• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How to tell if deed is fixed week or points week

jedimasterjem

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC SSR, AKL; Grandview Las Vegas; SVV - Bella; MGC
I am in process of potentially buying a grand view timeshare , where on the deed will I find if its fixed week or points week. So far all I see is annual and week 10. The seller says its points but I want to make sure. Thank in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am in process of potentially buying a grand view timeshare , where on the deed will I find if its fixed week or points week. So far all I see is annual and week 10. The seller says its points but I want to make sure. Thanks in advance.

I don't know Grandview, but I do know that there are both weeks and points ownerships there, so your question is both appropriate and very astute.

If you have the ownership details for the week at issue, if in your shoes I would call the resort directly for further clarification and confirmation, since the deed alone is not necessarily a reliable or definitive source on the points question. For example, the ownership could possibly have been converted to points after current owner's acquisition --- an event perhaps not reflected on the existing deed.

Moreover, at some places "points" weeks revert back to only the underlying deeded week (i.e., without any points) upon each subsequent resale. I do not claim to know if this is the case at Grandview, but it's certainly another question to get conclusively answered by the resort. Seller may be honest and well intentioned but still "less than fully informed"; I would frankly take seller input with a grain of salt and obtain independent verification of any and all seller assertions.

Last edited:

jedimasterjem

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
after calling grandview and rci they were only able to provide small amounts of detail such as it is a "points" contract. that is about it. I asked about if the resale does happen if it would revert back to a fixed week and they told me when the resort transfer happens it must be selected or detailed. not sure what that means.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Our eBay Grandview triennial points unit remained in points upon transfer to us at completion of the eBay sale. eBay seller covered closing costs & resort transfer fee. We paid to have the newly acquired resale points unit added to our existing RCI Points account.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
after calling grandview and rci they were only able to provide small amounts of detail such as it is a "points" contract. that is about it. I asked about if the resale does happen if it would revert back to a fixed week and they told me when the resort transfer happens it must be selected or detailed. not sure what that means.

Alan's post above is encouraging, certainly suggesting that points may very well remain intact and attached upon resale at Grandview. It sounds like a very fuzzy and singularly unhelpful answer that you got when calling the resort; maybe what they actually meant is that you could "opt out" of RCI Points upon deed transfer (but why on earth would ever even consider doing so?). At least the resort apparently confirmed for you that it is already a RCI Points ownership. place.r

As another (but unreliable) level of inquiry, I suppose you could ask the seller if there were RCI Points already attached when they purchased, or if perhaps the seller "converted" to RCI Points after deed acquisition. On the other hand hand, if there is a third party reseller involved here who is not the actual current owner, that third party reseller may very well know somewhere between very little and nothing at all regarding ownership history or details.

Last edited:

jedimasterjem

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
this is what i received from the seller
"its week 10 plus 49,000 RCI points. With the points, you use through RCI to go other places, any time of year there is availability at the resort"

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
We have 3 resale purchases of points weeks at Grandview Las Vegas and had no problem with any of them when they were transferred to us. In every case the purchase agreement we signed stated the week, unit size and the points associated with the week.

If both the resort and RCI told you it was a points contract then you should be fine.