• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

VIP through Wyndham corporate

Whoozr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (Bonnet Creek, Kingsgate, Ocean Blvd), Twin Rivers
If you purchase a new contract and add PIC weeks to achieve VIP Gold level, how long does it normally take for your Wyndham account to be updated? The PIC weeks were verified with RCI, the enrollment forms were signed off by everyone but the information isn't showing up in my account days later. The new account points, new reservation transactions added but no mention of PIC weeks or VIP Gold status.

Quality control says it can take three weeks, which is past the recession cutoff. I did a similar purchase at a resort a few months ago and it only took a day for my account to be updated. For others who have reached VIP level through corporate purchases, what has been your experience with getting everything correct with your account?

My letter to rescind is already typed and ready to be mailed but I really just want Wyndham to make it right.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
I have not done it through Corporate purchases, but when I purchased (w/ PIC's) at the Sales Center in Hawaii, my account was not fully updated until after the recession period had ended. My purchase contract and bonus points hit my account with 5-6 days (upgrading me to Silver), but the PIC's did not come into my account until about two weeks after I purchased.

Whoozr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm nervous because I don't see anything on the contract mentioning VIP Gold even though the PIC contracts have been deposited and verified by RCI.

Whoozr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm nervous because I don't see anything on the contract mentioning VIP Gold even though the PIC contracts have been deposited and verified by RCI.
All good, I got a contract addendum which spells out the VIP levels

schoolmarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, Bali Hai, and National Harbor; Summit at Massanutten
Whoosr and others....when did you do this? I was just at an update where the sales associates said that the PIC program was retired on December 31. Of course they tried to get me to buy with a special offer that they were trying to get through.

I was planning on doing this through telesales later this year after I purchased my second timeshare to PIC. I have a lockoff right now, but I want to use it as a 3-BR + instead of two smaller units.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Whoosr and others....when did you do this? I was just at an update where the sales associates said that the PIC program was retired on December 31. Of course they tried to get me to buy with a special offer that they were trying to get through.

I was planning on doing this through telesales later this year after I purchased my second timeshare to PIC. I have a lockoff right now, but I want to use it as a 3-BR + instead of two smaller units.

Sales associates lying at a presentation in an effort to try and get you to purchase what they are selling? Shocking, simply shocking! LOL

Whoozr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

The salesman was telling a big fat lie. I just completed my contract last week and the addendum was signed last night. I went through a telesales rep not at a resort.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

At the annual owners meeting In Las Vegas, another owner specifically brought up PiC. The executive who answered said there were no plans to do away with PIC. I don’t believe they will, for a few reasons. The first being PIC doesn’t cost Wyndham anything. We pay a program fee in those PIC points, which cover the VIP perks. You don’t get to use those PiC points until you exchange your RCI deposit with them. They count towards status, but you cannot book anything with them until you do the exchange and pay the $89 for each week you are exchanging. If you don’t exchange, you get nothing except VIP status, which you are paying for through the program fees. Second, Wyndham doesn’t just take the deposit out of the goodness of their heart. They use that deposit to make a reservation that they can rent out. It’s another source of revenue for them. Doing away with PIC, would do away with another revenue stream, which would hurt their bottom line. Third, PIC is Wyndham’s answer to the question “I already own a timeshare. Why should I buy another?” There are a ton of timeshare systems out there. Giving owners a way to use their other timeshare within the Wyndham system, gives them a motive to buy, especially since its cheap VIP. In the case of PIC Express, they cannot use the points for bookings, but they still count towards status. Express is Wyndham’s answer to that question, for owners who have timeshares that do not qualify for PIC Plus. Finally, PIC ha been around since the Fairfield days. There are a lot of owners who purchased into Wyndham because of PiC, and who still utilize it to this day. Unlike the VIP program, PIC makes them money, so they have less motivation to take it away. The only reason they would change things, is if the system gets abused (like the cancel rebook loophole), or it stops making them money. I think in those cases, they might discontinue, or greatly restrict the program for NEW owners. For the owners already in place, they will be grandfathered into the old rules. The people who had PIC enrollments prior to 2005 are still allowed to have unlimited PIC weeks. Everyone else is limited to two. Obviously, you have to buy more points every time you enroll a new PIC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
If you purchase a new contract and add PIC weeks to achieve VIP Gold level, how long does it normally take for your Wyndham account to be updated? The PIC weeks were verified with RCI, the enrollment forms were signed off by everyone but the information isn't showing up in my account days later. The new account points, new reservation transactions added but no mention of PIC weeks or VIP Gold status.

Quality control says it can take three weeks, which is past the recession cutoff. I did a similar purchase at a resort a few months ago and it only took a day for my account to be updated. For others who have reached VIP level through corporate purchases, what has been your experience with getting everything correct with your account?

My letter to rescind is already typed and ready to be mailed but I really just want Wyndham to make it right.

Mine did take a few weeks. The nice thing about buying through corporate, is the calls are recorded. So if the sales person promised you Gold, and you don’t get it, you can go back to Wyndham, who will review the recording. They will either give you Gold, or give you the option to cancel the contract, even if it’s past the rescission date. I have heard of contracts being canceled after the rescission date, because something was misrepresented and there was proof of it.

To others reading this, that might have the same issue, you could also email the rep, and ask them to confirm you are going to get VIP. Once it’s in writing, you are set. If they don’t respond, you can threaten to rescind and they will respond. There is no reason for them not to put it in writing, if they are doing everything above board.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would hope it is spelled out in the written contract you both sign. If not don't sign it until it is added. Don't count on Wyndham to give you accessed to a phone recording.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I had VIP Platinum written into my contract when I converted 3 fixed weeks, PIC two weeks and did an equity trade with a 160K Wyndham purchase. They came back and tried to remove my Platinum later because my fixed weeks converted were resale weeks and thus no longer counted under NEW rules (many years back now). But since I had it written into my contract and could prove it, they had to reinstate my Platinum status.

Get it in writing is good advice.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I would hope it is spelled out in the written contract you both sign. If not don't sign it until it is added. Don't count on Wyndham to give you accessed to a phone recording.

I know they wouldn’t give them the recordings. However, since they have them, they can be subpoenaed. Wyndham doesn’t want to deal with yet another law suit, so if the recording proves their story, it’s just easier to let buyer off the hook then it is to fight it in court. Especially if the buyer is in the right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham will say, if there was a recording, the recording can't be located. It must lost if there was one. The burden of proof falls on you.

Whoozr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Does anyone know Wyndham CEO’s email address? Close to 6 weeks later and my account still is not correct. It has been one excuse after another. Every time I talk to owners care they blame it on the PIC team, the PIC team blames it on owners care.

My favorite excuse, I’m waiting on the documents to be scanned. It’s funny because all the documents were done online therefore no scanning required.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know Wyndham CEO’s email address? Close to 6 weeks later and my account still is not correct. It has been one excuse after another. Every time I talk to owners care they blame it on the PIC team, the PIC team blames it on owners care.

My favorite excuse, I’m waiting on the documents to be scanned. It’s funny because all the documents were done online therefore no scanning required.
The norm for Wyndham employees is a period between the first & last name, so you could try:

Michael.brown@wyn.com

I’m sure he won’t respond but somebody might

GRapuser

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai Villas, Glacier Canyon, Club Wyndham Access
Does anyone know of a potential PIC property being rejected because it is not "high demand"? I have begun the process of purchasing a week that is a "White" week in RCI, with the intention of enrolling it in PIC Plus to bring me up to VIP Gold. I don't want to call Telesales yet to ask them if it qualifies because I won't be ready to make the developer purchase for a few more months, and I'm afraid that they will come up with some sort of line like, "Normally it would not qualify, but if you buy the points today, we will make an exception." Granted, I know that I could then call back in 4 months and they would say the same thing, but since I don't like to take risks, I would probably just make the purchase now. Any insight into properties being accepted or rejected for the PIC Plus program would be appreciated. Thanks!

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Does anyone know of a potential PIC property being rejected because it is not "high demand"? I have begun the process of purchasing a week that is a "White" week in RCI, with the intention of enrolling it in PIC Plus to bring me up to VIP Gold. I don't want to call Telesales yet to ask them if it qualifies because I won't be ready to make the developer purchase for a few more months, and I'm afraid that they will come up with some sort of line like, "Normally it would not qualify, but if you buy the points today, we will make an exception." Granted, I know that I could then call back in 4 months and they would say the same thing, but since I don't like to take risks, I would probably just make the purchase now. Any insight into properties being accepted or rejected for the PIC Plus program would be appreciated. Thanks!

If you are going to enroll a PIC you should make sure to get a 3 bedroom week which will get you the most points. Other people who have done the PIC deals within the past year might have better information but I think the resort might be more important than the week color.

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just recently did a PIC with telesales to get to Gold. I had a very good experience, using a pitch from an owners update and telesales to get the best deal I could.

I PICd two units (3 bedrooms) from Twin Rivers: week 36 and week 38. Neither are what i would consider "red weeks" since they are neither summer nor winter (snow) weeks.

I had no problem getting the full 254k points for each unit.

I will say, that both at the resort sales office (PCB) and telesales office the sales people have said that changes to the VIP system were coming and probably sooner rather than later. Both hinted at a possible change in the number of points needed to reach the various VIP levels...

I realize this can be said as a sales push, however, both sales people referenced a conversation with a VP that they had recently been given...one even referenced an email (about price increases on retail points at low MF resorts and BC) and printed the email off to show me. I realize all of this could be for show, but with both of them saying the exact same thing, I felt it had a ring of authenticity to it...

Anyway, I did buy CWA for $153/k points (108k points) from telesales. The lowest the resort could get was $185/k for CWA, and wanted to sell me PCB for $219/k...the difference I am saving in price vs MFs (higher CWA vs lower PCB) would take almost 39 years to break even...I won't be around then to care.

My overall experience was a good one. I did not allow them to pressure me into something I hadn't fully looked at, but I also kept my promise to call all sales people involved to let them know my decisions.

I now have a blended MF, including all fees (Wyndham program fees, PIC fees, etc), PIC points, etc of $4.75/k. Any future purchases will be resale of low MF deeds to help keep my MFs as low as possible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
If you are going to enroll a PIC you should make sure to get a 3 bedroom week which will get you the most points. Other people who have done the PIC deals within the past year might have better information but I think the resort might be more important than the week color.

I don't believe there are any PIC requirements on the seasonal week per se. The requirements are that the resort has to be non-Wyndham (includes Wyndham managed but not owned), weeks based RCI integrated. You should ALWAYS check with telesales to ensure the resort in question qualifies though. As a general rule I would recommend "red" or prime season weeks simply as a reserved protection in the event the PIC week in question ever converts away from weeks to points or moves out of RCI for any reason, it will be easier to resell on the secondary market. I did a two PIC 3/4 bedroom deal in July 2018. I bought 210k CWA points for $143/1000 points retail, $135/1000 points rebate inclusive ($1500 in rebate checks came back to me). I have a price freeze at $145/1000 until July 2019 for CWA per my original contract purchase. I have two PIC weeks each at 254k that I convert into points at $89/week each year.