• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best Practices for Speeding Up Vistana/II Account Creation

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
After 6 long months, our Maui Westin Vistana resale purchase has finally closed. The paperwork is now being sent to Vistana.

I would like to gain access ASAP to make 12 month reservations and II cash getaways. However, the closing agent is telling us that Vistana is currently taking 4 - 6 weeks.

What are best practices for expediting this?

1) Based on another TUG thread, we set up a Vistana account online and I asked the escrow company for the contract #. She gave me the contract # for the sellers. Does this contract number now become ours? or does Vistana assign a different number?

2) What is the best number to call at Vistana to follow up?

3) How do we get II account initiated more quickly?

4) Other suggestions?

Many thanks for your ideas.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I would use a different title company next time - it should not take 6 months.

You can't do anything until Vistana records the new deed in your name.

Here is the number for the Vistana title office - I would call them:

Title Dept.
You can email or FAX your new (recorded) deed to Vistana yourself-
Phone 1-800-729-8246 ext. 62291
Fax 1-407-418-7211
Email to send deeds to - titlechanges@vistana.com

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Thank you @DeniseM. Agree 6 months is too long. This was a deal led by a reputable broker and escrow co.- not ebay. All went well but got tired of reaching out every week to get action.

Does Vistana set up the II account?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Yes - If you bought a mandatory resort, you will get a corporate Acct., paid for by your VSE fees, and they will set it up.

Jayco29D

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott, Vistana
Just wondering why it took 6 months? What broker and title company did you use? I have one in closing and hope it does not take this long.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
The title company received all my paperwork Feb 1 for my Bella.

We shall see how long it takes. They told me Vistana takes 2-4 weeks once they receive the transfer paperwork.

travelfam18

Reaction score
I’m interested to see how long it takes as I am in the waiting period for Vistana to record but for a different property. Should I call owner services to see how long it takes?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Remember, that after the title company receives all of the signed paperwork from the buyer/seller, the new deed has to be sent to the local county recorder's office to be recorded with the county, before it is sent to Westin. The title company has to get a stamped copy of the deed from the county, to send to the Westin Title Office. Usually, the title company will mail the owner a copy of the stamped deed, at the same time they mail it to Westin. The "stamp" is the county's stamp, indicating that the deed has been recorded.

Last edited:

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
I’m interested to see how long it takes as I am in the waiting period for Vistana to record but for a different property. Should I call owner services to see how long it takes?
Our agent worked with Vistana and requested the process be speeded up. No promises were made but we passed in under a month as we were pushing to reserve a Hawaii unit for the summer at the 8 mos mark. We were all surprised that we even had online access in time to reserve. I don't think this is at all typical but we were impressed. It is worth a try

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, SHERATON BROADWAY PLANTATION, GRAND PACIFIC PALISADES, SHERATON DESERT OASIS, HYATT COCONUT PLANTATION, RIVERVIEW RESORT
Keep calling them because Vistana took forever with mine too. They had several excuses. I kept calling them weekly. Finally got it recorded and finalized on Feb 13

travelfam18

Reaction score
Well I just got an email from the exchange company so hopefully that’s a good sign that everything is completed, the transfer agent hasn’t received final confirmation yet though. So I’ll be waiting for the final paperwork in the mail!

travelfam18

Reaction score
The title company received all my paperwork Feb 1 for my Bella.

We shall see how long it takes. They told me Vistana takes 2-4 weeks once they receive the transfer paperwork.
Have you heard back or got everything completed?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I called Vistana Title today (thanks @DeniseM for the phone numbers). The rep told me it will take 6 weeks...argh! They are processing it in the order received (for us this was Feb 28). You need to provide the seller's contract number on the estoppel for Vistana to look it up.

Last edited:

travelfam18

Reaction score
I called Vistana Title today (thanks @DeniseM for the phone numbers). The rep told me it will take 6 weeks...argh! They are processing it in the order received (for us this was Feb 28). You need to provide the seller's contract number from the estoppel for Vistana to look it up.
WOW!! I may not be too far behind you!...:bawl::shrug: Thanks for the update!

travelfam18

Reaction score
I have a question though, who sends the transfer application to the exchange company for the account was created? Im a new owner but got an exchange account but nothing from Vistana? any ideas?

travelfam18

Reaction score
I called Vistana Title today (thanks @DeniseM for the phone numbers). The rep told me it will take 6 weeks...argh! They are processing it in the order received (for us this was Feb 28). You need to provide the seller's contract number on the estoppel for Vistana to look it up.
So I called and they could find it but needed the names on the account and since I only have the estoppel that’s as far as I could go, so I guess I’ll continue waiting :(

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I’m official. I got an email from the title company yesterday. I plugged in my contract number on the Vistana website and it now shows 81,000 points for 2019.

I know Interval is included. Do I need to set that up by contacting Vistana or will II have a record of me? I’m used to HGVC system which has the portal link to RCI directly from the website.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I am still waiting...I have about 2 weeks to go = 7 months (sigh).

travelfam18

Reaction score
I’m official. I got an email from the title company yesterday. I plugged in my contract number on the Vistana website and it now shows 81,000 points for 2019.

I know Interval is included. Do I need to set that up by contacting Vistana or will II have a record of me? I’m used to HGVC system which has the portal link to RCI directly from the website.
congrats!

travelfam18

Reaction score

Question did you get a new contract number with your resale or were you able to used the previous owners contract number (the number on the estoppel letter)?

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I called this morning. He said I will be contacted by II with a code to set up the membership.

LA_Transplant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN
Yes - If you bought a mandatory resort, you will get a corporate Acct., paid for by your VSE fees, and they will set it up.
Hey Denise - I purchased at WKORVN last year. Does an II account automatically come with that purchase? I called Vistana today and they told me that they only assign an account if I want to deposit my week in II, which I will never do. However, I am wondering if I am paying the annual fee for II and I was interested in the possibility of renting additional dates/weeks from II. Can you provide me any insight regarding this?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I would call back and talk to someone else - it doesn't sound like they knew what they were talking about. You may have to ask for Owner Resolution Services to get action, and you may have to insist about talking to them.