• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Walkable Hilton Head???

MissRumphius

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
I've been to HH numerous times, staying at Barony Beach and Shelter Cove. My one beef is that there are limited restaurant and shopping options to walk to from either of those.

I have a pending request in for the resorts near Harbor Town which looks more walkable. Are there any other resorts with nearby shopping, restaurants, etc that you can get to without getting into a car?

thanks.

Miss R

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Aanything near Coligny Plaza fits the bill, *and* walkable to (or on the) beach. Waterside by Spinnaker, Marriott's Grande Ocean are best bets.

jd2601

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Waterside and Grande Ocean are walkable to Coligny. Grande Ocean may offer the most amenities and great location of any resort.

Harbour Town is nice and Harbour Club and Heritage Club are both walkable to all the restaurants of Harbor Town. Heritage Pointe and Sunset Pointe would be very walkable to Shelter Cove and the shops and restaurants of the area. All are nice properties and with the exception of Waterside are Marriotts and have their pluses and minuses.

Grande Ocean's location and amenities are hard to beat, but we have enjoyed all locations of HHI and all the resorts we have stayed at.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I love Grande Ocean, but Harbour Club and Heritage Club have good units and are walkable to to a hand full of restaurants including the one at the golf club. If you simply don't want to drive, I'd suggest trying Uber.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
How far can you walk from your resort to a restaurant? My first thoughts are Harbour Town, Shelter Cove and,Colingy Plaza.

There is a major hotel restaurant-located on Shipyard Plantation.
There is a major hotel restaurant located near the Marriott’s Barony Beach Resort.

MissRumphius

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Thanks all - I've added Grande Ocean to my request. I'll keep the others in mind if it gets closer to me target dates without success. . .

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would definitely recommend the Waterside by Spinnaker Resort. You don't mention what time of year you intend to visit HHI. Waterside is walkable to many restaurants and shops plus entertainment in the evenings at Coligny Plaza. There is also a grocery store at Coligny that we walk to. The pool is huge plus there is a smaller and quieter pool toward the back of the resort. If summer time is your preference you can also walk out the back of the resort (about 10 minute walk) and you are at the beach. There is also shuttle service to the beach if you have little ones or a lot of beach gear to carry. We love this place and usually go in March and also toward the end of September into October. Actually anytime at Waterside is great.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also, Waterside by Spinnaker exchanges thru II?
You will be near some great restaurants just about anywhere on the Island.

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Waterside exchanges through II but only those with float/flexible options. Spinnaker does not allow owners to reserve summer weeks (Memorial Day through Labor Day) and deposit those in II so don't bother adding it if you are looking for summer only.