• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare with year round benefits [day use]

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We have day use at Orange Lake and Holly Tree. Not sure about our other timeshares.
Silentg

Venter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Club Son Antem, Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve, Marriott Vacation Club @ Los Suenos, MVC points, Sheraton Lakeside Terrace, Sheraton Flex, Westin Flex, Aventuras
EBay has an active winter week auction here
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-BEDROOM-...h=item48b42670c6:g:s3cAAOSwy2pbvhvi:rk:2:pf:0

Summer you can pick up for about $1000 and mud season, free. However, the maintenance fee of $1093 (for a 2 bedroom) applies regardless of what season you purchase. EOY use and one bedroom would be less expensive and still get you day use privileges. However, the 2 bedroom is a lock off, so you can get two weeks usage out of your purchase, if you plan to use it for skiing.

But you are putting the cart before the horse. Try skiing/boarding first. Lots of ski hills offer great package deals for new learners. Timeshares will still be for sale after you know if you want winter weeks or summer weeks.

One of the best deals is Copper Mountain’s Ski & Ride University. For $249 never-evers get three full-day lessons, lift tickets, equipment rental and free parking in the Union Creek lot. They even spring for lunch on the second and third days. Graduates earn a free lift pass for the rest of the season and half-off next year’s pass. This incredibly good deal sells out extremely fast so check it out if you're interested.

Thank you. That is great advice.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Sometimes day use is more complicated than does the resort have it or not. There is resort at Virginia Beach (oceanfront on the boardwalk) that originally sold with year round parking spot for one plus year round use of indoor/outdoor pool and fitness center. Then they started selling with pool and fitness center only no parking, and then pool and fitness center September 15-May 15 only and then finally no day use at all. Resale still gets what the original purchaser got as part of their contract.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Not to my knowledge. Maybe some CO locals can chime in for other resort recommendations that have similar benefits.

Breckenridge Grand Vacations killed this resale offering due to its popularity. It's still available for developer only sales at Grand Colorado on Peak 8 and Grand Lodge on Peak 7 but these benefits do not transfer to resale buyers. The parking benefit is worth $20 per day and is actually closer (and heated underground) than the official Breckenridge parking lots.

http://blog.breckenridgegrandvacations.com/day-use-parking-benefits/

When we were at Grand Timer Lodge (another Breckenridge Grand Vacations resort) in January 2017 we met someone that had just bought a resale week with day use. He said that they hadn't been allowing it (day use on resale) but changed when they started promoting Peak 7 and Peak 8.

Obviously, not sure if that's still the case but he was there on day use when we talked.

Picker57

TUG Member
Reaction score
EBay has an active winter week auction here
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-BEDROOM-...h=item48b42670c6:g:s3cAAOSwy2pbvhvi:rk:2:pf:0

Summer you can pick up for about $1000 and mud season, free. However, the maintenance fee of $1093 (for a 2 bedroom) applies regardless of what season you purchase. EOY use and one bedroom would be less expensive and still get you day use privileges. However, the 2 bedroom is a lock off, so you can get two weeks usage out of your purchase, if you plan to use it for skiing.

But you are putting the cart before the horse. Try skiing/boarding first. Lots of ski hills offer great package deals for new learners. Timeshares will still be for sale after you know if you want winter weeks or summer weeks.

One of the best deals is Copper Mountain’s Ski & Ride University. For $249 never-evers get three full-day lessons, lift tickets, equipment rental and free parking in the Union Creek lot. They even spring for lunch on the second and third days. Graduates earn a free lift pass for the rest of the season and half-off next year’s pass. This incredibly good deal sells out extremely fast so check it out if you're interested.

Wow, that almost makes me want to go back to skiing! I skied at Copper for a lot of years before body parts went into mutiny mode. That is a terrific deal for someone venturing into skiing. In addition, Copper is the easiest drive from Denver, being just barely off I-70.

------------Zach

Vacationsarefun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unless something has changed recently, Winners Circle in Solana Beach, CA, offers day use. You can park (but only while at the resort so it is not possible to use the parking to visit the nearby fairgrounds), use the pool, and other facilities. We live overseas so have never used this but it is a nice benefit.

madera

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own at San Luis Bay Inn in Avila Beach,CA and we have day use privileges to use their pools, gym, etc. We can also call within 21 days of when we would like to stay additional nights throughout the year and if there is availability we pay less than $100 per night.

amluckau

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Maui Ocean Club fixed week/unit, Marriott Pts, Welk Pts, Diamond Resorts Pts
Welk Resorts San Diego has free day use including parking, 5 rec centers, myriad pools, BBQs, etc.

djpotts50

Reaction score
Full-time RV & Timeshares ( no fixed location)
Resorts Owned
WorldMark, Vacation Internationale, Thousand Trails
I own Thousand Trails (TT) campground timeshare membership as well as WorldMark and Vacation Internationale points/credit timeshare membership. My TT campground timesharing program gives me access to all day use amenities privileges at 107 locations. The TT membership has cabins, yurts, permanent campers as well as both RV & tent camping. I can camp for free in an RV or tent for 365 days a year for an annual maintenance fee of $625.00. I go back and forth living about 6 months per year in the campgrounds & the other 6 months in timeshares. When I am unable to park my motorcoach on the timeshare parking lot due to limited parking, I can park it for about $1 per day at one of the closest campgrounds. I am not sure how many other timeshare owners on here are also RV owners, but this arrangement works very good for me as someone that has been timesharing full-time for over 8 years now.

sdhakala7

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have day use at Orange Lake and Holly Tree. Not sure about our other timeshares.
Silentg
The entire original Silverleaf timeshare system has certain day use as well as bonus time privileges called Endless Vacations attached to the older deeds like mine. Friends of our that were retired (now passed away and could travel on weekdays and in the off-seasons got a ton of use out of them. I understand that the old Endless bonus time privileges\ were discontinued or limited at some point for newer deeds sold in say the last ten years or at least severely limited in rights after Silverleaf was sold to one of the private equity buyers. Day use is still a privilege. The ability to use bonus time is spotty and often priority is given first to requests by those that have not used bonus time in the past year or few years and home resorts. We did get to use bonus time from time-to-time in off-week periods and even occasionally on a weekend when our children were still traveling with us, but we mostly used at as a couple for a weekend trip somewhere in Texas (where Silverleaf had and now Holiday has number of resorts) in an off-season (no outdoor pool or lake activities).

Silverleaf once even had small campground for parking our RV and we owned a Coleman pop-up that we would take to stay at the resorts and use the amenities just to get the kids out of the house and somewhere outdoors (Tyler, Texas area has three Silverleaf resorts and a number of state parks and some friends.). The campgrounds were almost never full and generally available in the 1990s and early 2000s but I have not checked to see if any of the resorts still have them. The campgrounds that I have used in the past as resorts I have visited in the past ten years appeared to be overgrown and no longer maintained (no hook-ups anymore either)

Even calls to invite us to periodic "owners' updates" for a night or a few days are a nice benefit as long as I can extract myself in reasonable time from the "presentation". We do enjoy the ride to see the newer and fancier Presidential and Platinum units and amenities at the resorts and try to make clear we've been through these for almost 20 years now and never bought from the developer or exchanged our relatively inexpensively purchased resale unit for an upgraded unit or membership. Usually, the person we meet figures out pretty quickly we are not likely to buy and know the resale market and market and is anxious to go through the basic tour and information, cuts to the best offer that can be made, and then is willing to usher us out of the sales room politely after the manager gets a crack at us.

DeeCee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can anyone elaborate on what day use at Marriott Surfwatch specifically allows?

TIA!
Dee

jd2601

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Can anyone elaborate on what day use at Marriott Surfwatch specifically allows?

TIA!
Dee

Surfwatch allows Day use and I believe may limit certain days. We have never been denied at any Hilton Head location. We have used Surfwatch, Barony, and Grande Ocean day use. It makes for an outing to visit other sites while on vacation in Hilton Head Island.

We have used pools, movie theater, fishing in the pond, and Sea Salts while visiting Surfwatch. Each Marriott of these three Marriotts have something unique that we like to visit while on vacation on Hilton Head.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Bluegreen Vacation Club allows day use at many of it's "club" resorts but not associate resorts. It's usually a one day ahead call in and only if there is room.

Tropic Shores Resort in Daytona Beach Shores allows day use up to the number of people your unit holds when there is room.

deemarket

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our week at Sheraton Desert Oasis (SDO) - a Vistana Resort in Scottsdale, AZ - has day use. At the annual meeting this year they said that this is the only resort in Vistana that has day use for owners.

Cibola Vista resort in Peoria, AZ (Bluegreen) has day use for our week contract.

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
I use the facilities at The Steamboat Grand (1/4 share ownership) during the Steamboat ski season. Fitness, pool, ski storage and locker and probably the best, underground parking at the mountain.

Cheers

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Shawnee Resorts near Stroudsburg, Pa .... must own a deeded week there ... not just be a Wyndham points owners.

And that is WHY I own a fixed week there nearby the cabin pictured as my avatar. Indoor pools, outdoor pools, workout center and ALL resort activities ... particularly the indoor evening activities ... like movies and popcorn or bingo. Just checkin at the resort's front desk and get your code coded wrist band for that week.

Yes, I can 'win' resort stuff as I am a resort guest with the wristband. Just can't charge things to my 'cabin'.

jmiller1218

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own Wyndham Glacier Canyon where we got an amenities pass which gets us 8 wrist bands a day anytime we want to go. It was part of the reason we bought as our adult children can go use the water park any time.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Sunrise Bay Resort and Club on Marco Island, Fl has day use.

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
Day use benefit at Wyndham glacier canyon at Wisconsin dell only apply to develop purchase. I am a resale owner and I don’t get this benefit. My friend who bought a small contract eoy does get this benefit

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
Hyatt Siesta Key allows day use including fitness center, lounges and umbrellas by the beach,pool use , covered parking etc. Not sure about use of kayaks, paddleboards etc

DeeCee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Surfwatch allows Day use and I believe may limit certain days. We have never been denied at any Hilton Head location. We have used Surfwatch, Barony, and Grande Ocean day use. It makes for an outing to visit other sites while on vacation in Hilton Head Island.

We have used pools, movie theater, fishing in the pond, and Sea Salts while visiting Surfwatch. Each Marriott of these three Marriotts have something unique that we like to visit while on vacation on Hilton Head.

Thank you very much. Good to know.

RLS50

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sometimes day use is more complicated than does the resort have it or not. There is resort at Virginia Beach (oceanfront on the boardwalk) that originally sold with year round parking spot for one plus year round use of indoor/outdoor pool and fitness center. Then they started selling with pool and fitness center only no parking, and then pool and fitness center September 15-May 15 only and then finally no day use at all. Resale still gets what the original purchaser got as part of their contract.
Just curious, what VB resort was that?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Just curious, what VB resort was that?
That's Barclay Towers on 8th Street. They are all one bedroom ocean front units and the weird set up is you come in through the bedroom then a hall with bathroom and then an open kitchen/dining area/living room.

RLS50

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's Barclay Towers on 8th Street. They are all one bedroom ocean front units and the weird set up is you come in through the bedroom then a hall with bathroom and then an open kitchen/dining area/living room.
Thanks. Interesting, I did not realize Barclay had offered that in legacy contracts. I've toured one of their units, so I remember the odd layout. Although Barclay seems to do a pretty incredible job managing their budgets each year and keeping costs down. I think it might be the least expensive timeshare to own in VB?