• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hilton Head--Spinnaker Resorts- Waterside,Southwind,Cottages,Egret P.

jeffwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluewater, Southwind, Cottages, Coral Sands, Players Club, Branson, Grandview, Silver Lake, and about 950K RCI points.
It's the time of the year to give away timeshares on Hilton Head. All Spinnaker Resort private transfers of ownership require a transfer fee of $1500. to be paid by the new owner. All of the funds go into an escrow account as prepaid maintenance fees. Closings will be done by LT Transfers for under $200. Spinnaker also charges $ 125. as an administration fee.

The purpose of this post is to show the weeks I am giving away. Maintenance fees vary slightly but are still very low compared to other developers. One bedrooms are around $600, two bedrooms around $750 and 3 bedrooms at $850. I'm putting a lot on this thread so it should be busy. If your serious about a week, start a conversation with me for exact particulars.

Why is this the good time of year ? LT transfers is the best-- thus making them busy. If you decide in Sept, it will give them time, 3 to 4 months, for the complete transfer from the resort. MF's then come out of your escrow for 2019 payment. In effect, your only prepaying 2020 MF's.

Buyers will pay closing cost, transfer fee, and prepaid MF. Total out of pocket-- $1800. Now the "FREE" stuff----

WATERSIDE:
week 9-odd 2b/2b March 2/9 early golfers.
week 11 1b/1b March 16/23 St. Patrick week
week 12-odd 2b/2b SFO -floats gold weeks- stay at choice- Waterside, Southwind, Egret Pt.
week 15-odd 2b/2b SFO------ same as above
week 16 3b/3b April 20/27 Weekend final of PGA RBC Heritage Classic
week 51-odd 2b/2b Dec21/28 Christmas week

SOUTHWIND:
week 18 2b/2b May 4/11 Great golf & tennis
week 23 2b/2b Jun 8/15 Summer week
week 39 3b/3b Sept 28/Oct 5 Prime golf & tennis
week 40 3b/3b Oct 5/12 Same unit-back to back weeks
week 44 3b/3b Nov 2/9 Huge 1 level corner condo

COTTAGES:
week 15 2b/2b April 13/20 PGA Heritage qualifying week
week 18 3b/3b May 4/11 Great golf & tennis
week 45 3b/3b Nov 9/16 Fall golf & tennis

EGRET POINT:
week 16 3b/3b April 20/27 Weekend final of PGA Heritage Classic

That's enough for now. My store was sold and I'm back to full timing. Mostly in Florida for the time being. Last week at Bonnet Creek and this week at Orange Lake. Next week at Port O' Call in HH. Love timesharing but I currently own 46. Need to cut in half---- HELP !

jeffwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluewater, Southwind, Cottages, Coral Sands, Players Club, Branson, Grandview, Silver Lake, and about 950K RCI points.
OK-- it's obvious that here on TUG bargain deals---- veterans, as most all of us are, will only respond to really BARGAIN deals.
Soooo-- for the month of September, I will pay the closing cost and the $125. administration fee. You will only be responsible for the $1500. transfer fee---- which remains YOUR money for approximately 2 years of maintenance fees.

baf99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort
Blue Whale
What are gold weeks at Spinnaker resorts Hilton Head? I'm asking mainly about the two Waterside float weeks. Are the others fixed week?

jeffwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sorry for the delay. All others are fixed weeks. The two SFO floating weeks are "red" or "gold" weeks. Generally weeks 8 to 23 and 33 to 47. That's early March to 1st week of June--- and 3rd week of August to middle of November. Varies slightly with different resorts.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
In case it matters to anyone, I believe the fixed weeks exchange through RCI and the float weeks exchange through II.

Luckytimer

Reaction score
Jeff: re: week 44 3b/3b Nov 2/9 Huge 1 level corner condo

Are there any stairs to this unit? Would you consider it handicap/wheelchair accessible? Do you have any pics? Can't find anything that shows this type of unit. Thanks.

jeffwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
As I recall, there are 3 to 4 steps up to the front door landing. Everything else one level. I'm in HH now, I'll swing by and be precise.

jeffwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Weeks 12-odd and 15-odd at WATERSIDE are no longer available.

baf99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort
Blue Whale
I'm tempted by the back to back weeks (39 and 40) but it would be just for me and a 3 BR would be overkill. I may change my mind, but for now I'm going to pass. On the other hand, my one owned timeshare is a 1 BR with similar fees to the 3 BR but it also gets about 5 more TPU. Ah, decisions...

jeffwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Barbara--- the ideal situation would be to have a friend buy one of the two and you share the two weeks together. Just a thought.

jeffwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Luckytimer---- there are 5 steps to the front door landing.

jeffwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Head doing fine after hurricane. Rain over weekend and forecast for today--- only an inch. The momentum will pick up rapidly as restaurant staff and suppliers return from mandatory evacuation and renters are allowed on the island.

jeffwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
13 free weeks left on THE island. Decide now for FREE closing.

cyntravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi I would like to say that I was very fortunate to receive a free unit from Jeff in the past and he was wonderful to work with. If anyone would like a reference.
Cyn

jeffwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A commitment has been made on Southwind weeks 39 & 40 and Cottages week 45. Plenty of great weeks left.

Eddie1950

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Waterside by Spinnaker in Hilton Head
I'm new to Tug. I own a Waterside 2BR floating and have July 4th week on hold for 2019. I'm looking for advice on renting. Thanks

jeffwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hello Eddie-- welcome to TUG. Since you have a summer week for 2019 booked, make sure you get the 2019 MF's paid or you will lose the reservation. You have 30 days from your original booking date to do so.

You could rent this key date here on TUG for $700. in a heart beat. To cover your MF's, list it on Craigslist for $795. If you try to make profit over that, you run the risk of not renting it. Regardless of what you may surmise from the rental pro's here on TUG, it is very hard to make $$$ renting timeshares.

jeffwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
3b/3b Cottages week 45 and Southwind 3b/3b weeks 39 & 40 are back in play and available.

jeffwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Southwind week 23 under contract.

jeffwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Time window on closing before 2019 MF's are due is probably closed. Try the rent and buy choice on any of my listings.

jeffwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It's RENTAL TIME for all these Spinnaker listings. Rent it, and if you love it, you get to keep it FOR FREE.

jeffwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you see anything in this inventory that you like, just contact me. They are all FREE. Details can be worked out.

jeffwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Everything listed, except Southwind week 23, is still available.