• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Adding Legacy Wyndham Fixed Week to RCI?

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
I am a legacy owner at Wyndham Avenue Plaza in New Orleans. Fixed week, fixed unit. I got it here on TUG for free a couple years ago. We love it and plan to use it most years, including 2019. However, we might want to exchange it in the future.

When I asked RCI about adding my Avenue Plaza week to my account they said I have to talk to Wyndham about that. Has anyone done this? Can anyone help me by telling me exactly which number to call and how to ask about this?

I feel like when I start calling Wyndham about these types of things it can take hours to find the right phone number and person to do what I want. None of the 'normal' Wyndham people understand anything about legacy ownerships. I need help!

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I don't think you can do that. But you should move this thread to the Wyndham forum to get better answers.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I was going to say I thought I’d seen people mention doing it in the Wyndham forum (though not specifically Avenue Plaza). I would call Avenue Plaza, not main Wyndham.

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
Wyndham couldn't do it
The staff at the resort couldn't do it
So I decided to try again with RCI and this time I got a totally different response. They added it right away and there was no problem at all.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Wyndham couldn't do it
The staff at the resort couldn't do it
So I decided to try again with RCI and this time I got a totally different response. They added it right away and there was no problem at all.
I have found if you call RCI and don’t like answer call back again in couple hours and you may find the answer and help you wanted the first place. It seems like they have some very unknowledgeable peeps or just lazy.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a legacy owner at Wyndham Avenue Plaza in New Orleans. Fixed week, fixed unit. I got it here on TUG for free a couple years ago. We love it and plan to use it most years, including 2019. However, we might want to exchange it in the future.

When I asked RCI about adding my Avenue Plaza week to my account they said I have to talk to Wyndham about that. Has anyone done this? Can anyone help me by telling me exactly which number to call and how to ask about this?

I feel like when I start calling Wyndham about these types of things it can take hours to find the right phone number and person to do what I want. None of the 'normal' Wyndham people understand anything about legacy ownerships. I need help!
Call the same folks you call to make your reservations... They will make a reservation and then deposit it......

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
These are miserable jobs that don't pay particularly well. It's hard to attract and keep good people in such circumstances.

That would explain why it took six calls to deposit one week, and they still did it wrong, but I made it work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
There was a time when I owned 14 avenue plaza weeks

I found the folks at the callcenter most knowledgeable and helpful

I just called and talked to the gal that was assigned to my account. The average tenure in that dept is over 4 years, she has been there over 6

These folks know what they are doing

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Call Center at RCI? Hmm. I must not be able to explain myself, because I've found them to be..."okay" I guess. Things often take more than one call.

No not RCI
It’s the Wyndham call center for legacy weeks, like avenue plaza. (800) 225-3522

To the op;

If for some reason the person you get dosent understand what you are trying to do, tell them I said to ask for Kate

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
I have legacy weeks at Wyndham Riverside Suites and was able to add them to RCI.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have legacy weeks at Wyndham Riverside Suites and was able to add them to RCI.
Riverside Suites is different from Avenue Plaza Riverside suites is a fixed week resort. so you should be able to deposit your week, directly to RCI Everything at Avenue Plaza floats, so you need to make the reservation, you are going to deposit, first. Reservations are made with the help of the "special" call center, at the number I posted above. They will make the reservation and make the deposit when you call