• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New low for Wyndham Skyline Tower Atlantic City

seascapemvy

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
As usual my wife and I spent Presidents weekend in Atlantic City. We like the resort but had a problem. On Saturday evening my wife fell in their movie theater. The lights on the stair were not working. Right after, I noticed the problem and they fixed. If it were the first time someone fell it may be understandable but another person told me someone else had fallen at the earlier movie. That is unacceptable, things must be fixed immediately and constantly checked.

Anyway, due to this incident my wife agreed to talk to someone. Big mistake. The rep wou came to the room was extremely nice. My wife had turned down the 50.00 gift certificate and only wanted free parking because she wanted the resort to know how seriously she took her fall. She was unable to swim or take yoga due to her shoulder hurting so much. The rep said we still had to go to the 6th floor for the parking. Then this nasty supervisor insulted us, told us we could not buy anything anyway because we were blackballed. Not only is that 100% wrong but its illegal. He also told us we could only stay at Branson and Pogosa because that is where our points are from. Another lie. Over half out points are CWA points. The sales people in Atlantic City are horrible and that Supervisor should be fired. If someone falls and gets hurt in your resort, you should treat them much better than we were treated. I plan on calling corporate on Tuesday.

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
You should call corporate right away and insist upon filing an incident report with the resort to document their knowledge of your wife's fall due to their negligence.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Document, document and documentation as far as the fall. Blackball? Blackball is another word for conspiracy, which may be illegal.

seascapemvy

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You should call corporate right away and insist upon filing an incident report with the resort to document their knowledge of your wife's fall due to their negligence.
We did file a report at the resort and have a copy. My wife will have xrays taken on Tuesday after we get home. We want to go to our doctor. We are more upset at the rotten behavior of their superior and the fact they should have fixed the floor lights in the theater after the first person fell.

seascapemvy

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Document, document and documentation as far as the fall. Blackball? Blackball is another word for conspiracy, which may be illegal.
Of course it's illegal. I wish they would leave me alone when I check in. If they noted my account not to talk to me that would be fine but to tell me they blacked balled me and could not sell anything to be even if I wanted to buy directly from them is illegal. I wish all the resorts were like Bonnett Creek and they left people alone. Bonnet Creek has a sales office but they don't use high pressure sales.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
How can an owner who bought into Wyndham be black balled? What kind of business plan black balls someone from buying something? Who is the Wyndham brain trust that thought preventing sales from taking place is a good idea?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
The person you should have been talking to about the incident is the resort manager. Sales doesn't care about your problems or anyone else's; they only want to sell you something. Any concern they showed was just a ploy to soften you up for a sale.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at Wyndham Skyline Tower in Atlanta City and liked the property because it was updated and close to the boardwalk. It was prior to the hurricane. Has the boardwalk changed much since then? Is the boardwalk better, worse or about the same? Feedback anyone?

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
We stayed at Wyndham Skyline Tower in Atlanta City and liked the property because it was updated and close to the boardwalk. It was prior to the hurricane. Has the boardwalk changed much since then? Is the boardwalk better, worse or about the same? Feedback anyone?

We were just there for the first time last weekend. The boardwalk seemed fine apart from the fact that it’s the dead of winter and the boardwalk itself was mostly deserted and a good number of the stores close early or weren’t open at all. There was a big Amway convention at Boardwalk Hall on Sunday of that weekend so the boardwalk had a good amount of people on it that day. Structurally the boardwalk seemed fine and the beach areas did as well. We walked a ways in each direction from the Skyline tower. Without having been there prior to the hurricane I can’t say if it’s better, worse or the same but I would surmise it’s about the same based upon what we saw.

The sales staff does seem critical of PIC owners IME. We attended an update both privately in our room from a gal by the name of Tara who supposedly divides her time between AC and NYC. She said our account was flagged priority due to PIC Plus and the fact that Wyndham has had problems with people supposedly utilizing PIC Plus without actually owning the non Wyndham timeshares and that she required proof of ownership from us to remove the flag on our account and that we needed to come down to the 6th floor with such proof. She also claimed she was not in sales and didn’t receive any sales compensation but rather was from account management.

We went down to the 6th floor about a half hour later and met with a local sales guy who was actually a nice guy. We then met with Tara again and I challenged her on the need for any proof for PIC ownership especially considering I just converted both PIC properties into points in Nov/Dec and how would that even be possible if I didn’t actually own the weeks in question since I had to deposit the weeks into RCI and have Wyndham convert them into points? I very briefly showed her a confirmation conversion email on my phone and she backed right down and dropped the topic in entirety right then.

She then left us with the local sales guy for a bit and she came back with two offers to convert us from CWA to CWS since supposedly CWA MFs are going to go through the roof as they are capped at a maximum of 20% annual increases and with more and more people leaving CWA those left behind will have to pay more. Of course we walked away as usual. More lies and more BS from the sales team. Kinda ironic she said she had nothing to do with sales but she was the one who presented the conversion deals. Proof is in the pudding she was in fact in sales. Can’t stand the fundamentally dishonest sales practices that continue at Wyndham unabated, but as long as they are giving us something free for a couple hours or our time we will continue to take the freebies (WR points in our case).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's why we call them Sales Weasels.