• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Currently at Lagunamar

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used the Interval platinum concierge? i have been in contact with them for our upcoming Lagunamar trip and i received a list with restaurants where we would get 15% off or complementary appetizers (if booked through them). I am only including the ones closer to Lagunamar, others are as far as Tulum. Has anyone been to Fantino? I heard great things about it and we intend to try it out this time

THE CLUB GRILL (HOTEL ZONE)
The Ritz Carlton Cancun, Retorno del Rey #36, Cancun, 77500 Mexico
Continental Cuisine
Price: $$$
Iconic
With an elegantly traditional dining room, soft lighting and the sound of live jazz, the ambiance at The Club Grill takes you to
a glamorous bygone era. Only the floor to ceiling windows with a view onto the ocean will remind you that you are in the lush
Mexican tropics. Recipient of the AAA Five Diamond Award, signature dishes such as Sweet Corn Soup with king crab & truffle;
Local Snapper with hoja santa leaf, wild rice, Temozón & ham; Grilled Filet Mignon with forest mushrooms; and Signature soufflés
to round out your dining experience. Resort elegant attire- for gentlemen, long pants with formal sandals or dress shorts
with closed toe shoes required.
Why you should book through your Concierge: 15% off the total bill, including alcohol and wines

FANTINO (HOTEL ZONE)
The Ritz Carlton Cancun, Retorno del Rey #36, Cancun, 77500 Mexico
Mediterranean
Price: $$$$
Hidden Gem
The dining room at Fantino takes inspiration from an old world I talian villa, yet large windows bring in stunning Mexican
ocean views. The menu here features coastal Mediterranean dishes that are prepared with sophistication, as seen in dishes
such as Forest Mushroom Ravioli with artichokes & Italian truffle; Maine Lobster Risotto with asparagus, preserved lemon and
Filet Mignon, parmesan gnocchi, Kalamata olives, Port wine reduction. Fantino is a recipient of a 2017 AAA Five Diamond
Award. The recommended dress here is Resort elegant- for gentlemen, long pants with formal sandals or dress shorts with
closed toe shoes required. Photo Credit: Donald J. Riddle
Why you should book through your Concierge: 15% off the total bill, including alcohol and wines

CRISTIAN MORALES COCINA DE AUTOR (DOWNTOWN)
Avenida Xpuhil #20, between Contoy & Nizuc, Cancun, Q. Roo, Mexico
Contemporary Mexican
Price: $$$$$
Hidden Gem
In a beautiful Spanish colonial mansion tucked into a chic neighborhood in Downtown Cancun, Cristian Morales Cocina de
Autor is a dazzing hidden gem, popular with both visitors and locals alike. Chef Morales and his team have earned the AAA
Five Diamond award by creating a gracious experience with some of the most creative cuisine in Mexico. His signature dish is
Huitalcoche Ravioli, considered to be the truffle of Mexico. Hot tip: There are a few tables outside by the pool. Book well in
advance. On-site parking. Dressy casual attire.
Why you should book through your Concierge: Complimentary appetizer per guest and tour of the kitchen

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
I’m here now. 460 pesos or $25 US. We love Nutura, about 7 minutes by bus towards town. Next to Surfin Burrito and across from Senor Frogs. Great fresh juice, vegetarian if needed, and reasonable. $99 pesos for breakfast plus drink. Two of us $18US with tip.

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
Yes you get 20% off food in all restaurants for owners. Get a bracelet at the concierge desk.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Yes you get 20% off food in all restaurants for owners. Get a bracelet at the concierge desk.
Just no discount on the special theme nights at Oceano.

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are checking out after 2 weeks of another wonderful stay here. We have a few kitchen items left if anyone would like them. Not much but thought we would offer. If not we will leave them for the cleaning staff (not sure if they are permitted to take them but I would hope so.)

Snowonbeach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Harborside, Diamond Resorts
We're also here and would be interested.

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're also here and would be interested.
They are yours. We don't fly out until this afternoon so we won't be checking our until 10. I can walk them over to you just before 10 if you like?

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Snowonbeach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Harborside, Diamond Resorts
That would be great! 1176

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
We are currently at Lagunamar until Saturday 2/16, so if anyone else is here and wants to connect over a beverage, let me know.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
we will be there tomorrow. Is the exchange rate at the resort ATM decent? If not, what is the best option to get some pesos?

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have used my Bank of America ATM card at a few Santander ATMs and the Fx rate and fees were reasonable. Not sure which bank the ATM is at the resort but it wasn’t Santander when we were there a few years ago.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have used my Bank of America ATM card at a few Santander ATMs and the Fx rate and fees were reasonable. Not sure which bank the ATM is at the resort but it wasn’t Santander when we were there a few years ago.
thanks, i do not see a Santander nearby, I am going to try HSBC which is the one I recognize from the ones close to the hotel
upload_2019-2-25_18-7-7.png

HankW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SVV, WLR

I normally just get enough pesos at the front desk for any planned taxi or bus rides during the stay or any planned/budgeted purchases at the Mercado 8. We use our SPG Amex for everything else including groceries at Soriana. During the last few years it seems like the AMEX exchange rate has been favorable.

For the planned trips, just tell the front end how many taxi and bus rides you have planned and they should recommend a good amount to exchange. For the Mercado 8 souvenirs, I would not take more than $50 to $60 in pesos on a trip to Mercado 8, for anything beyond that amount that you love, you can return later, it will still be there waiting for you!

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks, i do not see a Santander nearby, I am going to try HSBC which is the one I recognize from the ones close to the hotel
View attachment 10579

The Santander I’ve hit up was by the mall area where the grocery store Soriano’s is and the one at the Ultramar ferry terminal when we were heading to Isla Majures since some of the island restaurants such as Mangos only takes pesos and no credit cards.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
we will be there tomorrow. Is the exchange rate at the resort ATM decent? If not, what is the best option to get some pesos?

The best exchange rate is probably your local bank in the US. I always get my Pesos from Chase Bank and took them with me. I got the market spread with no commission. Never exchange anywhere other than the bank because they are not regulated and can make up whatever exchange rate they want. I saw some merchants offering 15 pesos to the dollar. Yikes!

Lagunamar is still looking great. They always do a great job.....always stinks to leave.

BLUE AYES

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton VV KW; Sheraton VV Bella; Westin Lagunamar x 3 (51 & 52) ; Westin Kierland;
Plat. for Life
17.85 at Resort. Roughly 17.9 at Kiosk. Most Restaurants were 17.

DO NOT USE THE ATM BY THE FITNESS CENTER !!!!!

I heard someone screaming at management, on $100 was charged 6% on the exchange and a $15 ATM fee.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
17.85 at Resort. Roughly 17.9 at Kiosk. Most Restaurants were 17.

DO NOT USE THE ATM BY THE FITNESS CENTER !!!!!

I heard someone screaming at management, on $100 was charged 6% on the exchange and a $15 ATM fee.
Is that the US$ ATM? There are two ATMs down there, one is US$ and the other is MEX Peso. I can see where you may get hit with a exchange surcharge on the USD. However, any exchange fee at the Peso machine would be based on your banks offered exchange rate. Can't speak to the fees.

I also will mention the Santander ATMs that are in the mall with Soriana. I didn't use them, but I saw a bunch of them in there when walking past on my way to Soriana.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
there is a not so attractive yellow box in the main pool. It is not the end of the world, it looks worse in the picture. One of the entertainers told me that there is a problem with the bottom of the pool (bubbly) and that they are going to try to fix it. I hope this is going to be done without much disruption, the pool was closed for few months last year for renovations

upload_2019-2-27_14-27-22.png

BLUE AYES

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton VV KW; Sheraton VV Bella; Westin Lagunamar x 3 (51 & 52) ; Westin Kierland;
Plat. for Life
I’m not sure what’s under the yellow box, but it’s been moved closer to the back wall of the infinity pool. (As of Sunday)

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure what’s under the yellow box, but it’s been moved closer to the back wall of the infinity pool. (As of Sunday)
you are right, it keeps on moving

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were there late January and if you look inside the box, it completely dry. They are making repairs to the pool liner and or drains, is what we were told.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
That box moved at least three times when we were there in January. I did look in and it was dry. One evening we were at the pool when they were moving it. The move it, seal the bottom then pump the water out. Definitely doing repairs. They must have botched the resurfacing last fall.