• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MTG Consultants

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
...MTG Consultants in Biddeford, Me.? They release you of your timeshare, for a fee of course.

Not likely, fee notwithstanding. There are precious few magicians around with any such mystical powers, even for a fee.

Biddeford, Maine? Seriously? "MTG Consultants" street address (as indicated on their web site, anyhow) is (according to a friend in the area) an old brick (and seemingly largely vacant) building right down the street from the Post Office property.
I wonder if I could talk him into making an office visit posing as a potential "client"? He doesn't really know (or at all care) about timeshares, so it might be a tough sell to ask him to waste his time just to satisfy my own curiosity. We'll see. :ponder:

Last edited:

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
They release you of your timeshare, for a fee of course.

Even if the do "release you of your timeshare", the fee is probably a lot greater than what it would cost you to do it yourself. Have you tried asking the resort if it would take your TS back?

http://tug2.net/timeshare_advice/give_back_timeshare.html

If it's with Wyndham or Diamond, they have programs in place where they are taking some timeshares back:

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...e-back-your-diamond-resorts-timeshare.224859/

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...ack-get-rid-of-your-wyndham-timeshare.237533/
https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...ack-get-rid-of-your-wyndham-timeshare.237533/
Have you tried the free giveaway method here on TUG?

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/how-can-i-give-away-my-timeshare-on-tug.132509/

With a little time and effort, you can "release [yourself] of your timeshare" for a lot less money and do it legally.

Maureenk1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not likely, fee notwithstanding. There are precious few magicians around with any such mystical powers, even for a fee.

Biddeford, Maine? Seriously? "MTG Consultants" street address (as indicated on their web site, anyhow) is (according to a friend in the area) an old brick (and seemingly largely vacant) building right down the street from the Post Office property.
I wonder if I could talk him into making an office visit posing as a potential "client"? He doesn't really know (or at all care) about timeshares, so it might be a tough sell to ask him to waste his time just to satisfy my own curiosity. We'll see. :ponder:
Thank you! I appreciate it! I too looked up the address and it shows a brick building. No need to ask friend, but I appreciate it!
Maureen

Maureenk1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Even if the do "release you of your timeshare", the fee is probably a lot greater than what it would cost you to do it yourself. Have you tried asking the resort if it would take your TS back?

http://tug2.net/timeshare_advice/give_back_timeshare.html

If it's with Wyndham or Diamond, they have programs in place where they are taking some timeshares back:

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...e-back-your-diamond-resorts-timeshare.224859/

Have you tried the free giveaway method here on TUG?

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/how-can-i-give-away-my-timeshare-on-tug.132509/

With a little time and effort, you can "release [yourself] of your timeshare" for a lot less money and do it legally.
Thank you for the advice. I think I am victim to a scam. I still owe on it. It was a Ron Jon in Coco Beach which Holiday Day Inn bought out. I would love to get rid of it. Yes, I have spoken with HI and they will not budge! I will look into this thank you! Maureen

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you! I appreciate it! I too looked up the address and it shows a brick building. No need to ask friend, but I appreciate it!

I'd like to have my buddy witness (maybe even secretly record) the MTG "pitch" and operation first hand if I can persuade him that it might be worthwhile and fun. I could even provide him with a completely legitimate deed to "present" as the timeshare he allegedly wants to "escape" . His work is seasonal and he has plenty of free time at this time of year; I'll try to entice him with dinner and drinks on me for his participation in an "investigation".

Most of these "upfront fee exit parasites" are just vaporous "cyberspace" operations; I am intrigued by one suddenly surfacing using a very specific street address in a (apparently mostly vacant) commercial building in a little Maine city as an (alleged) operating address. :ponder:

Then again, this may be just another "cyberspace" operation anyhow. There may actually be no one at all in "Suite 102" at 32 Alfred Street in Biddeford, Maine. It may be nothing more than a "mail drop", or maybe just a bogus address chosen because it's a currently vacant space. The phone number that "MTG Consultants" posts on their web site is not a Maine area code, but a "toll free" number --- they could actually be anywhere. :shrug:

You mentioned that you may be a "victim of a scam". Have you already succumbed to whatever game "MTG Consultants" is running, or are you referring to your original timeshare purchase? If the former, could you provide some insight into where / how you even heard of MTG in the first place? How / why you you came to believe their claims of "timeshare escape" abilities? Would you care to tell us how much you paid them? When and by what means did they collect payment from you? What has been the communication from them (if any) since you paid them?

A great many people interested in various aspects of timeshares visit this site.
Sharing details of your unfortunate experience could go a long way toward helping others avoid a similar fate.

Last edited:

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I am victim to a scam. I still owe on it. It was a Ron Jon in Coco Beach which Holiday Day Inn bought out. I would love to get rid of it.

What's the scam that you fear you are the victim of? Do you mean that you went to one of those sales presentations and purchased right there and then? If so, I would not call it a scam. It was just a bad deal.

And if you still owe money on it, you will have a hard time giving it away. Nobody wants to take on a timeshare that still has MFs or mortgage owing on it. That's all the more reason to watch out for these outfits like the one you mentioned in the OP and thread title. So you have a couple of choices. First, try paying off what you owe and then make use of what you have.

But since you are asking about a company that can somehow "release you of your timeshare", you can pay it off and then try to give it away. Or the other option would be to default and forfeit all the money you have paid thus far and let your TS go into foreclosure. Neither option might sound appealing right now but that is the hard and honest truth.

And again to emphasize, no company, lawyer, or charity will make your TS and outstanding mortgage magically disappear. If they do, it will be by questionable means, usually the unwitting foreclosure.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
MTG Consultants, LLC has a filing in the state of Wyoming but while active they are showing as delinquent for tax. There is no record of this entity name being authorized to do business in the state of Maine. They don’t sound trustworthy to me.

Maureenk1

TUG Member
Reaction score
MTG Consultants, LLC has a filing in the state of Wyoming but while active they are showing as delinquent for tax. There is no record of this entity name being authorized to do business in the state of Maine. They don’t sound trustworthy to me.
Thank you for checking!

Maureenk1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd like to have my buddy witness (maybe even secretly record) the MTG "pitch" and operation first hand if I can persuade him that it might be worthwhile and fun. I could even provide him with a completely legitimate deed to "present" as the timeshare he allegedly wants to "escape" . His work is seasonal and he has plenty of free time at this time of year; I'll try to entice him with dinner and drinks on me for his participation in an "investigation".

Most of these "upfront fee exit parasites" are just vaporous "cyberspace" operations; I am intrigued by one suddenly surfacing using a very specific street address in a (apparently mostly vacant) commercial building in a little Maine city as an (alleged) operating address. :ponder:

Then again, this may be just another "cyberspace" operation anyhow. There may actually be no one at all in "Suite 102" at 32 Alfred Street in Biddeford, Maine. It may be nothing more than a "mail drop", or maybe just a bogus address chosen because it's a currently vacant space. The phone number that "MTG Consultants" posts on their web site is not a Maine area code, but a "toll free" number --- they could actually be anywhere. :shrug:

You mentioned that you may be a "victim of a scam". Have you already succumbed to whatever game "MTG Consultants" is running, or are you referring to your original timeshare purchase? If the former, could you provide some insight into where / how you even heard of MTG in the first place? How / why you you came to believe their claims of "timeshare escape" abilities? Would you care to tell us how much you paid them? When and by what means did they collect payment from you? What has been the communication from them (if any) since you paid them?

A great many people interested in various aspects of timeshares visit this site.
Sharing details of your unfortunate experience could go a long way toward helping others avoid a similar fate.
I am victim to a scam! My concern is they have actually helped people per reviews on the BBB site.
I paid 2500.00 It was deducted via my checking. I called my bank and they said since I gave them my account to auto deduct I gave my permission.
Should I document my experience in a specific location on TUG?
Thanks,
Maureen

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Sorry to hear. How long ago did you pay them? If MTG requested your checking account deduct if was likely because they dont want people disputing the credit card charge later on.

Since you also have an outstanding loan it isn’t as easy as just convincing the HOA to take the deed back because the outside lender is still going to want their money.

I am sorry to say I don’t see a good outcome for this. I don’t see them making your ownership and loan going away and I don’t see them refunding you. If it has been awhile you could dispute with the BBB as they don’t have any complaints listed. They might just refund you to keep that clean.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am victim to a scam! My concern is they have actually helped people per reviews on the BBB site.
I paid 2500.00 It was deducted via my checking. I called my bank and they said since I gave them my account to auto deduct I gave my permission.
Should I document my experience in a specific location on TUG?
Thanks,
Maureen
When you first posted your question, I was hoping that you had not dropped money into their scam. It appears that you had already given them your money. You need to talk to the bank to close that account or change the account number so that they will not take any more money out of your account.

These days we rarely write a check because the account number is on it. It is easy for criminals to have direct access to the bank account when they know the acccount number. We also do not use our debit card other than to withdraw money from our bank's ATM machine.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I paid 2500.00 It was deducted via my checking. I called my bank and they said since I gave them my account to auto deduct I gave my permission. Should I document my experience in a specific location on TUG?

A description of your experience posted right here in this very thread would be entirely appropriate and welcomed.
In order to best inform and help others, it would be very useful to provide a few certain specific (non-personal) details:

--- How did you first learn about these parasites? Did they contact you out of the blue? Did you find them on the web? Elsewhere? Where and how, exactly? This item is of particular interest to me personally, since I routinely follow timeshare matters and, to the best of my knowledge and belief, third party timeshare-related entities basically do not exist in the state of Maine, only representatives who are associated with (and operate on site at) individual ME timeshare properties.

--- What exactly did "MTG Consultants" say or claim that somehow convinced you that they would be able to extract you from a loan obligation or your timeshare contract? Was it verbal persuasion on the phone? Did they provide "testimonials" (oral or written) from others (real or contrived)? Anything else? Something obviously convinced you to part with $2,500.

--- Was there any hard copy (or electronically transmitted) contract document provided at any time?
If so, can you provide details about the content of that "contract"? It might be very revealing (no personal i.d. requested).

--- Did you receive any "follow up" of any sort after they had your money? If so, please describe.
Did they offer you any "we're working on it" song and dance? Did they just simply disappear and go "radio silent" once they had your money? Did you initiate any follow up contact? if so, what response did you get (if any)?

That's really just about all you need to share in order to help others avoid a similar fate, whether with these "MTG Consultants" parasites or with any others peddling such "magical escape" services. No personal i.d. info is necessary for you to describe the events by providing the above relevant details. We respect your personal privacy; we are merely seeking to learn and to better understand the current m.o. and tactics being employed by these scammers and others like them.

You could simply reply right here by quoting this post and then typing in your descriptive responses beneath each question section posed above. That would likely be the easiest means for you to respond, but it's entirely your choice.

Needless to say, if you have not already done so, you should work with your bank to close out whatever accounts to which you may have provided these scammers account numbers and / or direct access. You need to make absolutely certain that they have no future access to those accounts by acquiring new account numbers.

I am very sorry about all this. It seems clear that you've been "had". At this point, all you can really do is try to help others avoid a similar fate by describing the above requested m.o. details from your own recent and unfortunate experience.

Last edited:

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Had hoped for some first hand feedback from the OP regarding MTG Consultants, but only "crickets" so far.
Bumping up the thread, in hopes of receiving a reply and more information and details from the OP. :shrug:

Last edited:

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
One last attempt to "bump up" the topic for OP input. It's a shame not to have a first hand account from a recent victim. Sharing those details could go a long way toward helping others to avoid a similar fate. :shrug:

Maureenk1

TUG Member
Reaction score
MTG Consultants contacted us via phone call. I told them I needed to think about this and get back to them. I did do a great deal of research, I contacted the attorney office they did business with and spoke with a past client. Everything checked out. I am guess maybe I did not research well enough. They had very convincing sales people. They told me the cost and I needed to pay upfront. I said no and they offered to work with me on finances and if not out of time share in 1 years I had a full money back guarantee. I was mailed a packed with all this information in it, including the guarantee. I was assigned a case manager who was actually pretty great! He gave me step by step instructions on what was going to happen, what they were sending me, and and what I needed to do. We followed this for several months. We spoke at least once a month if not more. I even had a letter from the Attorney General in Florida, so I assumed and they confirmed everything was moving right along. I saw proof of the efforts, but no Timeshare release. I even had communication from the Timeshare saying they were not letting us out of the release, which made this all seem very legitimate. Then a month and a half had passed and I had not heard from my case manager, so i called. His voice mail (VM) was full , so I called the office. They transferred me to another case manager, who said he was out due to family issues. I thought okay that suds reasonable. This new case manager said he would keep in touch with me and did not. That is when I became curious. I called him only to get VM box is full. I called the main office number and it just rang. There was no way to leave a message. Then I contacted another person I spoke with early on and same mailbox issues. I started sending emails only to get 'mailer demon' errors and I double and triple checked my emails addresses. I gave it a few days and the same issues. Now I felt I was scammed. I tried to locate these people on Facebook and could not find them or if they were the right people. I thought how am I going to find the status of where my timeshare is at and I had no clue, so I reported this to the BBB in Me. They did repond saying they contacted me via phone and email but they did not. So now it is a wait to see what happens.

Maureenk1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for checking!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
all the suggestions to avoid this, and you still paid them upfront? :bawl:

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
all the suggestions to avoid this, and you still paid them upfront? :bawl:

I think the OP had unfortunately already paid before inquiring about it here.

Maureenk1

TUG Member
Reaction score
When you first posted your question, I was hoping that you had not dropped money into their scam. It appears that you had already given them your money. You need to talk to the bank to close that account or change the account number so that they will not take any more money out of your account.

These days we rarely write a check because the account number is on it. It is easy for criminals to have direct access to the bank account when they know the acccount number. We also do not use our debit card other than to withdraw money from our bank's ATM machine.
Good advice! Thanks!