• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

should i sell or rent my ts

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you were drunk or on drugs when you signed the contract you might be able to get out of it.

Five months after purchase is a bit late to credibly submit (and / or prove) that particular claim --- and the belatedly remorseful OP was presumably not drunk 24/7 for the entire 10 days rescission period provided by Florida law after contract execution. :ponder:

Last edited:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Five months after purchase is a bit late to credibly submit (and / or prove) that particular claim --- and the now remorseful buyer was presumably not drunk 24/7 for the entire 5-10 days rescission period provided by state law after contract execution. :ponder:

I was of course joking a little but I did once know a guy that would stay drunk every minute of the day for over a month straight. I don't mean a little drunk I mean guzzling liqueur every 10 minutes for hours at a time. He somehow managed to come to work every day, in a car, and run his own business. He eventually drank himself to death but it was incredible that he managed to stay alive for that long while driving and working. He also claimed he never had a drink since college even though everyone would watch him go to his car and guzzle every 10 minutes.

Sorry, I got off track there.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Twice I had a procedure that was done after being put under general anesthesia, I had to sign on a form that said not to sign on anything that was legally binding for 8 hours. Both times, after waking up from the procedure (within 2 hours of the GA), I signed on the dotted line - one to buy a car and the other was buying the hybrid package from Marriott. I have sold that car since then. Maybe I can still use that excuse to get out of the latter ;)

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Since you do not yet own a house, you must stop paying on this worthless timeshare. Save every penny toward the down payment on the house. You will probably have to wait to buy a house, but in the meantime, you will be saving $20,000 to apply toward that purchase.