• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help with Grand Cayman resorts

vlapinta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Watch at Grand Dunes
We are 4 adults looking to vacation in the Cayman. Islands. I looked at reviews on Tug and many are from a few years ago, not too many are recent. Can anyone who has been there recently recommend a place for us to stay? We want to exchange our Marriott. We are looking to go Oct or Nov so hoping to get a last minute exchange.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
We traded our Marriott Desert Springs I studio into Morritt's Grand Resort (1BR) for this past April and enjoyed the resort. All of the units in that section of Morritt's are ocean front. The view was outstanding. The people at the resort were very nice, including the sales guy we met. Morritt's is a reasonably big resort that has various sections. Of course, not all units in the other sections have an OF view. The quality of our room was very good, but not great. The resort does charge for electricity, so we watched the thermostat closely while being comfortable. Our extra charge was minimal, less than $50 as I recall. The only thing to note with this resort is that it is at the far end of the island from 7 Mile Beach where most of the hotels and resorts are located. Many see that as an advantage, especially if you want a less crowded environment. We didn't mind the distance and made a couple of driving trips to 7 Mile Beach to check out some of the resorts, etc.

This was our first trip to GC, so other more frequent visitors will be able to provide their perspectives as well. Good luck with your exchange efforts.

Best regards.

Mike

shorts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Points
Morritts Tortuga Club (9 wks) Grand Cayman
If you exchange into Morritts, make sure it is either the Grand or the Londoner to be guaranteed an ocean front unit. The poolside units are okay but some of them have not been renovated yet.

If you can exchange into the Wyndham Reef Resort, it is right next door to Morritts and I think all of their units are ocean front. However, their electric charge is not usage based like Morritts and is quite high (IMO). Plus if you are not aware, all resorts on Grand Cayman are required to collect a $10 per day accommodation tax.

We really prefer the East End of the Island because of the crowds and craziness of downtown and 7-mile beach when the cruise ships come in most days.

Good luck with your exchange!

Suesue1738

TUG Member
Reaction score
Two years ago, 2015, we booked two consecutive weeks at Morritts. One week was "girls week", where my mom and her best friend, my sister and her best friend, and me and my best friend all enjoyed a two bedroom at The Tortuga Club. The next week, my husband and my best friends husband joined us, and we booked two, one-bedroom units at the Grand. We had such a blast that the original 6 ladies (for the first week) shared a two-bedroom at the Grand about 3 weeks ago, (2017) and then the husbands and some of all of our grown kids came for a second week in a two-bedroom, also in the Grand. Personally, I only want the Grand from here on out! We love the East End, the quiet, the snorkeling under the dock, grilling on the beach grills ( just steps outside our requested ground floor unit - spectacular!), drinks in the swim up bars, dinner at Tukkas and Eagle Rays (the restaurant will send a shuttle to take you to their restaurant and bring you back). It is my favorite destination, so far!

The only hiccup we had was the last two days of our stay, they had a leak in the unit above ours and decided to jack-hammer up all the tile in that room. Our unit was uninhabitable for about 8 hours each day. The manager was only willing to give us $150 off our bill, which we thought was sub-par for such an inconvenience, but we took it just the same. Our utilities were over $200 each week, but we kept the thermostat at 73 at night and 76 during the day.

We will be back, probably in 2019!!!