• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Presentation at Seawatch

steve_solo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I generally avoid presentations when I am at the beach but I gave in at Seawatch because my daughter wanted "free" tickets to a Pirate show.
The parking pass person had me spin a wheel that magically landed on 10K rewards points which she said I would get in addition to the tickets.
Buyer beware! She didn't write anything down on the little ticket about the 10K points so the gifting person said she couldn't do it.
I could have run back over to checkin and complained but didn't feel like bothering.
Has anyone else had an issue not getting points promised in addition to the gift?
BTW - Seawatch is still a nice resort but looks like it needs some upgrades. Pool tiles were a little slick with mildew, hot tubs were always low in water and looked murky. The resort needs a pool czar like Daytona that grabs towels that are unattended after 90 minutes. People run down at 8 am and grab the best chairs and one of the few umbrellas. Most of the towels just sit all day with no one there since the kids never sit.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Were you at the Towers or the Villias?

steve_solo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Were you at the Towers or the Villias?
South Tower
Nice views and balconies, but you have to walk all the way around the large pool to get to the beach. Very difficult to navigate if you are taking a bunch of stuff to the beach.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
BTW - Seawatch is still a nice resort but looks like it needs some upgrades. Pool tiles were a little slick with mildew, hot tubs were always low in water and looked murky. The resort needs a pool czar like Daytona that grabs towels that are unattended after 90 minutes. People run down at 8 am and grab the best chairs and one of the few umbrellas. Most of the towels just sit all day with no one there since the kids never sit.

We stayed there at the end of July in 2003 and my husband refuses to go back. It had been very rainy the whole week before we were there and continued to rain a few times our first couple of days there. All the golf courses we passed were pretty much unusable with so much standing water and flooded areas. I don't know if they still have the pond between the pool area and the beach but because of all the rain the water from the pond was leaching down into the sand on the beach. The beach never dried out the entire week we were there and anything you set down on the sand got wet. However the beach to either side of the resort was dry so after we saw other people heading over to them we took our chairs and stuff over to one of the neighboring resort's beaches too. All the chairs and lounges in the pool areas were claimed before 8am. One day we moved a towel off of one lounge so I could use it for a couple of hours and when I went up for lunch no one had shown up yet to use any of the lounges in that whole group of about 10 lounges.

Younger kids and teens ran wild through the pool, lazy river and hot tubs. And I do mean literally ran. It wasn't unusual to see adults and other of all ages kids get bumped into and sometimes knocked down. My husband is great with kids and I teased him about being a kid magnet because we would be surrounded by kids no older than 14 and some as young as 6 as soon as we got in any of the hot tubs even as late as 10:30 at night. Even he got exasperated and started looking around for the parents. When he couldn't spot any he asked the kids where their parents were and there was never a time that any of them had a parent at least attempting to keep any of those kids in their site.

The worst was the kids and teens running through the lazy river and cannonballing and diving into it. My husband reached his limit after two younger teens dove into the lazy river, crashed into a woman and her not quite 2 year old, knocking the baby out of the mom's grip. She was walking beside the inner tube, keeping close to the edge to stay out of anyone's way, and holding on very securely to the child who was wearing a swim vest. If you are wondering why the mom would be in the lazy river with the child, they had just gotten there so she had no idea and it was calm when she first got in but it wasn't long before a swarm of kids and teens descended. He was close enough to help and the baby barely went under but the mom was so upset and shaken that she immediately got out. He went to the Wyndham manager and was told they couldn't do anything because most of the units weren't Wyndham's. He also talked to a security supervisor and got a what can we do response. He told both that if he witnessed or heard of any incidents that someone got hurt that he would give them his business card for their attorney to contact him to testify when they sued Wyndham, the resort, the security company and the employees working at the time of the incident. That because he was reporting the different unsafe incidents he'd witnessed to them they were aware and failed in their responsibilities.

What really irked both of us that when we checked in they made it a point to tell us we absolutely weren't permitted to hang any towels on our balcony railing yet the whole rest of the resort had towels hanging over the railings in most of the units.

Last edited:

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Sounds awful Jan!

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Westwinds tends not to have most of the problems described for Seawatch, except maybe for the weather issue.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Sounds awful Jan!

I would hope things have improved in the 15 years since we stayed there but from reading what Steve had to say about the resort it sounds like there is still plenty of room for improvement. Two years ago this Fall I sent someone to Seawatch who just needed a couple of nights to visit her son who went to college in the area. She and her mother liked the resort but they weren't there in the busy summer season. It seems to be the resorts that have mixed ownership, Wyndham and not Wyndham, that have maintenance and cleanliness issues during heavy usage periods.

If we were going back to Myrtle Beach and I couldn't get into Ocean Boulevard we would stay at Westwinds again.

steve_solo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would hope things have improved in the 15 years since we stayed there but from reading what Steve had to say about the resort it sounds like there is still plenty of room for improvement. Two years ago this Fall I sent someone to Seawatch who just needed a couple of nights to visit her son who went to college in the area. She and her mother liked the resort but they weren't there in the busy summer season. It seems to be the resorts that have mixed ownership, Wyndham and not Wyndham, that have maintenance and cleanliness issues during heavy usage periods.

If we were going back to Myrtle Beach and I couldn't get into Ocean Boulevard we would stay at Westwinds again.

I think we were fortunate not to have the water/flooding issues Jan described.
The entire beach was very narrow during high tide. Almost unusable unless you rented the $20/day chairs and umbrellas because they were right on the tide line. You could use the white sand behind the umbrellas but you had to walk 50 feet to a spot where the chain of umbrellas had a gap.
On the plus side, the rooms and balconies were much larger than OB. About the same size as Westwinds.
My grandkids would not like Westwinds since the outside part of their pool is about the size of a hot tub. My wife and I do prefer Westwinds when we are alone or with adults.
I picked up one small tidbit of information at the presentation - the salesman pulled out a page of a presentation that showed the percentage of ownership in Access, by month.
For August, it showed Seawatch is 90% access. He was trying to sell me on switching to access, implying I would never get in at busy times unless I was access.
Thanks to Tugs, I knew better. After I started quoting Tugs , he wrapped up quickly and gave me my gift.