• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Toilet paper over or under debate...

Over or under?

• Must be over

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Has to be under

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Don't care / either is ok

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters

PGtime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Waterside by Spinnaker,
Cottages at Shipyard

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
In one of our bathrooms, the dispenser is on the wall across from the toilet. To reach the paper while still sitting, it has to be over. That settled any issue.

RonB

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I have disagreed on how to hang toilet paper for over 40 years. Our solution - she hangs it how she wants in the the bathroom she uses the most, and I hang it how I like in the bathroom I use the most. And did you notice I did not say who's over and who's under? :p

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
A debate as old as time, or at least toilet paper.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I have had an ongoing friendly debate about this with my best friend from college whom I see maybe once a year. When he visits my home, he flips the roll around. And of course when I visit his home, I oblige and do the same. I guess its our thing. :D

Kurt

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Waaaay back when I was a single guy, I had a date with a lovely young lass. But alas, she hung her T.P. backward. I occasionally wonder how she ever got along without me.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
What is a toilet paper holder?

:D

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have always been able to establish which way to roll it off while moving my hand to the roll so whichever way I am holding it as it goes on is it.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Hotels always hang it over. Public toilets under.

Over enables hotel cleaners to create the neat little triangle folds at the ends. The cleaners at our vacation home rental fold the end into an origami for each new guest - makes my brain explode.

grab

TUG Member
Reaction score
On the show the Good Doctor this debate this season led to the couple installing two paper holders. Problem solved.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
If you have the TP with any printing on it, it has to be the over method or you can't see what is on the TP. Now having printed TP is a completly different matter.

The patient shows the over method. But to each his own.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I prefer the Over method, because I have terrible OCD about some things. This is one. Over is alphabetically before Under, so must be right.

Dave

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I prefer the Over method, because I have terrible OCD about some things. This is one. Over is alphabetically before Under, so must be right.

Dave

That really only works in English-speaking countries or homes....

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
That really only works in English-speaking countries or homes....

Uh oh. Now I’ll have to deal with it when I’m out of the country?? Aarghh! :D

Dave

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Uh oh. Now I’ll have to deal with it when I’m out of the country?? Aarghh! :D

Dave

Only if they provide it; some places it's BYOTP....

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
There are manuals and patents posted on the internet for each way. I have had it put both ways in hotels too. There are no absolutes. Just put it the way you want. :)

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well in my house I’m the only person who bothers to put the toilet paper on the holder. Over, under, I don’t care. Please just don’t leave it on the tank lid.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I prefer over to under, however under does not bother me as much as I know of some people. Over just looks tidier.

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sometimes in restrooms at work I've encountered an over installation on a dual roll dispenser with an under installation of the standby roll above it. The result is often simultaneous dispensing of both rolls at the same time and can be a bit troublesome. My preference is over, but consistency can make under bearable. Just loading them willy-nilly seems wrong....

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
On the show the Good Doctor this debate this season led to the couple installing two paper holders. Problem solved.

Where the fun in compromising? :p

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well in my house I’m the only person who bothers to put the toilet paper on the holder. Over, under, I don’t care. Please just don’t leave it on the tank lid.

:eek: I hope you live alone. Your post implies otherwise. If I was the only one changing rolls I would not be the one doing the laundy.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score

how-does-your-toilet-paper-hang.gif