• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Toilet paper over or under debate...

Over or under?

• Must be over

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Has to be under

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Don't care / either is ok

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I want an Alexa enabled TP holder, so I can tell it to roll off 'x' sheets.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Over; same goes for paper towels. It bugs Cliff that I will set a new roll on the edge of the tub and leave the room -- but if I've used the previous roll up I won't install the new roll until I'm sitting again because it is easier on my back not to have to bend over to do it. In the master bathroom we have our first ever free standing toilet paper holder; allowed us to not have to drill into the tile surrounding the shower. Guess I'll donate that to the new owners when moving time comes.

ETA: only once that I recall did we have a kitten that liked to unfurl the toilet paper, and she only did it once or twice. Far better streamers on the floor that can be more or less rolled back up in a bathroom where guests won't be, than a big torn pompom created by clawing at a roll that won't unspool. Those need to be trashed.

Last edited:

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
This seems to be the perfect thread to address this assault on human kind:

In public restrooms, why is the toilet paper holder so often installed so that when you sit on the toilet, the holder is at (or below) leg height and often behind you as you sit?
When I am doing what must be done, I really don't want to have to be a contortionist to reach the toilet paper.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This seems to be the perfect thread to address this assault on human kind:

In public restrooms, why is the toilet paper holder so often installed so that when you sit on the toilet, the holder is at (or below) leg height and often behind you as you sit?
When I am doing what must be done, I really don't want to have to be a contortionist to reach the toilet paper.
Amen!

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Either way if fine as far I'm concerned so long as it is there when I need it with more than 1 ply left. lol

Bill

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Perhaps the Bidet was invented to address these issues? :ponder:

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Perhaps the Bidet was invented to address these issues? :ponder:

How is one supposed to dry one's self after using a bidet?
Also, is just water sufficient to do the trick with the bidet?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Then we'd be arguing about the water temperature....

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I am trying to remember at the different timeshares how they hang them. I can’t, next time I will take pictures and report.

I myself hang them over but really ok when my other half hangs them under. Just happy it’s there.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am trying to remember at the different timeshares how they hang them. I can’t, next time I will take pictures and report.

I myself hang them over but really ok when my other half hangs them under. Just happy it’s there.

You could always just call and ask them "How's it hanging?"

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
How about sideways? No one ever suggests that. LOL!

We have a free standing holder across from the toilet in one of our bathrooms and over is much more convenient.

In our master bath we just lay the toilet paper on top of a floor cabinet (which holds our steam shower generator) next to the toilet, so we just pick it up and unravel it however we want to.

In the third bathroom that no one uses anyway, it is usually over as well, though it is right next to the toilet and could be installed either way and would work fine.

Last edited:

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Aaand before tp, it was which side of the leaf to use. And everyone learned early to identify poison ivy... :eek:

We would have to use pine cones which is better than the desert people using cactus,lol.

Bill

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
How is one supposed to dry one's self after using a bidet?
Also, is just water sufficient to do the trick with the bidet?

You buy a Toto Washlet instead (known as the "butt washer" in our house) and it blows your ass dry once it's done hosing you down. Water pressure can be adjusted up to enema strength. It has spoiled us for regular toilets which now always seem the temperature of ice after the heated seat on the Toto.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
In the house that we sold which had the whole she-bang, we had a bidet next to the toilet. I loved the bidet. Initially I had the eek reaction but when I started using it, I loved it. Now I miss it in our home.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
We would have to use pine cones which is better than the desert people using cactus,lol.
In midwest farm country, I was told shelled corn cobs were used in the outhouse! They actually were a bit soft, so I can imagine it not being so bad.

Kurt

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
In midwest farm country, I was told shelled corn cobs were used in the outhouse! They actually were a bit soft, so I can imagine it not being so bad.

Kurt

I had heard they also used pages from old sears catalogs.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Then the debate would be left or right?

Not necessarily; I’ve seen TP dispensers in public restrooms where it’s fed from a sideways roll to a hole in a plastic cover and you pull it straight out. If that set up isn’t available, though, I would suggest a vertical tube orientation with the TP rotation being clockwise in order to harmonize with the flush direction in the northern hemisphere. Might have to switch it south of the equator, though....

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I liked over but I just want some toilet paper in the bathroom at right moment. LOL.:)