• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Newbie bought 238k resale, please help with ?'s

bobinmich

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
wyndham
Hello group. My name is Bob. I bought a resale on ebay (of course, right...) 238k for 596. with no closing costs and 1108 annual MF. Kingsgate Williamsburg.

Can you verify if this is good for any location for usage or am I committed to vacation at Kingsgate?

How does housekeeping credits/points work?

How much are reservation costs? Do I get some free annually?

The ebay auction was number 202517353675 in case you would like to see it.

Thanks so much for your help!

Last edited:

schoolmarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, Bali Hai, and National Harbor; Summit at Massanutten
At 10 months, points are points and you can use them at any Wyndham Resort except Margaritaville and probably the Outriggers. You get one free reservation for every 77K points you own, so you would get 3 reservations per year. If you use more, they are $19 each. You get them in January no matter what your use year is. You will get 238 housekeeping credit per year and these align with your use year. You pay a set amount depending on unit size for 1-7 days...you pay 28 HK credits for a hotel/studio and 63 for a one-bedroom. I can't remember the larger sizes as I rarely use them. There is a chart in the owner's directory. If you run out of HK credits, they are $2.25 per credit.

Welcome to Wyndham!

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
The issue of points are points has been discussed in many threads. Some Wyndham Club Plus programs have different rules on use of re-sale points and the number of points needed to make reservations. Wyndham Kingsgate is a nice resort.

When you get access to the Website, it, if working properly, will let you book at the Wyndham related resorts that your re-sale points would work at.

Do not expect to have much access to non Club Wyndham Plus resorts.

Last edited:

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
I was watching that contract. You got a really good deal.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Hello group. My name is Bob. I bought a resale on ebay (of course, right...) 238k for 596. with no closing costs and 1108 annual MF. Kingsgate Williamsburg.

Can you verify if this is good for any location for usage or am I committed to vacation at Kingsgate?

How does housekeeping credits/points work?

How much are reservation costs? Do I get some free annually?

The ebay auction was number 202517353675 in case you would like to see it.

Thanks so much for your help!

I have Kingsgate points. I have stayed at National Harbor, Margaritaville Puerto Rico, Bonnet Creek, Emerald Grand, Sea Gardens, Palm Aire and others. Best of luck and enjoy your purchase.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Here is a link to the directory. At minimum start with page 246 and read until 253, or further. You do not get VIP with resale so you can skip that part for now. You also don’t get club pass and plus partners unless you have a retail purchase, so you can skip those parts too. You can also skip the part about Wyndham rewards conversion as resale points cannot be converted to Wyndham rewards.

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/wyndham/plus_membersdirectory1819/

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Hello Bob and welcome! Congratulations, you made a great purchase both on what you bought and the price you paid. From what you posted about your Kingsgate maintenance fees they are $4.66 per thousand points, so under $5 per thousand points which is very good. Just to give you some idea of how good take a look at the stickies at the top of the page under the Wyndham forum and look at the maintenance fees for some of the different resorts. Look at the 2018 maintenance fee sticky as not many people have posted their resorts for 2019 yet. Bonnet Creek is $5.87 per thousand points and Club Wyndham Access is $5.76 per thousand points, and those figures don't include the program fee either. Add another .56 per thousand points for the program fees. Be aware that the maintenance fees and program fees will be going up in 2019 for all the resorts but you are still way better off with where you will own than you would be at so many other resorts. The program fee brings me to another thing that you did right with this purchase. You bought over 231,000 points so will be paying .58 per thousand points instead of the minimum program fee of $135 if you had bought something with fewer points. These are the new figures for 2019 for the program fee. Another thing you did right is that you started with a decent number of points. Once you and your family get spoiled by staying at the timeshare resorts you might be buying more points but you started out with a decent amount. Many newbies go for the 77k or 154k points deeds, many with high maintenance fees, because they were free or so cheap they were almost free. Too often you get what you pay for, but you didn't even pay that much so, win, win, win!

If you tell us where you are from we can recommend our favorite resorts that might be within say 8 hours driving distance. Or tell us what area you would like to vacation in first or in the next year or two. Like Dr. Seuss says, Oh the places you'll go!

Last edited:

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
Congrats on getting a 238,000 point, converted-fixed week from Kingsgate; they're the lowest per-point MFs of all the converted fixed weeks at that location.

If you look at your deed it will give you the specific week and 3-bedroom lockoff unit that you will have APR for.

Last edited: