• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2012] MOC Lahaina Tower Rooms

taffy19

Reaction score
Just left 9209/10 last week. The entrance of the middle units (see my MOC pictures showing the Villa floorplan) go directly into the kitchen where the master bathroom is on the left and kitchen entrance in ahead to the right with the Washer/Dryer is next to the refigerator. 9210's entrance goes behind the kitchen turning right where the Washer/Dryer is on the left and a different entrance structure to the kitchen, making the kitchen look smaller and less open to the living spaces. Don't know if there is more space in the master bathroom or not, but it did not appear to. So besides giving you hall space to keep your bags, it changes the entrance to the kitchen which makes it look smaller. So other than a larger hallway, it appears to be effectively the same size, only rearranged and perceptionally smaller.
Probably my fault in trying to stay on topic with an original thread, and not noticing it was six years old. ;-(
I looked at your floor plans, Gary. I do not see a floor plan for a center condo like #8207/8 or on higher or lower floors in your album.

I still believe that the only difference would be the view from the two separate Lanais in comparison to the two separate Lanais of the corner units because one Lanai has no wall on the side but the other one does in the lock-off unit.

Interesting to see from your picture that floor #9 supposedly has no fixed week/units but we know for a fact that there were two for sale that were fixed/week units for week #12 and 13 in 2014.

I guess that less fixed week/units will exist eventually if they change hand and end up in the trust.

PS. Correction again. It was a 3 BR condo on the 9th floor for week #12 and 13 as I just looked up the correspondence we received from the RedWeek broker. We could have bought that on RedWeek instead of the 1 BR condo at the Hyatt for about the same price.

Buying from the developer is a big mistake! We learned that the hard way. :bawl::wall: Don't do it.....

Last edited:

GaryDouglas

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean
Club Suites and Villas
Yep, the middle units are like that, the end units have a totally different entry and kitchen.

By the way, here is a pano from the corner of the 9210 patio...
IMG_0168-L.jpg

I found out if you upload a pano in Facebook and then view it from your phone, panning 270 degress with the phone (iPhone) reinacts the picture as taken without the pano destortion in the middle. Who knew? I didn't...

Last edited:

taffy19

Reaction score
The first one staying in a corner unit of the Lahaina tower should take a picture of the entrance but it won't be us. :bawl:

PS. Come to think of it, I believe that Gary is right as it gives a bigger feeling than what they show in this picture.

GaryDouglas

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean
Club Suites and Villas
I reserve at 13 to 12 months so am usually able to get one of my first 5 preferences. If I split the rooms, then all bets are off and I only push for building and lower floor, based upon my wife's gimpiness...

For us it's next May.

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
Maui Lahaina Tower 5th floor view... (maybe this is a better thread for topic)

Does anyone have view photos of the fifth floor 3BR, 5205/5206? Just wondering what the palm tree situation is at that level. From the outside it looks pretty obstructed...relatively speaking.

I know GregT and Stephen Ting have the Lahaina 6th floor 3BRs and I've seen their view images/