• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham - Continuing issues with website - duplicate and missing reservations

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Oh my heart, WYN, when will you ever get this fixed?

They've never gotten the simple task of listing current reservations quite working correctly.

* I continue to have duplicates in my list of current reservations. I'm always watching confirmations to make sure I don't rent the same room twice
* From time to time old reservations won't drop. Not a big deal, just a nuisance. Eventually they do, it's not worth my time to call

But this morning, as I'm double checking some things, I notice I am missing a 2 BR Presidential for Easter week. Thinking I must have had an overlapping name and it got cancelled, I looked through the history to verify (what I assumed was my error). Well - I found the room being booked in the points history. From there I can select the reservation (from the points history). It is still an active reservation.

Keep good records, friends. This was a new one for me.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh my heart, WYN, when will you ever get this fixed?

They've never gotten the simple task of listing current reservations quite working correctly.

* I continue to have duplicates in my list of current reservations. I'm always watching confirmations to make sure I don't rent the same room twice
* From time to time old reservations won't drop. Not a big deal, just a nuisance. Eventually they do, it's not worth my time to call

But this morning, as I'm double checking some things, I notice I am missing a 2 BR Presidential for Easter week. Thinking I must have had an overlapping name and it got cancelled, I looked through the history to verify (what I assumed was my error). Well - I found the room being booked in the points history. From there I can select the reservation (from the points history). It is still an active reservation.

Keep good records, friends. This was a new one for me.

The website is a sick joke. I can’t believe the level of incompetence. My reservations are always a mess. Duplicates. Missing ones. Old expired ones showing current. And they have no plans to fix it.

I’ve mistakenly canceled reservations because l thought I had two. I’ve had reservations canceled by Wyndham because I have two under my name but one didn’t show in the list of upcoming reservations.

Time for a class action lawsuit.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I have a reservation missing, it usually shows up if you reverse the order showing to show upcoming reservations first

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
If I have a reservation missing, it usually shows up if you reverse the order showing to show upcoming reservations first
Haha - that did it. Thank you. It removed the duplicate and shows the missing one. Thanks. But... there is a reason, I've forgotten in the almost 2 years that we've been doing this, that I wasn't touching my sort order. I prefer the reverse order, however at one time it was causing issues (missing or dupes, i honestly don't remember). Guess I'll have to start using both, lol.

jumoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
It happens to the last reservation in the list when you click "SHOW MORE". It doubles one and removes the other. Changing your sort order or putting on a filter is usually what I do to change which one is the last in the list.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Thanks. I'll watch for that pattern, but I don't think that is the case for me (last one on the list). I'm only seeing one duplicate and one missing (and I have several pages of reservations).

What a crazy mess. Also still don't have the owners correct on our account. A rush ticket was put in in November. Another rush in January. I've forgotten how long it's been since I first reported it. It has never been right with the new system.

I have no confidence in emails. Sometimes I get them, sometimes I don't. Sometimes you'll get a confirmation and it'll have the wrong name for the resort.

These are simple things, shameful that WYN IT can't get this right, and that WYN corporate must not care.

jumoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't found that the duplication/missing happens with every "SHOW MORE", just sometimes. Often not on the click to show the 2nd page, but almost always on the click to show the 3rd page.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
We are missing a reservation as of last night. We had a guest for those two nights. Our daughter is beside herself over it. We are both watching constantly for those two nights. It's aggravating. I think we should take screen shots of our reservations at this point.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Sandi, I find it ironic that you posted this at a time when something we had reserved got cancelled. Does the system just automatically cancel reservations? If so, Wyndham indeed needs to fix this problem.

jumoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are missing a reservation as of last night. We had a guest for those two nights. Our daughter is beside herself over it. We are both watching constantly for those two nights. It's aggravating. I think we should take screen shots of our reservations at this point.
Did you check your points and find it cancelled?
Did you reverse sort? Filter? Often when I get the list down to one page, I find my one that was "missing".

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
You should be able to find it in your points history, when you booked it. From there click on the confirmation number and it should bring up the reservation. From there you can see the history for that reservation. If canceled, you can see the date it occurred. It's a little broken, you can't tell who cancelled it. But if you can a VC, they can.

The only reason I am aware that Wyndham would cancel a reservation, without contacting you first, is if you had a overlapping reservation (in same name). If that were the case, you should have gotten an email. (Should have, lol).

On 2nd thought. I think when they cancelled my Panama City Beach reservation, post Hurricane Michael, my only notification was via email.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do not miss that part of Wyndham. Even before the website change they had issues.

The call center people were always nice and tried to be helpful but there was a lack of knowledge on the process of the website and the powers that be resolving stuff.

Best of luck in getting it all resolved and compensated.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Sandi, I find it ironic that you posted this at a time when something we had reserved got cancelled. Does the system just automatically cancel reservations? If so, Wyndham indeed needs to fix this problem.

Did you call in and ask a VC if they could see the reservation? Knock on wood so far every time we've had a reservation suddenly disappear they could see it but I couldn't. And eventually it would show up again when I logged in and looked at my reservations. It is stressful and aggravating until you can have them confirm that they can see it.