• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Four Disney hotels welcoming canine guests

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
Four Disney hotels welcoming canine guests

By Michelle Baran / October 14, 2017 / Travel Weekly
http://www.travelweekly.com/Travel-News/Hotel-News/Four-Disney-hotels-welcoming-canine-guests

“In a trial program, four Walt Disney World hotels have started welcoming guests with dogs.

The four hotels are Disney's Yacht Club, Disney's Port Orleans, Disney's Art of Animation and the cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.

Disney's Yacht Club charges $75 per night, and the others $50 per night.

Also, each hotel offers outdoor pet exercise areas and relief areas. At check-in, guests traveling with dogs get a Pluto's Welcome Kit with mat, bowls, pet ID tag, plastic disposable bags, puppy pads, dog-walking maps and a door hanger indicating to hotel staff that a pet is in the room. Disney plans to sell pet merchandise at the four resorts....”

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
While I have always wanted this at Disneyland California, I was surprised to read on another site that dogs can be left alone in the room for 7 hours. I think it was written as dogs should not be left alone in the room for longer than 7 hours, which is bizarre to me. They will only let dogs in certain areas of the hotel and those traveling without a dog won't stay in the same block of rooms, but I think it is crazy that people can leave their dogs alone for up to 7 hours in a strange hotel room.

Lots of higher end hotels in California allow dogs in special rooms. I've never heard of any that would allow a dog to be left alone in the room. You aren't even supposed to leave the dog for an hour while you eat in the restaurant (and dogs aren't allowed in the common areas, so you can't bring your dog to the restaurant). I'm not sure they thought this through entirely. :ponder:

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We stay- with 'Muttly' at both Hyatt and Klimpton hotels. It works well, as they have dedicated 'pet friendly' floors, but they make clear that four legged guests must not be left alone in the rooms.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I never traveled with a dog (or any pet) but did always wonder how pets didn't escape when maid service came in. Now, I know....can't be left alone in the room.

Now I wonder, if you can't leave your pet alone while traveling, doesn't that extremely limit what you can do while away?

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
There's a pretty steep nightly "cleaning" fee added for keeping your pet(s) in these rooms, a bit higher than a kennel fee, and it seems higher than the pet fee at most average hotels. People who are willing to pay it must be really attached to their dogs. They may be less likely to leave Fido alone all day and evenings. Having to return midday to walk the dog may not be much different to them than returning midday for a nap/swim with kids.

We loved our little poodle and he was pretty quiet as small dogs go. When we did travel with him, it added inconvenience, sometimes worth it to us. But when our sons were with us, they couldn't tolerate pet-friendly rooms (severe allergies) so it was usually only when we camped or visited relatives. Mom's service dog stays with her in those pet-friendly rooms and has done well - neighbors remarked that they didn't know he was there. But not all dogs (or their owners) are as considerate.

Glad to see they'll have designated rooms for pets with nearby pet-relief areas. So many children (and adults) are fearful of even the gentlest dogs or have severe allergies. Some dogs get overstimulated by the high-pitched squeals or cries of small children. Hopefully, people who are checking-in will avoid bringing their pooches into the lobby to check-in. Most will arrive by car or carry their pet inside a carrier from the airport.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are they welcoming pit bull dogs and Germany sheep dogs?

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
Are they welcoming pit bull dogs and Germany sheep dogs?
No breed restrictions and up to two dogs per room! And they cannot guarantee you will not get a pet room, even if your children are allergic - this is what is being reported on various Disney sites.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
No breed restrictions and up to two dogs per room! And they cannot guarantee you will not get a pet room, even if your children are allergic - this is what is being reported on various Disney sites.
Well, those hotels are permanently crossed off my list...

Kurt

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I totally agree my family members will not be vacationing at these resorts.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is that being reported by Disney or by people speculating in forums? The post I read by Disney was pretty clear that the pet friendly rooms would be isolated from the other rooms and that the majority of the rest of the property would still not be pet friendly.

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
Is that being reported by Disney or by people speculating in forums? The post I read by Disney was pretty clear that the pet friendly rooms would be isolated from the other rooms and that the majority of the rest of the property would still not be pet friendly.
People calling Disney CRO are being told no guarantee. So lots of upset people right now. Disney is terrible at enforcing rules, so this whole thing sounds like a fiasco in the making.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
People calling Disney CRO are being told no guarantee. So lots of upset people right now. Disney is terrible at enforcing rules, so this whole thing sounds like a fiasco in the making.
Agreed. Seems like Disney is going to piss off a lot of people, bending over backwards to accommodate those few pet owners who can't be separated from their little Fido for a day.:wall:

Kurt

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife has allergies, and I'm glad to hear this. We won't stay at any of these resorts ever again if they don't strongly guarantee a no-pet room, but I think having a few places its allowed will reduce the people getting fake "service dog" vests to bring their dog with them to a regular resort, which is unprepared for them.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
There's a pretty steep nightly "cleaning" fee added for keeping your pet(s) in these rooms, a bit higher than a kennel fee, and it seems higher than the pet fee at most average hotels. People who are willing to pay it must be really attached to their dogs. They may be less likely to leave Fido alone all day and evenings. Having to return midday to walk the dog may not be much different to them than returning midday for a nap/swim with kids.

We loved our little poodle and he was pretty quiet as small dogs go. When we did travel with him, it added inconvenience, sometimes worth it to us. But when our sons were with us, they couldn't tolerate pet-friendly rooms (severe allergies) so it was usually only when we camped or visited relatives. Mom's service dog stays with her in those pet-friendly rooms and has done well - neighbors remarked that they didn't know he was there. But not all dogs (or their owners) are as considerate.

Glad to see they'll have designated rooms for pets with nearby pet-relief areas. So many children (and adults) are fearful of even the gentlest dogs or have severe allergies. Some dogs get overstimulated by the high-pitched squeals or cries of small children. Hopefully, people who are checking-in will avoid bringing their pooches into the lobby to check-in. Most will arrive by car or carry their pet inside a carrier from the airport.

Leaving a dog in a strange condo unit for hours at a time? Better be prepared to pay for chewed drapes, furniture, bedding, etc., on top of the daily pet fee.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We stayed at a hotel a couple of years ago, they advertised pet friendly. We don’t have a pet so I requested a room away from the pet friendly ones. We came back after our vacation and stayed again this time they put us Two doors down from the room we stayed in previously, . A man and his little Fifi dog rode the elevator with us. When we got to our floor we checked into our room and heard the man say come on Fifi and they checked into the room we had the week before!