• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

No OF Middle Units available at WKORV-Reasons?

tborr123

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I tried to reserve my WKORV middle unit OF tonight one year ahead. I did not get online until 9:05 PT, the site was frozen for a while and when I finally got through at about 9:10 p.m. no units were available. However, there were corner OF units available. When I check for weeks starting May 27 of next year (still within the owner's preference period) until August, there are corner OF units available many weeks, but no middle OF units are available. I realize that there are only 12 middle OF units vs. 24 corner units (but of course twice as many owners) but that would not seem to explain the lack of availability. Can Vistana hold back units or use it for themselves?

Last edited:

dss

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you own both Deluxe (Corner) and Premium (Center) units? They are different ownership weeks and you can only access your ownership week at 12 months out. That being said, yes, it is certainly possible that the OFD or OFC were all taken immediately at the 12 month mark for high demand summer weeks.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
A few years ago, before online reservations were around, the same thing happened to me for President's Day week. It does seem odd.

To answer your question, VSE does own some units outright, and they pay MFs for them, so they can use them as they see fit. We think that they also use some formula to determine which units to deposit into II, though it'd be weird if they deposited an OFC unit, but who knows. Also, some owners can pay a premium to fix their week and unit, so it's possible you were squeezed out by them.

August is still summer, which is high season on Maui, so while the computer was frozen, it appears you were beaten out by other owners.

We have no idea if other shenanigans take place behind the scenes because there is absolutely no transparency.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Early August is Golden Week (Japan holiday?)

If you don't own OFD (corner) - not sure if what you are observing beyond 8 months is reliable info.

It is certainly possible to have reservation issues for high demand periods (Summer, Prez week, Easter break) as a higher percentage of Owners trying to reserve. Reservation issues for Prez week 2017 were epic (as in epic crash)

I just went online - I still have HomeResort availability for 1Bd side of OFD (corner) - it has availability for Aug 5 2017. I cannot see availability for OFC as that is not a search criteria, and I do not own OFC.

Last edited:

tborr123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own a Christmas week OFD, and a floating week OF Middle unit. I am trying to book for the latter (since the Christmas week is automatically done for me). Every week now for many weeks when I log on after 9 p.m. Thursday night there are no units available for the floating week a year later in the summer of 2017. In contrast they show corner OFD units available. Tonight they even show corner OFD units available weeks earlier in the summer of 2017, so those are not being all booked at the 52 week mark. This is odd so I will call Vistana and report back.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
There are no Friday checkins for WKORV OF

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
There are no Friday checkins for WKORV OF

Today is Aug. 11th, so the reservation window for Saturday, Aug. 12, 2017, opened at 9 pm Pacific this evening. The day of the week (today) doesn't come into play - only the date.

Last edited:

tborr123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Confirming what Denise says, tonight it is showing Saturday, August 12 as available for OFD units.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Today is Aug. 11th, so the reservation window for Saturday, Aug. 12, 2017, opened at 9 pm Pacific this evening. The day of the week (today) doesn't come into play - only the date.

I was just reminding that there are no Friday check-ins for WKORV OFs which some people may not know about (I didn't for years - nor had I heard it on TUG before). I am aware of the Day change for next year reservations.

Also - this is the last heavy non-school week for Maui in Aug 2017 so some OFC may be fixed from July 4th until now. Perhaps more OFC were fixed? Let us know what you find.

what is weird is that OFC reservations seem to be having issues... at least based on a few reports. I see OFD availability for 2017 (12 months) with no issue - getting ready to reserve our Maui and Kauai weeks for Sept 2017.

I was thinking about buying an OFC, but had mixed feelings on resale OFC that came up - plus beating ROFR. This seemingly lack of OFC availability helps with that decision - we go off season, so always looking to be on 5-6th floor, and would be somewhat disappointed otherwise (so far so good with OFD but MFs suck...) Another reason I will not go at this time of year.

Last edited:

tborr123

TUG Member
Reaction score
The big advantage, besides the lower MFs, is that OFC unit gives one the option of always having a true OF view, whether as a lockoff or if split. Called and Vistana resolution center is looking into it for me.

tborr123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know OFD is the corner unit. What is OF Platinum? Those were the only units available tonight exactly 9 pm one year before checkin.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
It is ocean front center - and it's available right now.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
I know OFD is the corner unit. What is OF Platinum? Those were the only units available tonight exactly 9 pm one year before checkin.

At WKORV, there are only 2 OF type rooms: OFD (corner) and OF (middle). All year is coded platinum season, so that won't help much.