• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ka'anapali Beach

IslandTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbor
I've been trying to put in a wait list request using HRC points for April 2020. We're booked on a cruise that starts in Honolulu, so I'd like to stay 4 nights in Maui, then fly to Honolulu the day before we sail. I'm requesting an arrival date of 4/5/20 in either a 1 or 2 bedroom but keep getting an error message that says invalid arrival date. Is there some reason we wouldn't be able to check in on a Sunday? I sent Hyatt an email yesterday with a screenshot but thought I'd also ask here to see if anyone has any insight.

We own at Hyatt Sunset Harbor and to date have never put in a request for any other resorts so I don't know how likely we are to get into Ka'anapali Beach. Is this a long shot, especially putting in the request only 14 months in advance?

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
For HRC bookings at this property, 7-night stays always start on Saturdays and 4-night stays on Tuesdays only.

IslandTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbor
Well that explains it then. I should have thought to look up the split week info on the website. Thanks!

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
I've been trying to put in a wait list request using HRC points for April 2020. We're booked on a cruise that starts in Honolulu, so I'd like to stay 4 nights in Maui, then fly to Honolulu the day before we sail. I'm requesting an arrival date of 4/5/20 in either a 1 or 2 bedroom but keep getting an error message that says invalid arrival date. Is there some reason we wouldn't be able to check in on a Sunday? I sent Hyatt an email yesterday with a screenshot but thought I'd also ask here to see if anyone has any insight.

We own at Hyatt Sunset Harbor and to date have never put in a request for any other resorts so I don't know how likely we are to get into Ka'anapali Beach. Is this a long shot, especially putting in the request only 14 months in advance?
no you have a good chance but typically inventory shows up at 6 months prior so early October . 4 night reservations typically start Tuesday and for some resorts Sun
You will need to check the charts can't recall

IslandTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbor
At Sunset Harbor, the 4 day week starts on Sunday so I didn't even consider that might not be the case.

So I guess I have two options. I could put in two requests to get five days - a three day w/e that starts on Saturday and a two day checking in Tuesday. OR maybe I'll just bite the bullet and request a week and check out a day early on Friday to fly to Honolulu to start our cruise which would leave that night.

It would be great if availability came through in October. That would give us plenty of time to finalize plans and book flights. Is there any chance inventory will show up on the HRC website or is it all pretty much filled by wait list only? I think I'll put in the request for a week but if a three night and two night were to show up on the website, I could always book that and cancel my request and save some points to use at HSH next year. :)

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Inventory does show up, however, it is not a lot of inventory and at irregular dates. My suggestion is to go ahead and wait list what you want and keep an eye on the inventory to see if something pops up that you can work into your schedule. If it does, a bird in hand is worth more than two in a bush.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
At Sunset Harbor, the 4 day week starts on Sunday so I didn't even consider that might not be the case.

So I guess I have two options. I could put in two requests to get five days - a three day w/e that starts on Saturday and a two day checking in Tuesday. OR maybe I'll just bite the bullet and request a week and check out a day early on Friday to fly to Honolulu to start our cruise which would leave that night.

It would be great if availability came through in October. That would give us plenty of time to finalize plans and book flights. Is there any chance inventory will show up on the HRC website or is it all pretty much filled by wait list only? I think I'll put in the request for a week but if a three night and two night were to show up on the website, I could always book that and cancel my request and save some points to use at HSH next year. :)
We have gotten in to Maui for the past 3 years maybe just lucky. We got only one from wait list but we always do wait list as well as check the site regularly.

IslandTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbor
I put in a wait list request for a week in a one bedroom but I will start checking for availability as well.

What happens if the wait list request comes through before I've paid my maintenance fees for next year? Will they notify me so I can pay or will they skip over me? I plan to pay as soon as they show up on my account but what if they haven't been billed yet? This has never been a problem in the past, I've had requests confirmed before paying the following year's dues but I've seen it mentioned on the Hyatt Facebook page that people had to pay before reserving.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I put in a wait list request for a week in a one bedroom but I will start checking for availability as well.

What happens if the wait list request comes through before I've paid my maintenance fees for next year? Will they notify me so I can pay or will they skip over me? I plan to pay as soon as they show up on my account but what if they haven't been billed yet? This has never been a problem in the past, I've had requests confirmed before paying the following year's dues but I've seen it mentioned on the Hyatt Facebook page that people had to pay before reserving.
They will skip you if you haven't paid. And our experience is they won't notify you even though they tell you that they will. It is a flaw in the system. Even when we call and ask what we owe if it is 2 days before the bill is due we are told we are paid in full and are not given an amount. We have given Hyatt feedback about this but it continues.

IslandTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbor
They will skip you if you haven't paid. And our experience is they won't notify you even though they tell you that they will. It is a flaw in the system. Even when we call and ask what we owe if it is 2 days before the bill is due we are told we are paid in full and are not given an amount. We have given Hyatt feedback about this but it continues.

Lovely. ;) We've been extremely lucky in receiving every wait list request I've ever made but all were at Sunset Harbor. One request came through nearly a year in advance (in July) well before we paid the following year's fees. I guess it's amazing that even went through.

Last edited:

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lovely. ;) We've been extremely lucky in receiving every wait list request I've ever made but all were at Sunset Harbor. One request came through nearly a year in advance (in July) well before we paid the following year's fees. I guess it's amazing that even went through.
Good to hear. Maybe there is hope yet