• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Nanea Pricing

boisebruin

Reaction score
We are in WPOVR and went to an owner update. No new info on vistana. The sales rep kept trying to tell me how great it is and that is was still starwood related. She was definitely trying to sell the Westin/Starwood name still.

We did get Nanea pricing and it was less than I had expected. They called this a pre construction pricing. They only have two view categories: Ocean Front and Resort View.

Resort View 2 bed 148,100 Star Options was $56,278

OF 2 bed 176,700 SO was $79,515

OF 3 bed 257,700 SO was $115,965

They will change some of the reservation rules for Nanea. Check in any day, if you switch to a 1 bed you can book 12 days with one phone call. You can also buy the number of star option instead. If you want to stay 2 weeks in a one bedroom, you can buy 162,000 Staroptions for $61,500 as an example.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
If you are considering this, please be aware that you can buy an Island View 2 bdm. at WKORV N/S, WITH STARPTIONS, on the resale market, for a fraction of the cost of buying from the developer - less than $10K.

The so-called "advantages" of buying from the developer are not worth $46,000.

*At 8 mos. before check-in, you can use the Staroptions to reserve any size unit available, for any date, for any number of days, if you have enough Staroptions - including ocean front.

Last edited:

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought there were no one bedrooms in Naneea?

boisebruin

Reaction score
If you are considering this, please be aware that you can buy an Island View 2 bdm. at WKORV N/S, WITH STARPTIONS, on the resale market, for a fraction of the cost of buying from the developer - less than $10K.

The so-called "advantages" of buying from the developer are not worth $46,000.

*At 8 mos. before check-in, you can use the Staroptions to reserve any size unit available, for any date, for any number of days, if you have enough Staroptions - including ocean front.

Thanks Denise. Thanks to you and this site we purchased a resale unit at WKORV-N 6 or 7 years ago for exactly that price. They always try to make us feel that we are less than for being "resale" and not "authorized" buyers at this things but we are the ones laughing all the way to the bank! The star points conversion really does not make sense. Why would I trade a week in a
2 bedroom unit in maui for 5 hotel days at a W?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
They will change some of the reservation rules for Nanea. Check in any day, if you switch to a 1 bed you can book 12 days with one phone call. You can also buy the number of star option instead. If you want to stay 2 weeks in a one bedroom, you can buy 162,000 Staroptions for $61,500 as an example.

So are they changing any of the reservation rules, or is this just StarOptions at eight months or HomeOptions at 12? I simply don't see how they an give a deeded owner a smaller unit for more than 7 days. Unless they are selling HomeOptions here like they are in St John and in Sheraton Flex?

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
So are they changing any of the reservation rules, or is this just StarOptions at eight months or HomeOptions at 12? I simply don't see how they an give a deeded owner a smaller unit for more than 7 days. Unless they are selling HomeOptions here like they are in St John and in Sheraton Flex?

That's exactly right -- Nanea is being sold as HomeOptions just like St John.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

At Nanea, they are sell home options, which can be used for stays of any length, and any check-in day at 12 mos.

GGMsfo

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nanea (Maui)

This past week I got an update from an owner rep at the Westin Kaanapali ORV and she said that the Nanea prices are scheduled to increase as soon as Vistana is approved to do direct marketing in other states. That is currently estimated to happen around middle of September 2016.

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR

These were exactly the same price, probably few hundred bucks more, when we were at the presentation at WKORV in april. That time, we were seriously considering to purchase Maui or Oahu unit. I was laughing when I saw the price, but sneaked through the 90 minutes. In July, I just bought ocean view EY Marriott Ko Olina 2 BR resale for less than 10k. I think you can also get at least island view WKORV for less than 10k if you try looking around.

Thanks to this board, it really saved me a lot money.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were at WKORV last week, and they were offering HO packages of 150,000 and 200,000 points instead of by the week.

Now that I think of it, isn't it a bit of a waste to buy something that doesn't translate to full days, as you'll be left with some small amount of HO's every year that you'll have to bank forward and hopefully be able to use?

They were suggesting we trade in any of our VOIs in for packages at Nanea (one per new purchase), and were looking for approx. $28K in new monies for any deal after giving us 100% credit for the original purchase price of the trade-in.

The sales pitch was that as your family grows, you'll need to get proper 2/3 BR units (instead of L/O's). I countered with I could potentially book those type of units at 8mos using my existing SO's already.

We passed...