• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Resort Unit Map for Marriott Aruba Surf

keninatl3076

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday Inn Club Vacations
Club Wyndham Access
I just won a bid on eBay for a 2BR at Marriott Aruba Surf. Was wondering if anyone has seen a resort map that includes the unit numbers. I am just curious about where "my" actual unit will be. I understand that most reservations are best available in owned view but am curious as to my "deeded" unit.
Thanks,
Ken

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
I just won a bid on eBay for a 2BR at Marriott Aruba Surf. Was wondering if anyone has seen a resort map that includes the unit numbers. I am just curious about where "my" actual unit will be. I understand that most reservations are best available in owned view but am curious as to my "deeded" unit.
Thanks,
Ken

I don’t think what your deed says matters as far as unit number because that is only for deeding purposes. Either way I don’t have a map with numbers but this one shows view types. Congrats on buying at Surf! I own there too and love it.

570ed4f1054b3c6a8ea742e154e1f2dc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keninatl3076

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Thanks... I have seen that map before. I was just curious as to where "my" unit would be although I have heard that you book based on view. I have an oceanside view which should be in the Lighthouse building. Glad to hear that you love it. I have never been to Aruba but I am sure that I will love it too. I am really glad to finally win a bid for this resort on eBay. Now just have to wait for months for the sale to go through and transfer.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
The deeded unit number does indeed give you the VIEW category you purchased,
so you'll have access to all the units within that view category.
Confirm that the unit number purchased falls within that oceanside section.

Call the resort or Owner Services and they can give you that information.

If your deeded unit number is an oceanfront unit, you've bought oceanfront,
if oceanside then you own oceanside, same for oceanview & gardenview, etc....
whatever the categories happen to be there.

Last edited:

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
Thanks... I have seen that map before. I was just curious as to where "my" unit would be although I have heard that you book based on view. I have an oceanside view which should be in the Lighthouse building. Glad to hear that you love it. I have never been to Aruba but I am sure that I will love it too. I am really glad to finally win a bid for this resort on eBay. Now just have to wait for months for the sale to go through and transfer.

Yes Oceanside is Lighthouse. It’s a great location for easy access to pool/beach. Just as an FYI, my unit took 3 months to close last year, including 2weeks where the seller was away and so couldn’t sign some paperwork. Did the seller make a reservation already for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keninatl3076

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
No they did not make a reservation for me. I expect it to take 3 or 4 months before I will be able to make any reservations. Hopefully there will be something available then.

jdg0928

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Surf Club Aruba
If you have a particular range of time in mind, ask the seller to tell you what check-in days are available. (Better yet, ask them for a screenshot of the calendar.) When we bought our unit last year -- also at the Surf Club -- the seller was able to book for us. If they hadn't, we would have missed out on the week we wanted.

Also, as others said, the deed will list a specific number, but it's completely irrelevant. That said, the general numbering logic at SC is the first number is the building (Lighthouse is 6), the second number is the floor, and the last two are the unit. For floors 11, 12 and 14, the first two numbers are reversed. For example, in Spyglass, room 8702 is in building 8 -- yea, it's weird because Spyglass is numbered as two buildings even though it's one structure -- floor 7, unit 02, while room 4802 is in building 8, floor 14, unit 02.

keninatl3076

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
I don't have any real week in mind so i am sure I will be okay even if the seller does not book anything for me. Do you know if Marriott has any options to "bank" a week if you will not use it one year and then use it the following year. I have never seen anything about that but this is my first ownership with Marriott. I am hoping to go to Hawaii next year so might be difficult to get to Aruba also but I do want too. Maybe the closing will not take too long but I know that sometimes they do not get in much of a hurry.

jdg0928

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Surf Club Aruba
If you're flexible -- Thursday or Monday check-ins, especially -- then you'll probably be fine. Friends used my lockoff this year, and they didn't book until May. They still had quite a few choices among Gold weeks.

I'm not aware of the ability to bank weeks, but I haven't looked into it. I've not seen anyone mention that concept when discussing MVC, but I could be wrong.

My understanding is that SC has a pretty high trade value in II, but I haven't looked into that either. You might be better off renting your unit, especially if you can get a good week. (If you're Gold, just about anything in July or August will rent easily.) If you combine the income from renting with a good deal in Hawaii -- again, I presume some flexibility -- you might be able to do pretty well. Good luck!

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
I don't have any real week in mind so i am sure I will be okay even if the seller does not book anything for me. Do you know if Marriott has any options to "bank" a week if you will not use it one year and then use it the following year. I have never seen anything about that but this is my first ownership with Marriott. I am hoping to go to Hawaii next year so might be difficult to get to Aruba also but I do want too. Maybe the closing will not take too long but I know that sometimes they do not get in much of a hurry.

There's a lot to learn, and you're in the right place.
Look at the list of "FORUMS" and you'll find various topics you'll need to know about, and within each forum, at the top of the page,
there are "Stickies" in the pink colored area which contain valuable basic "Timeshare 101" information.
They are great reference posts.

Marriott does not allow or provide for banking of weeks. You have one week to use per year, and that's that.
You CAN deposit it for trade with Interval International exchange company and have 2 years to find and use a trade week,
but that's about it.

Last edited:

keninatl3076

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Thanks for all the information. Good to know that you have 2 years to use something once deposited into II. I do not have an II account yet but have heard that it is much better than RCI which I have but have never used. One of my reasons for buying Marriott was to get into II so that is great to know if I can't use my week this year, I have 2 more years to use it in II.

Reactions: jme

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Is your purchase a Platinum or Gold week? If Platinum, it is possible by the time you close all the weeks in your season may be booked. If Plat. I'd have the seller reserve a week after mid March so you're sure to have closed by then and, if you intend to deposit the 2019 week in II, you want to be able to do it more than 60 days out so you're not limited to Flexchange.

keninatl3076

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
It is Gold so have until early December