• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Massanutten

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
I am considering purchasing at Massanutten. Any pointers on what I should buy that would give me a week during Thanksgiving every other year?

Bonus points for an option with easy access to an outdoor hot tub.

kwelty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club II
Samoset Rockport, ME
Harbor Ridge MDI ME
Tree Tops Gatlinburg
Have you looked at the rental market? Massanutten is one of the easiest timeshares to get a week as a RCI Last Call or points Instant Exchange. I use to own there, Mountainside Villas, and loved it but even though the Maintenance Fees were low, I could always get a last minute deal cheaper. Since it is Thanksgiving week, that would make it harder but I would check out renting before I bought.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own & enjoy our units at
The Summit @ Massanutten
In the Shenandoah Valley VA

The Summit® was built in townhouse style and offer scenic mountain views. Some units are very close to the ski slopes and Family Adventure Park.. The Summit® condos are four-bedroom units sleeping 12 which can be locked out to two two-bedroom units. Upper and Lower Floating Units

The Summit® Unit Maps
At Innsbruck | At Sunrise | At Grenoble Woodshttps://www.massresort.com/upload/photos/page_187_summit-innsbruck-map-2016.pdf
At Hillside | Peak Drive

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
We own & enjoy our units at
The Summit @ Massanutten
In the Shenandoah Valley VA

The Summit® was built in townhouse style and offer scenic mountain views. Some units are very close to the ski slopes and Family Adventure Park..

Thanks again for the detail info. I stayed in Innsbruck #196 this summer and the location was not to my liking. The trees pretty much blocked any views we would have had, and had to drive to any of the amenities.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
If you are an owner you can choose your unit based on availability when you book. Amenities are so spread out that if you happen to get close to one you will have to drive to all of the others. Most units have to drive to all the amenities.

BobDE

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Summit at Massanutten
I printed a map from the website of my available Summit units. I then rode around and made notes on which units would be best based on number of stairs, view, etc. I am 1 year ahead on maintenance fees, so if I am going there I have always been able to get the unit that I want.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I printed a map from the website of my available Summit units. I then rode around and made notes on which units would be best based on number of stairs, view, etc. I am 1 year ahead on maintenance fees, so if I am going there I have always been able to get the unit that I want.
I do the same thing.

carl2591

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
we are currently in massanutten, summit hillside units, for thanksgiving and there are LOTS of empty units from what I have seen.. Now there is no snow, or they are just now making snow on slopes and the tube area was started up today fri with half the lanes open. The warm weather and the power outage last week crimped them for this stuff.

I would not buy at massanutten as the TPU are low for the units. you can get rentals or last min deal for less.

unit 461-U has a great view of the gap and morning sunrise if the clouds are sleeping.:)

Have you looked at the rental market? Massanutten is one of the easiest timeshares to get a week as a RCI Last Call or points Instant Exchange. I use to own there, Mountainside Villas, and loved it but even though the Maintenance Fees were low, I could always get a last minute deal cheaper. Since it is Thanksgiving week, that would make it harder but I would check out renting before I bought.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks to all who have posted and sent me PM's offering advice. I have decided against moving forward with another timeshare as part of a 12 step program.

carl2591

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
good news.. with the proper guidance and help you can overcome this addiction.. PS welcome to the club. :)

Thanks to all who have posted and sent me PM's offering advice. I have decided against moving forward with another timeshare as part of a 12 step program.