• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2017] Help!! Just bought a Wyndham timeshare on Thursday!

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Thank u !! I think we did . My husband is on the way to the post office with the letter right now. I'm so glad we found this site before it was too late . I can't thank u all enough. We really want a timeshare so we're going to buy a resale one. On here or eBay. I'm a little nervous that they r going to try and keep my money since we paid in full.

Since you paid by credit card, if it were me I would call the credit card company and dispute the charge, explaining that you already sent a rescission letter. I wouldn't wait for Wyndham to act on the letter.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
You did good by rescinding. I too drank the koolaid almost 10 years ago. I did not know about this site. There are only a couple reasons why you would want developer points. First, is VIP. It's debatable whether the perks are worth it. To the occasional vacationer, I'd say thy were not. If you have large family gathers where you would need multiple rooms, or you want unlimited house keeping credits, additional guest certs, or some of the other perks, it might be worth it to you. The cost of VIP is not worth those perks since I would rarely use them. Supposedly they are eventually going to take away the cancel rebook game that people use to get reservations super cheap point wise. Again, not really worth the extra 70k (or more) and the additional monthly maintenance fees. Second, if you want to go to ClubPass locations (Worldmark resorts). If you want to do that, you would be better off buying a WorldMark contract on eBay. I think eBay is the best bet for the majority of vacationers. If you vacation a one or two times a year and don't need multiple rooms eBay will get you the most bang for your buck. Good job on doing your research so soon after the sale. Not many people think to do that.

BigRedNole

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think you did the right thing. I went to one once fully aware I was not buying but to get the free week. Holy moly are they slimy people. I went fully prepared with my purchase agreements, receipts, and everything else. The guy asked how many were there just for the free week. Everyone raised there hand. He then asked how many are buying. No one raised there hand. Went into his spiel and I feel sorry for the uneducated that were there. There were 6 parties. We were the ONLY ones that didn't get suckered in. The ones that did have no way to finance the purchase and no way to afford the MFs. Only one of the groups were at our resort (there were 3 Wyndham's in the area). While having a cocktail at the bar, the one guy came up to me to talk about it. He told me his family bought in. They conned him into 500,000 points for some odd $75,000. I spit up some of my drink and we started talking. He asked why I didn't buy. I told him I rented a 2BR unit for just over $400 for the week. His family paid 2x that for 3 night (Fri - Mon trip).

To make a long story short, they went back the next morning to rescind. First, he couldn't understand how it was about $600/month for the loan and another about $200/month in maintenance fees. He insisted that the 500,000 points were free. I told him he'd be wise to contact a local attorney to make sure he got out of it properly.

youngmomo

Reaction score
HELP! Can someone confirm the address to which to send my rescission letter? My Wyndham contract says I have 7 days to rescind, but gives no information on how to do so. It is now the LAST Day of my rescission period, so I am panicking a little. I have the letter mostly written and I am ready to run to the post office to send certified mail, return receipt requested. But I need an address (and any other requirements detailed)!! I see a Las Vegas address within this thread, but my contract says that Wyndham Vacation Resorts is in Orlando (6277 Sea Harbor Drive). I'll send to both addresses if I don't see an answer here quickly. Thank you!!

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Send to both! Send certified mail now! Needs to be postmarked today. If it's to late for USPS then send UPS or FedEx.

youngmomo

Reaction score
Send to both! Send certified mail now! Needs to be postmarked today. If it's to late for USPS then send UPS or FedEx.
I got the letter postmarked today - by the skin of my teeth! Had to drive 80 mpg to get to the post office before it closed at 1 pm!! Fingers crossed it goes smoothly from here :thumbup:

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
You just saved yourself a lot of money. Congratulations!

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resale is definitely a great way to go, but even doing resale, please do your research first. Find out what you want before you buy. There are also poor resale purchases. Learn a lot here and ask a lot of questions and you will do fine.

Louise Danny

Reaction score
Wyndham/ RCI is very sneaky. We went to a presentation on Sunday and were adamant that we had a dog- not a service dog- and they kept saying that all I needed to do was get a vest off the internet- something that we know we would never do BUT they are so very pushy. When we visited a property, the man stopped another person and asked him if he had a dog. The man did, so our representative stressed that he should have brought his dog. Pushy! We drove home and decided that night to rescind. We wrote the letter and drove back to the place as we had no idea where to mail it. The man of course tried to sell us again until we were adamant. Then, he refused to provide the address. He just sat there while we searched the phone for "page 9" of a very small print on a very small cell phone with poor reception. Then he said, "there is a post office across the street" and walked away. He didn't even take the Amazon fire tablet they gave us. We didn't know what to do with it, so we have it and we're afraid to turn it on! Anyway, we had the letter tracked and it arrived the Friday after we signed contract on Sunday. We live in PA and were in SC. ughhhh!!! Praying it goes through and we had the right address!

youngmomo

Reaction score
I had a similar experience with them not giving me the rescission address, but I finally got the address, which is:
Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Inc.
PO Box 94443
Las Vegas, Nevada 89193
Attention: Account Servicing Operations - Rescission Department​

(Send certified mail!) Good luck!!

Louise Danny

Reaction score
Thanks. We sent it to the las Vegas address and it arrived on Friday (presentation was Sunday). We should be ok.....
How long does this take to make sure we are good to go?

I'm still really upset that they tried to make sure we took our dog. He is a great dog, but he isn't a service dog and I'm not going to insult service dogs by saying he is one!

youngmomo

Reaction score
I sent mine on Jan 12 and was emailed a rescission confirmation letter from Wyndham on Jan 17.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Thanks. We sent it to the las Vegas address and it arrived on Friday (presentation was Sunday). We should be ok.....
How long does this take to make sure we are good to go?

I'm still really upset that they tried to make sure we took our dog. He is a great dog, but he isn't a service dog and I'm not going to insult service dogs by saying he is one!

Good for you for respecting the rights that are legally only for ADA trained service dogs. There have been so many complaints by owners and guests, some of whom have dogs they don't bring with them, that I would not be surprised if Wyndham doesn't adopt a stronger no pet policy.

People should be aware that it is illegal to falsify that a dog is an ADA trained service dog. But it's not like anyone actually believes someone's little poodle, yorkie, etc. is a service dog because their owner bought them a fake jacket online. Emotional support or comfort pets do not qualify as service dogs.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

What email address did you use? I have never seen them include an email address in the contract. If you didn’t follow the instructions written in the contract you signed, they are under no obligation to allow you to rescind. Hopefully the person you emailed was in the rescission department and not a sales person pretending to be the rescission department.

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm hoping ours is just as fast! Did you receive your letter via email or usps?
They are under no legal obligation to inform you of the progress of completion of your rescission. Only to process it. If you ARE notified, say a couple of Our Fathers. Many people just find a refund in their credit card statement.

Welcome to TUG. Glad we could help.

Jim