• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Luxxe in Cabo

chalucky

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the plan for Vidanta in Cabo? We were just there for New Years and saw the construction going on at the Grand Mayan for the Hakkassan entertainment area. We were also approached at the supermarket saying Grand Luxxe was going to open on the East Cape. I know this has been rumored for years but I guess it is coming to reality?

I noticed no-one has posted on this lately. Anyone have updated info?

ValHam

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am at Vidanta Cabo now Construction finished -They have been doing updates at East Cape - I am not interested in any updates. However, the resort looks nice.

chalucky

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
So is there to be a Grand Luxxe on East Cape area past the Flora Farms area? When is it scheduled to open?

ValHam

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have spoken to members here who have gone out to East Cape - As mentioned I am not interested in going to the presentation so I do not know what is happening -

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
So is there to be a Grand Luxxe on East Cape area past the Flora Farms area? When is it scheduled to open?

They started telling owners about Grand Luxxe East Cape at least 8 years ago. We were in Cabo in October 2010 and were told about it. We were not interested. They have recently updated the Grand Mayan in Cabo and a few years ago sent some information about East Cape but I have not heard anything lately.

In the meantime, they have been building like crazy in Nuevo and Riviera Maya. They are currently focusing on Nuevo because of the theme park.

This is not unusual for Vidanta - in 1999 they were pushing Puerto Penasco and did build a Mayan Palace there and started selling Grans Mayan's. Finally in the spring of 2015, the Grand Mayan opened there.

For a while they were going to build a huge hotel in Buenos Aires, but eventually sold the land to another hotel group. They made a big deal about building there, but not so much when they sold it.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
It’s notable that they removed mention of east cape from the Vidanta website, too, and just recently changed the resort fees and return limitations for exchanging into existing resorts on RCI. There used to be a one week high season and two weeks total per year at any resort for them, but now it’s unlimited exchanges plus a higher fee. Could be they’re shifting to more reliance on the hotel side as an income source than sales, but that’s just my speculation on what could be driving the changes.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I found it interesting that the Grand Luxxe facebook posted about the Grand Mayan / Hakkasan Group OMNIA Grand Opening just a few days ago. I had not looked at the VIdanta website. :oops:

When we were there in 2010, upgrading to GL was not on our radar. By 2013, our family was not traveling with us as much and we upgraded when on an exchange at Grand Bliss. We did not need 6 Vidanta weeks plus the VF weeks each year. Not having the 5 year renovation fees for them all was a big factor in our upgrade. (We were obligated to at least one each year for quite a while.) I did like the location of the Cabo GM and would go again. East Cape would be fine for just the 2 of us but the family might find it too remote. It will be interesting to watch. :)

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
We’re trying out the Cabo GM next year. Happy if they do finish East Cape, but I’m not holding my breath.

By the way, Vidanta just dumped a bunch of GL RM weeks in SFX, including when you’re down at GB if you want to switch. Looks like 2 BR, 1 BR & studio suites.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
We’re trying out the Cabo GM next year. Happy if they do finish East Cape, but I’m not holding my breath.

By the way, Vidanta just dumped a bunch of GL RM weeks in SFX, including when you’re down at GB if you want to switch. Looks like 2 BR, 1 BR & studio suites.

Thanks Eric - I called but since I had not taken out the trip insurance I would have had to pay a $149 re-booking fee for each week and the up-fee for GL. It would have cost me over $1000 for the 2 weeks! I kept the Grand Bliss. :)

pianoetudes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham and Vidanta Grand Luxxe

Eric, did you find this at SFX website or by calling them?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I found it at the portion of the SFX site that allows you to search for privilege weeks as a Vidanta owner. It works if you sign in and have them; not sure if it would for non-Vidanta owners. The URL is: https://members.sfxresorts.com/specials/privilegeweeks/search. They’ve matched exchanges for me with other TS weeks that would be the same, so I’m fairly sure they aren’t segregated as privilege weeks only.