• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Currently at WPORV

Maui_ed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WPORV, WKORV, WDW
Got big waves, big wind, and lots of rain today at WKORVN. They have been predicting this for a few days, and sure enough, here it is.

Kildahl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Noon update: Ventured over to Church of the Pacific for the 9:00 am service where we learned that electric power in many parts of Princeville was out. Power was on and off here at the Westin all night. I haven't asked but I imagine they are using generators here. As we returned to the resort we could see that the main entrance was blocked by several large fallen trees. Traffic was rerouted through the service area over to the parking structure.
It is difficult to stand still along the white fenced boundary of the resort along the ocean because of the wind gusts, estimated at 50-60 mph. Noticed a bewildered Egret under a chair on our veranda. The waves below the resort and along Anini as are large as I have seen here- can only imagine what things look like down at Ke'e or Hanakapi'ai!
Resort activity has come to a standstill. The Wailele Bar/ towel building is closed and no one is in the pools. Staff is doing a great job with the clean up. High wind advisory has been extended to 6:00 am HST tomorrow (Monday) morning.
Weather conditions are better on east side of the island. There are no reported flight delays at the Lihue Airport so far today.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Noon update: Ventured over to Church of the Pacific for the 9:00 am service where we learned that electric power in many parts of Princeville was out. Power was on and off here at the Westin all night. I haven't asked but I imagine they are using generators here. As we returned to the resort we could see that the main entrance was blocked by several large fallen trees. Traffic was rerouted through the service area over to the parking structure.
It is difficult to stand still along the white fenced boundary of the resort along the ocean because of the wind gusts, estimated at 50-60 mph. Noticed a bewildered Egret under a chair on our veranda. The waves below the resort and along Anini as are large as I have seen here- can only imagine what things look like down at Ke'e or Hanakapi'ai!
Resort activity has come to a standstill. The Wailele Bar/ towel building is closed and no one is in the pools. Staff is doing a great job with the clean up. High wind advisory has been extended to 6:00 am HST tomorrow (Monday) morning.
Weather conditions are better on east side of the island. There are no reported flight delays at the Lihue Airport so far today.

Stay safe!

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
yes stay safe and keep us updated.

Kildahl

TUG Member
Reaction score
7:30 pm Update: After making a call to the Shell Station in Kilauea to confirm that the Highway was clear and that electrical service had been restored, we made the short drive to say farewell to Drew, Randall and staff at the Palate. Because power had not been restored until noon and employees were unable to get to work, they were delayed in opening while other merchants in the Kong Lung shopping Center did not open at all.
On the way back to the Westin, it started raining. Less than a quarter inch is expected in Princeville. The winds remain but seemed to have diminished and the high wind advisory remains on schedule to end at 6:00 AM HST Monday morning. Kauai severe weather aficionado Ron Wiley (morning and emergency DJ on the KONG, 93.5 FM or on the web) just announced that the public schools will be open tomorrow. It is 65F here at the resort. Dare I mention wind chill?
After parking in the structure, we walked through the lobby amidst a lot of guests checking in. My hope is that they are staying for no less than a week as the forecast calls for a lot of showers through Saturday. Walking down the stairs we noticed that there were a lot of folks dining or waiting to get in Nanea. The Princeville Market was packed and only one employee was working, taking food orders and ringing other people's purchases out. Few movie dvds were left to borrow as the cable service is not working due to the weather.
It will be interesting to see how many guests (and vendors) appear at the Wailele at 9:00 am for the weekly Vacation Kickoff. If I knew they would be offering freshly brewed coffee instead of mimosas, I might attend.
A number of Albatross (and, of course, the all-pervasive Nene) are visible gliding the fairways of the still closed Prince Course on your left as you walk south along Wyllie Road.
The nearby Na Aina Kai Botanical Gardens might be looking for volunteers to help pick up the grounds tomorrow or Tuesday. This is an expensive admission and if you are interested, call and volunteer.
Haven't heard whether the Hanalei Bridge has been closed. As of this hour, the County has not included it in its list of road closures. ( for road updates, 808-241-1725).
Less rain, much less wind tomorrow.

Kildahl

TUG Member
Reaction score
11:00 am Update: Things at the Westin are getting back to normal this morning. The grounds were completely picked up and the pools were being vacuumed to get the leaves and branches out. Impressive! The sounds of chain saws and generators from adjacent properties could be heard in the distance. Forecast today is for on and off light showers, high of 72F. High surf warnings continue, still apparent from the large waves approaching the shore in front of this property and Anini from the Northwest. Not a good day imho for beach activities or walking the trail to Anini.
Did attend the Vacation Kickoff earlier and much to my surprise, they did offer coffee. Heard the Hawaiian greeting song for the last time from longtime activities director, Elaina(sp?) who has taken a position somewhere else on the Island. She will be missed.
The Hanalei Bridge is open.

Kildahl

TUG Member
Reaction score
The cut-off low pressure that affected Kauai and the rest of the islands is moving away and the trade winds are returning but their interaction has resulted in continued high winds and surf plus wide spread rain and cool temps.
Spent our last day in the sun in Poipu on Tuesday. The rain arrived late in the afternoon and is expected around the island into the weekend. We have spent our time packing and running out between squalls to return towels, take some short walks and planning our departure. Watching the radar, we saw an opening to drive to the Lighthouse in Kilauea one last time. We were joined by a throng of like minded snowbirds with timeshare/condo fever. With the return of the trade winds, the high surf crashing against the bird’s hill was spectacular. As the next line of rain approached, there was a large exodus to the gift shop and the parking lot.
Back at the Westin, the grounds staff aided by outside contractors had loaded most of the stacks of cut up trees and root balls that they had collected on Sunday.
We had a wonderful stay despite the weather the past ten days and the fact that many of our favorite beaches and activities West of Hanalei were not available. We tried different activities and enjoyed the resort more than we had in the past. While back on the mainland, we look forward to your experiences at the Westin and Kauai.