• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New resorts

vv813

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are there any new resorts coming into the Wyndham system. Look like world mark may be getting a few. Wondering if this info has been given at any updates lately

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
News about new Worldmark resorts are typically gleaned from the BoD minutes and Mgt reports posted on the Worldmark website. Unfortunately there is not anything comparable on the Club Wyndham side.

We tend to learn about new resorts when they announce them on the website.

Trusting anything they say at updates - even about new resorts - is challenging.

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
An owner's update is the least reliable source of information on new resorts.

Honestly this forum is probably among the best.

BibbityBoppity

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fairfield Mountains
Makai Club
New resorts— Plantation Resort Myrtle Beach is still in the works. Margaritaville Atlanta and Nashville opening 2019 ish. The Orlando one isn’t contracted for Timeshare usage but hopefully that will change. Wyndham Grand Belize will be open for (I believe) for Timeshare December 2018.

IsaiahB

Reaction score
New resorts— Plantation Resort Myrtle Beach is still in the works. Margaritaville Atlanta and Nashville opening 2019 ish. The Orlando one isn’t contracted for Timeshare usage but hopefully that will change. Wyndham Grand Belize will be open for (I believe) for Timeshare December 2018.

Do you have a source about the Belize project having a timeshare aspect? I didn't see anything on any of the news articles I could find.

BibbityBoppity

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fairfield Mountains
Makai Club
That’s why I said I believe. If it’s not for Club Wyndham Points then it’ll be the Wyndham Rewards like the Viva All Inclusives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I would imagine the price point on these points will be a bit pricey in the beginning. :)

BibbityBoppity

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fairfield Mountains
Makai Club
I would imagine the price point on these points will be a bit pricey in the beginning. :)

Definitely up there in the 220/254 per thousand range. I doubt telesales will even have access to it because it’s Mexico and I don’t think our license extends to other countries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
Not sure that this will include any timeshare units.
The third post down says: "the resort's five towers – housing elegantly designed one-, two-, and three-bedroom hotel and residential suites – feature eleven cascading waterfalls and rise up from sparkling pools connected by bridges and canals reminiscent of Venice. The various waterways create the largest pool of its kind in all of Belize for guests and residents to enjoy." (bold emphasis added)

Then on this webpage, https://www.wyndhamgrandbelize.com/, besides the hotel info, there are links to pricing for "your very own" studio or villa ($600K+), or suite or penthouse ($1.2M+). Clearly residential/whole ownership, I don't see any additional info regarding timeshare development here. It certainly looks like a beautiful destination.

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
Do you get 5x the points for RCI charges as well as Wyndham charges?

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Not sure that this will include any timeshare units.

The third post down says: "the resort's five towers – housing elegantly designed one-, two-, and three-bedroom hotel and residential suites – feature eleven cascading waterfalls and rise up from sparkling pools connected by bridges and canals reminiscent of Venice. The various waterways create the largest pool of its kind in all of Belize for guests and residents to enjoy." (bold emphasis added)

Then on this webpage, https://www.wyndhamgrandbelize.com/, besides the hotel info, there are links to pricing for "your very own" studio or villa ($600K+), or suite or penthouse ($1.2M+). Clearly residential/whole ownership, I don't see any additional info regarding timeshare development here. It certainly looks like a beautiful destination.

Agree.... if anything would come our way, I think it likely be as an Associate hotel like some of the other Wyndham Grand locations (Boston, etc). Wyn loves putting dots on the map even if they are difficult to book.