• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Special Today Only

Kauai Kid

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
From Vanguard and Associates, 11755 Wilshire Blvd #1250 LA 90025:

You're invited to a complimentary meal for two where you can learn how to recover 100% of your timeshare's full purchase price!!!

Sounds like a scam to me.

Anybody ever tried them??

Thanks,

Sterling

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
From Vanguard and Associates, 11755 Wilshire Blvd #1250 LA 90025:

You're invited to a complimentary meal for two where you can learn how to recover 100% of your timeshare's full purchase price!!!

Sounds like a scam to me.

Anybody ever tried them??

Thanks,

Sterling

What kind of meal are they offering? Fillet Mingnon? Lobster Tails?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Not necessarily a scam, but could lead to one. If you are strong willed and good at saying no you could get a free meal out of it. This is likely an outfit that will try to tell youy about all the horrible things of timeshares, Give them your timeshare along with $3000 and they will get rid of the timeshare for you. These are otherwise known as PCCs. It could also be an outfit that will try to convert your week to RCI points or some vacation club company that will get you to sign up for an expensive vacation club that allows you to book RCI or II last minute or discounted inventory. If you already have a timeshare, you can already do this yourself. For a free meal, I wouldn't bother with it and taking them up on any kind of offer is going to part you from your money and probably won't solve the problem. There is no way to recover 100% of your timeshare purchase price if you purchased from the developer, even for the very best timeshares.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
From Vanguard and Associates:

I find myself wondering if they overlooked mentioning "Proudly sponsored by the American Association of Magicians and Sorcerers". :rolleyes:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
haha, everything about that screams "this is going to be a terrible deal for me, and a great deal for them"

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I think it is for a vacation club that they will say is worth $50,000 but if you give them your paid off timeshare they will give you the full price you paid and with the the sale that is today only you only have to pay $3000-$5000 and no more timeshare and now you only pay $199 per year plus $799 when you want to use one of your 50 vacation weeks.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
I think it is for a vacation club that they will say is worth $50,000 but if you give them your paid off timeshare they will give you the full price you paid and with the the sale that is today only you only have to pay $3000-$5000 and no more timeshare and now you only pay $199 per year plus $799 when you want to use one of your 50 vacation weeks.
I don't know about other timeshare companies, but Diamond won't allow ownership transfers to anything except individuals, and they require a copy of the driver's license for the new owner. It's done to prevent transfer to a viking ship company, which is what Vanguard may be.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a Vacation Club deal. These free meal deals are more successful in ginning up business than you might think. I remember a number of years ago when I had time on my hands I would attend such events just to see what they were selling. Back then it was a "We will take your Week off your hands for $$$$" deal. I was amazed how successful they were. It looked to me like over 50% of those attending wrote checks.

George

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score

taffy19

Reaction score
I don't know about other timeshare companies, but Diamond won't allow ownership transfers to anything except individuals, and they require a copy of the driver's license for the new owner. It's done to prevent transfer to a viking ship company, which is what Vanguard may be.
Did anyone read this information yesterday?

Is someone buying timeshares up already so they can put them in a new "pot" again? This "timeshare world" is getting crazier by the day, IMO.

Since Vanguard is in the name, I looked up the address and it is a virtual office address that anyone can use. Sounds pretty fishy to me.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is likely an outfit that will try to tell youy about all the horrible things of timeshares, Give them your timeshare along with $3000 and they will get rid of the timeshare for you. These are otherwise known as PCCs. It could also be an outfit that will try to convert your week to RCI points or some vacation club company that will get you to sign up for an expensive vacation club that allows you to book RCI or II last minute or discounted inventory. If you already have a timeshare, you can already do this yourself. For a free meal, I wouldn't bother with it and taking them up on any kind of offer is going to part you from your money and probably won't solve the problem. There is no way to recover 100% of your timeshare purchase price if you purchased from the developer, even for the very best timeshares.

Yeah, will probably do a lot of number-crunching and figure-skewing, like developer timeshare sales people, to make it look like the owner will come out ahead $15,000 with this deal --- 100% of what the owner paid.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
My Mom always falls for these "free breakfasts" at the timeshares.
She does them when I am not there so she doesn't have to listen
to me telling her not to go without me! I have had to get her out
of 2 contracts already! She just can't say no apparently.
She bought a timeshare that I already own. LOL.
She doesn't even know what I own.

I now forbid her to go to any "free" meals.
It's a crime what they do to seniors. Mom is 80.
She needs a timeshare like a hole in her head. Sheesh.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you get a lock on Mom's credit report? Would that work for denying access from a 'soft' inquiry?

Would you HAVE to get power of authority and FREEZE her report where she can NOT override it?

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
I did two Google searches. One for the address (this is a tiny shared office space where dozens and dozens of businesses can establish a virtual address. I then read a Yelp review about the Vanguard and associates. Here is some info from one:

"They promised a nice meal at an elegant hotel. It was a sandwich in a box. The presenter took no questions and spent the first hour explaining why timeshares are a bad thing without identifying the services they provide. We knew timeshares were a bad thing; that's why we were there. ...
Eventually he got to the bottom line: $6000 per timeshare. Then to sweeten the deal, he said we had to participate in their "lifestyle" buying club for $150 a year."

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
I did two Google searches. One for the address (this is a tiny shared office space where dozens and dozens of businesses can establish a virtual address. I then read a Yelp review about the Vanguard and associates. Here is some info from one:

"They promised a nice meal at an elegant hotel. It was a sandwich in a box. The presenter took no questions and spent the first hour explaining why timeshares are a bad thing without identifying the services they provide. We knew timeshares were a bad thing; that's why we were there. ...
Eventually he got to the bottom line: $6000 per timeshare. Then to sweeten the deal, he said we had to participate in their "lifestyle" buying club for $150 a year."
I'm guessing you can kiss your $6000 goodbye, and your timeshare ownership will never get transferred. The $150/year buying club participation is probably just to make it sound legit.