• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I just transferred to flex...what did I just do?

FC3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Orlando Vistana Resort
So I'm a 3 star and I kept the same points that I had but now I'm gonna pay $400 more in MF/yr... so whats the deal? Is it really worth it? I have been an elite owner for the past 6 years and I owned at the vistana orlando resort so it wasn't even a mandatory contract and they applied full value to equity. In the end I pay a little over $14k and then an extra $400/year in MF. Marriott is really throwing a wrench in this whole understanding I had to this. It seemed like there may be more value for the points this way but at the same time these presentations make it hard to see the line by constantly blurring your vision so to speak. I just want to know what others think about the "new" Marriott Flex pitch?

KACTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I'm a 3 star and I kept the same points that I had but now I'm gonna pay $400 more in MF/yr... so whats the deal? Is it really worth it? I have been an elite owner for the past 6 years and I owned at the vistana orlando resort so it wasn't even a mandatory contract and they applied full value to equity. In the end I pay a little over $14k and then an extra $400/year in MF. Marriott is really throwing a wrench in this whole understanding I had to this. It seemed like there may be more value for the points this way but at the same time these presentations make it hard to see the line by constantly blurring your vision so to speak. I just want to know what others think about the "new" Marriott Flex pitch?
Are you still in the recision period? This doesn’t make any sense to me. Why in the world would you pay $14,000 for what you have now AND $400 more in annual Maintenace fees??? What was the pitch??? Unless I totally don’t get what they sold you, my advice would be to RECIND as soon as possible.

jhac007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko Olina BC, Waioha BC, Crystal Shores (2 Gold), Kierland (Gold Plus), Ocean Pointe, Eagle's Nest, Vistana BC, Villas at Doral, Mizner Place, Windward Pointe, Star Island
What is Marriott Flex in Vistana?

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
They can’t be selling you something that isn’t even something yet. The sale won’t be finalized until September.
You definitely need to rescind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
When did you buy into Flex? There are applicable rescission periods -- but they are only a few days. Time is of the essence.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
There is no Marriott Flex. It is just salesperson's speculation at this point because lies help sell products. What you bought is a Vistana Flex, with no guarantee that it will give you access to Marriott properties as such a program has yet to be developed or will even be developed. This is just a sales gimmick to let you pay for an almost worthless product. You really should only do one thing, which is to rescind while you can.

Last edited:

FC3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Orlando Vistana Resort
yes, I'm still in my window of rescinding. I do see some value in the flex having multiple home resorts, more value in the the trade network (so they say), but with Marriott taking over I felt as though my voluntary contract may become worthless to Marriott eventually depreciating in value should I ever want to upgrade to more points. Not only that but I can see the MF going up until it only makes more sense to upgrade later but without the full equity of what I've already invested. A lot is changing for us right now and I just feel if one wanted to upgrade either now or in the future now might be the time to either make your move or at least get into a better position?

FC3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Orlando Vistana Resort
Sorry for the confusion but Marriott bought ILG. It is just Sheraton flex.

FC3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Orlando Vistana Resort
Whats the beef with flex? I mean I see a lot of rescind posts on this site but little explanation as to why flex is so bad.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Your old Vistana property is worth close to $0 now, so it cannot lose more value in the future than what it is worth now. I can say that because I also own such a property.

If you want options to book into other Vistana resorts within the Vistana network, you can pick up a resale unit at Sheraton Vistana Villages (Key West and Bella phases) for $1K-$2K and trade into ALL Vistana resorts. The issue is that with Sheraton Flex, when you sell it, the new resale owner is only able to book at about 7-8 resorts that are under Sheraton Flex. A Sheraton Flex resale owner has no access to Westin Flex and Aventuras timeshare portfolio within the Vistana system. If I am in the market to pick up a Vistana resale unit for booking within the Vistana system, which do you think I will buy? It will be one that has access to ALL Vistana resorts and not a Sheraton Flex product. As a result, there is no / little resale value for Sheraton Flex.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I hope you listen to everyone and rescind. What you spent doesn’t have any value. You can always get this deal. Be patient and see what happens. They will always take your money in the future.

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
The sale hasn’t happened yet, it will close in September. That’s the first lie sales told you.
You said you were 3* elite. Did you buy your original property from the developer? You keep saying you have a voluntary, but you do have SO since you bought from the developer, correct?
Or do you have more than one property that will now get Flex options/ Star options for a resale property that you are viewing an added benefit?

People view Flex negatively because it is a voluntary that has little to no resale value and a group of less than desirable resorts for higher MF.

The biggest perk is that you can reserve less than a week, any day of the week. It’s flexible. Is that worth the added cash outlay and increase in MF?

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
Rescind now, please. Just listen to everyone. Your purchase doesn't make any sense and Flex has zero resale value.

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, WLR, So Cal Beach Club
I agree with the above posters that you should rescind, but I would like more info on what exactly you traded in, and what you got.

What units did you give up, and how many SOs were they worth? I assume at least 159,000, since you're an elite owner.

How much equity credit did they give you?

How many HOs did you get?

What are your goals with this purchase? Where/when do you like to travel? How do you see yourself using the HOs?

Reactions: FC3

FC3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Orlando Vistana Resort
The sale hasn’t happened yet, it will close in September. That’s the first lie sales told you.
You said you were 3* elite. Did you buy your original property from the developer? You keep saying you have a voluntary, but you do have SO since you bought from the developer, correct?
Or do you have more than one property that will now get Flex options/ Star options for a resale property that you are viewing an added benefit?

People view Flex negatively because it is a voluntary that has little to no resale value and a group of less than desirable resorts for higher MF.

The biggest perk is that you can reserve less than a week, any day of the week. It’s flexible. Is that worth the added cash outlay and increase in MF?

Yes, we purchased from the developer originally and have been happy using and trading our options around. We have declined year after year to upgrade primarily because we are barely 3 star so it is a huge leap to get to the next level for more perks and we use what we own but occasionally rent a week to a good friend. The flex program seemed to only have a couple small perks that may or may not be worth the 14k but I was more curious as to the pros and cons of what I have now vs what I had. I asked about resells and they gave me a standard diversionary reply....lol then ask if that answered my question. Um not really but it's okay the question was rhetorical.

FC3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Orlando Vistana Resort
I agree with the above posters that you should rescind, but I would like more info on what exactly you traded in, and what you got.

What units did you give up, and how many SOs were they worth? I assume at least 159,000, since you're an elite owner.

How much equity credit did they give you?

How many HOs did you get?

What are your goals with this purchase? Where/when do you like to travel? How do you see yourself using the HOs?
162k options
2 bedroom wk 40 and 41 cascades units 22** annual MF was about 1000-1100/yr per contract
Purchase: $58,320 + $945 admin fee
Equity deposit: $43,980 (my full refund)
So that actually leaves $15,190 to "upgrade" to flex for the same 162k options.

Last edited:

KACTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the additional information. If it were me, I would still RECIND. You essentially gave them $15,190 plus additional $499 annually for the exact same SOs that you have now. The inventory for Flex will likely be insufficient to give you any additional booking advantage in the 8-12 month window for the other Sheraton Flex properties that are in prime season.

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
The only scenario where keeping the Flex would make sense is if you wanted to be able to reliably book Myrtle Beach over the 7/4 holiday, Vail/Avon or Steamboat Springs Colorado during holiday ski weeks, and Florida on other occasions. Flex would allow you to do those things at 12 months.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
The only scenario where keeping the Flex would make sense is if you wanted to be able to reliably book Myrtle Beach over the 7/4 holiday, Vail/Avon or Steamboat Springs Colorado during holiday ski weeks, and Florida on other occasions. Flex would allow you to do those things at 12 months.

I doubt that the Flex trust will have enough ski weeks (let alone holiday ski weeks) for the number of Flex packages they are selling and I suspect that anyone who buys Flex with the expectation of consistently reserving ski weeks will be sorely disappointed.

zerodegre

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana
Curious. : what location did you purchase this ? Orlando vistana villages or the Orlando resort

FC3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Orlando Vistana Resort
I was hoping to have more options for ski weeks but like you said with them pitching out flex left and right it might turn to a 12 month free for all between flex owners. I'm still up in the air. We've considered switching to flex for some time just to open up more choices for the future and yesterday they finally showed me a way in without spending $30K or more. So i jumped.....

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, WLR, So Cal Beach Club
I was hoping to have more options for ski weeks ...

Just another option to consider: there's an EOY 1 bedroom Sheraton Mountain Vista ski week listed on Redweek for $799. The mf are listed as $430 annually, but you'd want to confirm that. Not sure if SMV would be of interest or not.