• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Guideline Changes - Regarding Guest Certificates

MommaNance

Reaction score
Does anyone know if they have ever talked about letting you have more than 2 names on your account? This would help lessen the issue of needing a guest certificate for your children to use your points. Make it so you can add your children or your parents as users depending on who owns the account .......parent or child.

smmatrix

TUG Member
Reaction score
My spouse is on our account and we are checking into two rooms this coming Saturday. We'll both check into one room each and wait for our family members to arrive to provide them the keys.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Current rules limit it to two names on the account with two additional names as authorized to make/cancel/change reservations via the permission addendum. But unfortunately only the two members on the account can check into rooms.

Hopefully with some prodding the BoD will find a way to allow the authorized names to check-into reservations also without a GC. I see a pitfall there, but that seems like the best way to limit the adverse impact on families.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
That is the Club Wyndham system, this discussion is about Worldmark system.

Sorry about that. Deleted the comment to avoid confusion.

MommaNance

Reaction score
Current rules limit it to two names on the account with two additional names as authorized to make/cancel/change reservations via the permission addendum. But unfortunately only the two members on the account can check into rooms.

Hopefully with some prodding the BoD will find a way to allow the authorized names to check-into reservations also without a GC. I see a pitfall there, but that seems like the best way to limit the adverse impact on families.
Hopefully people will do some pushing for this. I see it as a reasonable way to try to keep the mega renters under control but not punish the families who believe in sharing this with their family. I see nothing wrong with making us pay a $99 fee to let non family members use it, I just don't think is is right to place extra charges on your immediate family using it.