• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Guests or Expired members? come back for free!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Just tossing out an idea for guests and or expired members here on TUG.

If you have been on vacation in the past 12 months to a resort we havent had a review for in some time, but not submitted a review either because you dont have a TUG membership or its expired...we'd like to trade you for your review!

simply browse to the resort you could submit a review for here:

https://tug2.com/timeshare-resorts/?Top-Rated-Timeshare-Resorts&top=TUG

if you notice the resort you stayed in has a little gold tag on it saying Review Award Available, we will renew your membership or grant you a new trial membership to submit it!

The length of the membership will coincide with the quality of the review (anywhere from a week to 6mo, with the latter being an actual comprehensive review vs a single line or two about how great or terrible the stay was)

It is our hope that many of the guests or expired members here on TUG will have some vacation stories to share and in return can earn a free TUG membership!

If this interests you, simply shoot us an email at TUG@TUG2.NET and we will get you set up and look forward to reading your review!

Last edited:

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
How long ago do you want the reviews?
I see several I can do from 2-3 years ago.
Is that too old?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I'm not a guest, or expired, but I do have a couple of reviews, from this year, that I can submit that would qualify for awards. I'll do it when we get home from our current trip.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Great offer to keep those reviews coming.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
How long ago do you want the reviews?
I see several I can do from 2-3 years ago.
Is that too old?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

would depend on the resort of course. if by chance they are more recent than what is provided by the existing reviews, im sure many would love to read them!

2-3 years in the realm of a timeshare isnt all that out of date, especially if the review contains information about renovations or new additions etc compared to previous reviews!

eschjw

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oakmont
Great idea Brian!

I got a call from a cousin yesterday and he had just stayed at a Bluegreen resort that has not been reviewed in over a year. He has never been to this site. I will suggest that he post a review and take advantage of your offer.

He called to tell me about his $20,000 purchase, but is following my advice to cancel. Once that is completed, he can join and use TUG to do his due diligence.

This offer reminded me that I might need to request the membership extension due for my review of Oyster Bay last year. This resort near Vero Beach had not been reviewed in many years and I don't think that I requested the extension reward. Thanks

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Just submitted two. One for Maui Lea at Maui Hill and the other for the Coronado Beach Resort (just got back from there today). It looks like both are eligible for a reward.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I liked the idea Brian. I also would like to see the total number of Resort Reviews on the TUG website increase by thirty (30) to fifty percent (50%)
and the TUG membership increase by thirty percent (30%) or over 100,000 members by the end of the year 2018.:clap:

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ha..im not sure a single post would result in those increases...but there were certainly a large number of reviews submitted on saturday as a result of the newsletter no doubt!

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Brian, if all current members/users of TUG will just submit one timeshare review per year; TUG Resorts Review section will increase ten (10) folds.

TUG membership will increase because every timeshare resort in RCI & Interval International will be reviewed at some point in time.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I dont disagree, it would truly be a wonderful thing to have every TUG member submit at least 1 review!

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Brian,

I just submitted a review for Pinestead Reef, I'm still a member so this offer might not apply to me, but I love this resort and this post forced me to write a review I should have written years ago...thanks for all you do....

Just tossing out an idea for guests and or expired members here on TUG.

If you have been on vacation in the past 12 months to a resort we havent had a review for in some time, but not submitted a review either because you dont have a TUG membership or its expired...we'd like to trade you for your review!

simply browse to the resort you could submit a review for here:

https://tug2.com/timeshare-resorts/?Top-Rated-Timeshare-Resorts&top=TUG

if you notice the resort you stayed in has a little gold tag on it saying Review Award Available, we will renew your membership or grant you a new trial membership to submit it!

The length of the membership will coincide with the quality of the review (anywhere from a week to 6mo, with the latter being an actual comprehensive review vs a single line or two about how great or terrible the stay was)

It is our hope that many of the guests or expired members here on TUG will have some vacation stories to share and in return can earn a free TUG membership!

If this interests you, simply shoot us an email at TUG@TUG2.NET and we will get you set up and look forward to reading your review!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
you absolutely earn a membership extension for a review submitted! (or ad credits)

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
you absolutely earn a membership extension for a review submitted! (or ad credits)
Brian, I would like the membership extension, thanks, I need to do some more reviews...

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Hello Brian,

I wrote one on Wyndham’s Rio Mar. How do we tell how much you have extended our membership? I could not find where my membership expires.

Thanks

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
you should be able to view your membership expiration date when clicking on the "my tug" link at the top right hand corner of the page after logging into http://tug2.com

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hello Brian,

I wrote one on Wyndham’s Rio Mar. How do we tell how much you have extended our membership? I could not find where my membership expires.

Thanks
When your membership is up for renewal you email Tug letting them know you want to use your review towards renewal.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Thanks
you should be able to view your membership expiration date when clicking on the "my tug" link at the top right hand corner of the page after logging into http://tug2.com

Thanks Brian, I was looking for it in the forum and did not think about looking for it on tug2.

Found it and all is good.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When your membership is up for renewal you email Tug letting them know you want to use your review towards renewal.

Thanks, I just assumed that the extension would automatically happen but I will put a reminder to remind Brian that I did a review before my membership expires....thanks for the heads up

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks, I just assumed that the extension would automatically happen but I will put a reminder to remind Brian that I did a review before my membership expires....thanks for the heads up
You will get an email notice for renewal. You just respond to the notice saying to use your review credits for renewal.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I have done many reviews. The latest were for Berkshire Mountain Lodge and Smuggler’s Notch. Do I get a free renewal Brian? My membership expires in September.
Silentg

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
you certainly can, just reply to any of the renewal emails you should get starting in august!