has some expertise with Hyatt resales .

Is there a particular resort or resorts you'd like me to ask about ? I'd be happy to.

-

Hi,,
I just submitted a bid for a week 25 at Hyatt Sunset Harbor and it is now going through ROFR. My first Timeshare!!!! I was told that it always passes ROFR but now am worried. How long does this process take?
Are you happy with Sunset Harbor, the Hyatt point system and Interval? I really enjoy the keys so most of my time will be there, but just curious.

Appreciate any info..

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
I bought Sunset Harbor a few years ago and love it. It's not the most plush timeshare, but the location is the best in Key West I think. It is close to everything on Duvall St., but still quiet. They didn't used to exercise ROFR, but seem to have started lately. My guess is that since they started planning on a Pure Points System (whatever that means), we have seen them exercising their ROFR. I especially like the fixed week, fixed unit. You are never disappointed - you always know what you are getting. I understand that trading in the Hyatt network is pretty easy. It's a great program for Interval Int'l also. If you can live with studios and shoulder seasons, you can frequently get 3 weeks at other resorts from your 2 bedroom unit.