• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

switch title exchange

OLDEMAN

Reaction score
I received an e mail from Switch Title Exchange to help me sell my weeks timeshare. The latest post was back in 2015 or 2016. Anyone of lately, done business with this group? I'm trying to give away my timeshare week and only receive replies from these type of companies? thanks.
p.s. If I am (giving) away my timeshare week, why would I want to pay someone to sell it?! Help me understand this theory. thanks.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I received an e mail from Switch Title Exchange to help me sell my weeks timeshare. The latest post was back in 2015 or 2016. Anyone of lately, done business with this group? I'm trying to give away my timeshare week and only receive replies from these type of companies? thanks.
p.s. If I am (giving) away my timeshare week, why would I want to pay someone to sell it?! Help me understand this theory. thanks.

Companies like that prey on frustrated sellers. They figure you're likely mad enough that you'll pay them a few thousand dollars to take your timeshare off your hands. The problem is that they don't do that. They'll take your money, then list the timeshare for sale (presumably) at an inflated price on a site nobody will buy from, and then they fade into the woodwork. When your unit hasn't sold, the next time maintenance fees come due, the bill comes to you. Those are the "honest" resellers. There are others who will just take your money and disappear.

I don't know what you own, but if the deed is paid off, and you just want to give it away, the best way is to list it on Tug, in both the Bargain Basement forum and on the Marketplace. Offer to pay the closing costs, and maybe even the next year's maintenance fees. You're likely to find a new owner much faster that way. If you haven't offered it that way, it could be why you're still sitting on it. If you don't want to pay those fees, and the maintenance fees come due, you're on the hook for it anyway. It all comes down to how fast you want to be rid of it.

If you're trying to sell a timeshare with an outstanding loan, or for a resale price above what the market brings for your timeshare, you'll likely be sitting on it for awhile.

Good luck!
Dave

Jleonard49

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI US
My understanding is Switch It Title Exchange is not a typical resale company, but rather one that will assist you in transferring the title back to the timeshare company even if you still owe money. They have a A+ rating with the BBB and a guaranteed money back if your transaction doesn’t go through. We are still investigating this organization and I will let you know our findings.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
DING! DING! DING!

Shill Alert. First time poster comes here to provide a pre-testimonial and reports on this company's rating before having used the company.

Last edited:

Jleonard49

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI US
DING! DING! DING!

Shill Alert. First time poster comes here to provide a pre-testimonial and reports on this company's rating before having used the company.
DING! DING! DING!

This is true... I just joined the group because we want to rid ourselves of this burden. I am only stating what I have found in my research after being told of this company. We are attempting to arrange a face-to-face with this company while in Gatlinburg.

Is it really fair of you to “Ding” me at this point? I said I would report my findings. I am shocked that you would treat me this way.

OLDEMAN

Reaction score
Companies like that prey on frustrated sellers. They figure you're likely mad enough that you'll pay them a few thousand dollars to take your timeshare off your hands. The problem is that they don't do that. They'll take your money, then list the timeshare for sale (presumably) at an inflated price on a site nobody will buy from, and then they fade into the woodwork. When your unit hasn't sold, the next time maintenance fees come due, the bill comes to you. Those are the "honest" resellers. There are others who will just take your money and disappear.

I don't know what you own, but if the deed is paid off, and you just want to give it away, the best way is to list it on Tug, in both the Bargain Basement forum and on the Marketplace. Offer to pay the closing costs, and maybe even the next year's maintenance fees. You're likely to find a new owner much faster that way. If you haven't offered it that way, it could be why you're still sitting on it. If you don't want to pay those fees, and the maintenance fees come due, you're on the hook for it anyway. It all comes down to how fast you want to be rid of it.

If you're trying to sell a timeshare with an outstanding loan, or for a resale price above what the market brings for your timeshare, you'll likely be sitting on it for awhile.

Good luck!
Dave
Thank you Dave. I will indeed try the options here on Tug. Do you happen to know an estimated closing costs on a one week timeshare. Btw, we do own the week deed. All paid off long ago. Thanks again for the good advice!

OLDEMAN

Reaction score
This is true... I just joined the group because we want to rid ourselves of this burden. I am only stating what I have found in my research after being told of this company. We are attempting to arrange a face-to-face with this company while in Gatlinburg.

Is it really fair of you to “Ding” me at this point? I said I would report my findings. I am shocked that you would treat me this way.
JL Leonard 49: Thank you for your reply. I look forward to hearing your research. I am leaning towards believing that the companies that are contacting me, are looking for, owners that still owe a lot on their resort. We owe nothing, so they most possibly, would not be a good route. I do look forward to hearing about your findings. Best of luck!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
OP,

What they ^^^ said. Search Tug for threads about "How to give away your timeshare" and similar titles. They'll tell you everything you want to know. LT Transfer is a reputable closing agency. They process all paperwork very quickly and accurately for less than a few hundred dollars. I've used them a few times, and would use them again. They're also Tug members.

This thread will get you started: https://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index...-your-timeshare-and-avoid-getting-scammed.44/

Good luck,
Dave

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
the fact the company offers a money back guarantee would lead one to believe they charge a significant upfront fee for their service.

you should never ever pay a significant upfront fee to sell/rent/whatever your timeshare. it is quite literally, the way nearly every scam that targets timeshare owners works.