• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
I think it should pass. I think it's a very good price especially since it's an all-in price AND I'm getting a good 2019 week and not paying the 2018 fees. A number of sellers tried to pass those on and I pass on those deals. I'm likely to use the week and combine with a great offer I just got from Hyatt to preview a 2BDRM OF for $999 for 5 days. So it looks like Maui is in our future for 2019

How'd you get the $999?

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
How'd you get the $999?
Email solicitation. I had done a presentation back in 2014 and said no so was surprised to receive but verry happy. For $999 you get a 2BDRM OF and a basic rental car. Now i have to make it work with everyone's schedule with my DD looking for her first job out of college but at the very least me and the mrs. and friends will be going.

michael49

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Ocean Club, Waiohai Beach Club, Desert Springs II, Manor Club (Original Section), DC points
Plus Resort fees and parking? Five or six 'nights'
6 days, 5 nights; doesn't include parking but does include resort fees. I just got the same solicitation by way of snail mail.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
6 days, 5 nights; doesn't include parking but does include resort fees. I just got the same solicitation by way of snail mail.
6 days 5 nights. I don't see anything labelled fine print that says I'm responsible for parking. the T&Cs are below. It would be BS if they charged me for parking when it's not specifically mentioned.

"Accommodations are for an oceanfront 2-bedroom, 2-bath suite at Hyatt Residence Club Maui, which includes a king bed, guest room with queen bed, queen-size sleeper sofa, private lanai, washer and dryer, and fully-equipped kitchen. Promoted rate includes daily resort fee. You will be responsible for any incidental expenses such as transportation, meals, activities, additional expenses and taxes, where applicable.

Any certificates or premiums offered in conjunction with your vacation package will be honored after completion of the sales presentation. Your package includes an Avis time and mileage credit for up to $185 for up to six pre-paid rental days in an intermediate-sized vehicle during your vacation travel dates. Operating expenses including taxes, gas, insurance coverage, upgrades, damages and optional services are your responsibility. You must present a valid driver's license and meet standard Avis rental requirements. This credit is non-transferable and may not be combined with any other offers or coupons, and is not substitutable. Any unused portion of this credit will be forfeited. Car rental company subject to change.

SeaDoc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Chairman's Club:
2 Marriott Newport Coasts-PLAT;
1 Marriott Desert Springs I-RED;
1 Marriott Timber Lodge - Summer-PLAT;
3 StarElite Vistana: 2 Westin Lagunamar-PLAT
I am a happy camper! I purchased a two bedroom platinum annual Timber Lodge unit and it passed ROFR at $4200. I didn't think it would pass. Super happy.

What season, summer or winter?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Any season but holiday weeks were higher priced is what we were told.

michael49

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Ocean Club, Waiohai Beach Club, Desert Springs II, Manor Club (Original Section), DC points
6 days 5 nights. I don't see anything labelled fine print that says I'm responsible for parking. the T&Cs are below. It would be BS if they charged me for parking when it's not specifically mentioned.

"Accommodations are for an oceanfront 2-bedroom, 2-bath suite at Hyatt Residence Club Maui, which includes a king bed, guest room with queen bed, queen-size sleeper sofa, private lanai, washer and dryer, and fully-equipped kitchen. Promoted rate includes daily resort fee. You will be responsible for any incidental expenses such as transportation, meals, activities, additional expenses and taxes, where applicable.

Any certificates or premiums offered in conjunction with your vacation package will be honored after completion of the sales presentation. Your package includes an Avis time and mileage credit for up to $185 for up to six pre-paid rental days in an intermediate-sized vehicle during your vacation travel dates. Operating expenses including taxes, gas, insurance coverage, upgrades, damages and optional services are your responsibility. You must present a valid driver's license and meet standard Avis rental requirements. This credit is non-transferable and may not be combined with any other offers or coupons, and is not substitutable. Any unused portion of this credit will be forfeited. Car rental company subject to change.

Very interesting!
My snail mail T & C reads: "You are responsible for any incidental expenses such as parking, transportation, meals, activities and taxes, where applicable."

JeffreyBee

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SurfWatch, Desert Springs II
Bought a Desert Springs II for $1 that I never dreamed would go through. The real estate broker told me yesterday that the transfer agent ordered the Deed which he says means it passed ROFR. I hope so.

I got a 2 BR lockoff, weeks 22-27 or 36-49.

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott's Shadow Ridge Enclaves
Resort In Cocoa Beach, FL
Bought a Desert Springs II for $1 that I never dreamed would go through. The real estate broker told me yesterday that the transfer agent ordered the Deed which he says means it passed ROFR. I hope so.

Congratulations! Where did you find your unit for $1.00? I've had 3 ROFR's within the last two months.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Marriott Waiohai, Platinum Annual 2br, Island View: Marriott exercised ROFR with contract sales price of : $7500

That's a surprise....(not sarcastic).

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Marriott Waiohai, Platinum Annual 2br, Island View: Marriott exercised ROFR with contract sales price of : $7500

That's a surprise....(not sarcastic).

Wow -- I would have thought that would pass. Interesting....thanks for posting this!

Best,

Greg

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Yup.
WKORV OFD, passed at $21k.
Waiohai IV, failed at $7500

Hm. Go figure.

stslc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mountainside, MOC Sequel
Hope I haven’t jinxed anything by posting as Marriott hasn’t yet recorded the transfer. We have received the Quit Claim recorded by the state of HI..
We purchased a Marriott Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas 2BR annual Ocean View for $10;600 plus $400 closing costs. All in at 11k even. I was a little surprised it passed ROFR but very glad to own at MOC. Hoping to get transferred in time to get a summer week 2019..

NTP66

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club (x2)
Hope I haven’t jinxed anything by posting as Marriott hasn’t yet recorded the transfer. We have received the Quit Claim recorded by the state of HI..
We purchased a Marriott Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas 2BR annual Ocean View for $10;600 plus $400 closing costs. All in at 11k even. I was a little surprised it passed ROFR but very glad to own at MOC. Hoping to get transferred in time to get a summer week 2019..
That's borderline theft. Very nice.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe

That’s sounds like a great price. Congratulations! Enjoy.

Mike

JeffreyBee

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SurfWatch, Desert Springs II
Congratulations! Where did you find your unit for $1.00? I've had 3 ROFR's within the last two months.

Ebay. I also just bought a Tahoe floating week that I am waiting on to find out whether it went through

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score

Probably because it wasn't high season. But congrats.

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Yippie! After three unsuccessful attempts to purchase with Marriott, the ROFR was just waived for me to purchase at Grande Vista. The price was $775 not including the closing cost via Magical Reality. The Deed is being prepared. I have another waiting at Grand Chateau via Ebay. The first attempt was refused. I've added my information to the data base on ROFR.net.

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
I can’t find the post on how to check on the status of a ROFR. My closing agent is away until the 18th, but I’d like to find out the status on a Grand Chateau EBay purchase.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I can’t find the post on how to check on the status of a ROFR. My closing agent is away until the 18th, but I’d like to find out the status on a Grand Chateau EBay purchase.
You can't really find it out on your own. There isn't a web site or link to look it up. Your Closing Agent needs to tell you.

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Ok, I thought I had found something on TUG a while back detailing how to go to the registrar of deeds for the county where the timeshare is located. Thanks