• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Reviews- how many have you done? Are you the leader of the pack?

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Somehow I missed reading this last month. All I can say is WOW. First to Panina, 43 in just over 3 years. Curious how many resorts were visited. And then... Am I correct there are two people who have done 61!? Amazing.

I used to do better, until the time I spent extensive time on one, only to somehow "lose it" while editing. At the time, I only had my Kindle available so could not follow suggested method of creating in separate document. Now that I have access to a computer, I may 'revisit ' .

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Somehow I missed reading this last month. All I can say is WOW. First to Panina, 43 in just over 3 years. Curious how many resorts were visited. And then... Am I correct there are two people who have done 61!? Amazing.

I used to do better, until the time I spent extensive time on one, only to somehow "lose it" while editing. At the time, I only had my Kindle available so could not follow suggested method of creating in separate document. Now that I have access to a computer, I may 'revisit ' .
After I write my review where I am staying this week I will be at 50. I actually stood at 35 differnet resorts and six were where I toured the property, the rest are duplicates where I have additional info to add.

I traveled to many more timeshare resorts over the years. I only started writing reviews a few years ago but have been timesharing for 33 years. I started young at 25.

Can you imagine how many I would have written if I did them all...I can remember going to different timeshares in Barbados, Cable Beach Nassau, Aruba, Cape Cod, Atlantic City, Orlando, Miami, Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Arizona, Montauk, Vermont, New Hampshire, Virginia, the list goes on and on that I never wrote a review for.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I am at 53, if I counted corrected. There must be a count somewhere, but I could not find it.

I generally only write reviews if there is a review reward listed. If someone has just submitted a review and I can't add anything else of value, I will skip it. If I have been to a resort previously, and some time has passed I will just add comments on what has changed. It it is a new resort, a resort with little info, or a resort that I plan to frequent more as it is within driving distance, often then I will a detailed recon on room numbers and types and focus the review of that. I did that with the recent Wyndham Austin review I submitted a few months back.

I usually check the review status just before leaving or while I am at a resort, then I decide if I will submit a review. I take notes on my phone and then copy that to the review later.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Pretty sure we've done a TUG review for every timeshare where we've stayed. (Don't know how many that is. Regardless, there are more reviews than there are timeshares, because we keep going back to several timeshares for 2 main reasons -- (1) we like'm, & (2) they show up among the last-minute bargains for the times we want to go.)

You can check'm out at . . .

http://tug2.com/timeshare-vacation-history.aspx?id=AwayWeGo

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I would give top marks to Craigendarroch Scotland, Westin St. John, and Hilton Club NYC.

You are making me rethink my HGVC Scotland choices. I wanted Dunkeld, which I did get a few days in June, luckily. I was thinking Coylumbridge for a few more days farther north, but now you have got me rethinking Craigendarroch.

Where you in the Lodge or the Suites?

Having stayed in your other 2 of your top choices, those are both excellent ones. I only have visited Westin St John once, for a one week stay. I have stayed at NC NYC about 6 or 7 times. I miss the lounge access, since I am not an owner there. I am trying West 57th this summer.

Conan

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are making me rethink my HGVC Scotland choices. I wanted Dunkeld, which I did get a few days in June, luckily. I was thinking Coylumbridge for a few more days farther north, but now you have got me rethinking Craigendarroch.

Where you in the Lodge or the Suites?

We were in the suites. Very comfortable accommodations with everything you could want or expect. But really what makes it special is location, location, location. Ballater is a lovely town about a mile away; walkable although we always drove. The Queen's castle at Balmoral is a few miles more. We were able to book a private, horseback tour of the grounds with a young guide which puts us one degree of separation from Her Majesty.

The location is also convenient to the Malt Whisky Trail, the Castle Trail, and to Aberdeen, Stonehaven and Dunnottar Castle.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Today I did 50th review and it ended up being one of my favorites that I have been to. First time I have been to Eagles Nest in Marco Island. I am real happy as I purchased a winter and summer flex week without staying here. Marco Island feels like a second home. Timesharing is a great affordable way for me to stay on Marco Island like a second home without the headaches and expense of owning a place year round.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
it reminds me of points to comment on. Then I just cut and paste into tug

I think the single biggest way to increase the number of reviews is to have TUG provide this kind of template (or maybe even in the form of a Google form) so that we could just plug in thoughts. As every writer knows, the biggest issue to overcome is the blank page!!

VanX

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue Bay Getaway
Newbies here and just getting started with one complete and a 2nd attempted but it didn’t take. Will redo the 2nd one this week while we are staying at our 3rd exchange.

Should have 3rd done by end of February and the 4th when we travel again in July.

jlp879

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the single biggest way to increase the number of reviews is to have TUG provide this kind of template (or maybe even in the form of a Google form) so that we could just plug in thoughts. As every writer knows, the biggest issue to overcome is the blank page!!

There used to be some kind of a template on the old pre-migration TUG site. It's since gotten lost in the changeover.

It prompted you to think about the unit, resort amenities, resort activities, how your checkin went, service issues, etc.

I'm sure Brian could find it (nudge, nudge).

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I have been leaving reviews on Tug since 2006 under my original user name. I went and looked at these reviews and wondered if some of the resorts I didn't like have improved since the review. I like Tug reviews because the reviews require information that is often left out and usually the reviews include room amenities.

One thing that I did notice regarding owner reviews, most owners seem to favorably review their resorts. Exchanges seem to come under a bit more scrutiny. We try to go to different resorts every year but usually in the same areas in the same time of year. We are snowbirds I guess.

Our resort memberships include many resort destinations in Worldmark, Vacation Internationale and Universal Vacation Club. This gives us access to about 18 Hawaiian beach destinations and 11 Mexican beach destination, in winter season, without having to trade. Hawaii and Mexico are the better snowbird destinations, imo.

We do use these memberships for summer trips to the Pacific Coast to chill , golfing trips and fishing trips to Lake Chelan and Buoy 10.

The trips are very enjoyable but to me, so is the planning. That is why I read and leave reviews. So thanks for leaving them !!!

Bill

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
How many reviews does it take to get the "Review Crew" thing under your name, and then how many reviews per level (Beginner, Veteran, Expert)?

Looks like I'm currently at six.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow - Panani, 50! I bet going back and rereading them also jump starts your memory at some of your lovely trips.

You inspired me and I promise to try my best to do one for every trip. I returned last night from a small independent in NH that hasn't had a review for years. It has already been submitted.

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
Wow - Panani, 50! I bet going back and rereading them also jump starts your memory at some of your lovely trips.

You inspired me and I promise to try my best to do one for every trip. I returned last night from a small independent in NH that hasn't had a review for years. It has already been submitted.
Can't wait to see where you've been! ;)

How do we see how many reviews we've done? I'm assuming there's a button somewhere. I'm a close second to dear Theo when it comes to technology, though...or maybe I'm "winning" on that front....!

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to see where you've been! ;)

How do we see how many reviews we've done? I'm assuming there's a button somewhere. I'm a close second to dear Theo when it comes to technology, though...or maybe I'm "winning" on that front....!

Has - sometimes I can find these very easy and sometimes it is a mystery to me! I just logged into Tug2 and the first screen is my TUG Member Dashboard and a box on the left is "my reviews"

I'm kicking myself that I didn't think of reaching out to you this past weekend. We were at Mountain View at Crown Ridge in No Conway - we could have met up for a quick hi!

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
Has - sometimes I can find these very easy and sometimes it is a mystery to me! I just logged into Tug2 and the first screen is my TUG Member Dashboard and a box on the left is "my reviews"

I'm kicking myself that I didn't think of reaching out to you this past weekend. We were at Mountain View at Crown Ridge in No Conway - we could have met up for a quick hi!
That's too bad! We are right up the road. I've ventured into N Conway 2 times today, and the teens are clamoring to go again. My slippers are on...I'm. not. moving! I've stayed at Crown Ridge many years ago with my parents, but never at the Mountain View section. Glad you were able to get up north, albeit not to your beloved exit 32. :)

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook

We stayed at Crown Ridge - not Mountain View- many years ago when our son was in college- month of November.
It was a town home. It was ok but not much of a resort feel to it. I hated the pool area. Not a place I ever considered going back to. Hubby didn't care for it either.

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Crown Ridge (the houses) and Mountain View have now split. They run as two separate, even with separate check-in offices. Previously at MV you could use the pool at CR, now they send you down to Eastern Slope.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
The Crown Ridge (the houses) and Mountain View have now split. They run as two separate, even with separate check-in offices. Previously at MV you could use the pool at CR, now they send you down to Eastern Slope.

Wow. For sure I wouldn't stay if no pool (and gym).

I definitely like the Suites at Eastern Slope Inn, though. I would have liked to own there. Though I am not crazy about their pool or gym. But I like the vibe of the place and the location.

jlp879

TUG Member
Reaction score
How many reviews does it take to get the "Review Crew" thing under your name, and then how many reviews per level (Beginner, Veteran, Expert)?

Looks like I'm currently at six.

Level1: TUG Review Crew Rookie

granted to all TUG members who have submitted 5 Reviews.

Level 2: TUG Review Crew Veteran

granted to all TUG membership who have submitted 10 Reviews

Level 3: TUG Review Crew Expert

granted to all TUG members who have submitted 25 Reviews

Level 4: TUG Review Crew Elite

granted to all TUG members who have submitted 50 reviews

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have done 9 reviews in a little over 2 years. I guess I need to find a 10th to do to up my level!

I just realized I don't have the Review Crew tag over there. wonder why?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

we actually used to have a page that offered suggestions on what to put in reviews, here is a snippet from the review award page (that badly needs to be updated):

Write a Timeshare Review here

Enter your Review - consider including to qualify for these awards:
  • Unit Features
  • Kitchen Features
  • Resort Amenities
  • Size of Unit
  • Condition of Unit, Resort Buildings, and Property
  • Staff Friendliness and Responsiveness
  • Convenience to Area Attractions
  • Any problems encountered such as check-in problems, room changes, etc.
  • Your opinion on numerical rating for the resort and why.
  • Planned Resort Activities such as welcome parties, barbecues, kid programs, and outings
  • Suitability of Resort for couples
  • Any Additional fees assessed
  • What you Exchanged the unit for?

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
we actually used to have a page that offered suggestions on what to put in reviews, here is a snippet from the review award page (that badly needs to be updated):

Write a Timeshare Review here

Enter your Review - consider including to qualify for these awards:
  • Unit Features
  • Kitchen Features
  • Resort Amenities
  • Size of Unit
  • Condition of Unit, Resort Buildings, and Property
  • Staff Friendliness and Responsiveness
  • Convenience to Area Attractions
  • Any problems encountered such as check-in problems, room changes, etc.
  • Your opinion on numerical rating for the resort and why.
  • Planned Resort Activities such as welcome parties, barbecues, kid programs, and outings
  • Suitability of Resort for couples
  • Any Additional fees assessed
  • What you Exchanged the unit for?
I found that page when I wrote my first review. I really wanted to qualify for the award so I followed it verbatim. I add an "Overall" sentence/paragraph at the beginning to set the tone/vibe for the rest of the review. For future reviews, I may start with a summary/overview paragraph so someone wouldn't need to read any further unless they wanted more detailed information.

Edit: Forgot to add # of reviews. I have 8, so I'm definitely not the leader of the pack.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Didn't realize I get a new title when I hit 50, still at Crew Expert. I am at 52 now.

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score

Four more to the next level, thank you for the info!