• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2018] One night in ......

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
14 days out. HK will kill you if you aren't VIP.
HK will kill you if your average stay is below the number of credits for a stay in your unit size - if you typically make larger reservations, then it is possible to have credits left, for the occasional short reservation.

-Scott

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
HK will kill you if your average stay is below the number of credits for a stay in your unit size - if you typically make larger reservations, then it is possible to have credits left, for the occasional short reservation.

-Scott

Yep. We did one night at Bonnet Creek prior to our SSR exchange in May, and we had plenty of HK available to do it because our other stays this year were 5-7 days long. But only a VIP could make it a regular practice.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score

-Scott

Maybe, maybe not.

I have 2 units for one night and 1 unit for 2 nights at another resort. My HK would be 371. That is a lot of HK to burn.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

-Scott

But if OP was looking at $500 a night for a hotel, even high HK fees would be far less than that. I guess it is all in the perspective.

Wes

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
32K points and 63K HKP.

I rarely make short reservations, so I had plenty of HKP.

Yep - all it takes is a second reservation for 94K to keep you at the average of 63K for that unit size.

-Scott

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe, maybe not.

I have 2 units for one night and 1 unit for 2 nights at another resort. My HK would be 371. That is a lot of HK to burn.

3 short reservations will certainly bring your average down, but the size of the impact will be determined by the the number and size of your other reservations. Certainly if you own 200K points and make 200K points in reservations that require 371K of HK credits, you'll be spending a lot on HK. If you own 1M points, spending 371K in HK credits on 200K in reservations is more likely to be absorbed.

-Scott

BibbityBoppity

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fairfield Mountains
Makai Club
Are you ever allowed to book single nights?

I booked a single night for Bonnet Creek tomorrow and in the last I’ve booked single nights at Canterbury and Tahoe. It depends on the individual resort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baby Jane

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the resort maybe sold out by the 14 day mark. You could try booking three nights (or two if you can) and not staying the whole time. I know it sounds like a waste of points but you’ll be able to book it before it fills up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is where WR comes in handy. We use ours for special events when hotels are over the top.

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
System won't let me book a 1 night stay for early Jan. (1/7 or 1/8) in Hawaii.
Anyone know why? I get a message saying 2 night minimum.

r4rab

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA Margaritaville(USVI)
System won't let me book a 1 night stay for early Jan. (1/7 or 1/8) in Hawaii.
Anyone know why? I get a message saying 2 night minimum.

1-night stays have not been allowed for a while; couple of years, I think.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
This post is 3 years old. How did OP enjoy the concert? How was your one night stay? Never heard what happened?