• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Barrier Island Station Duck - Effort to Improve Communications and Satisfaction

Maple_Leaf

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
Okay, I Googled them which I probably should have done to begin with. SPM Resorts manages BIS Duck but we have an independent Board which my husband is on as the Treasurer. SPM is apparently part of the National Hospitality Group and that transaction occurred sometime this year I think. SPM Resorts handles our money - in other words taking it in and spending it. They are also responsible for the day to day activity but the Board provides the general policy guidance. BIS Duck is an independent resort, and is associated with RCI. We are not part of any vacation club nor are we looking to be part of one. To my knowledge, Owners can't trade a week at BIS Duck for a week at one of the National Hospitality Group resorts unless they do the trade through RCI. Is there other information you are seeking?
You've answered my question, thank you. NHG lists BIS Duck as a destination solely because SPM manages the resort.

Jkreming

Reaction score
Hello, looks like a lot going on with BIS Duck...I'm looking at purchasing week 34 (end of aug) in building 300 (by the indoor pool). Any additional thoughts or things I should be wary about? How high do you anticipate annual assessments to go and settle at? I don't fully understand the conversation about some buildings potentially failing...?

-Jason

Fayeoctober

TUG Member
Reaction score
The bids for the Interiors have not been finalized and a new bidder may be coming into the picture. In addition once all the bids are in and are trimmed as much as possible there will be a survey sent to all the Owners in terms of options for interiors and how much owners are willing to pay. The amount of the assessment (if any) won't be decided for several months, but it is very likely there will be an assessment. Included in the timeshare documents was a termination clause which was standard for timeshares built at that time. Rather than go into a lot of detail here, if anyone is thinking about purchasing please ask the seller for information on this.