• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Using Ovation with resale points....

shofam

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know whether you can use the Wyndham Ovation system to turn in points that you purchased off the resale market? Does it matter if it's deeded or CWA?

nicben

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bonnet Creek Club, Vegas Worldmark
Does anyone happen to know whether you can use the Wyndham Ovation system to turn in points that you purchased off the resale market? Does it matter if it's deeded or CWA?

Why not post the timeshare here for free.

shofam

Reaction score
Am I correct in understanding that they will take access points no matter what?

Reaction score
I would think the best thing is to call Wyndham directly to see what they will offer you. When you call, check to see if you will qualify for 3 years of points through the Limited Edition program. It doesn't hurt to call to see what they offer since Wyndham programs are subject to change at anytime.

Richardsdeals

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why not post the timeshare here for free.
It was a better deal for me to just turn them in. No fees. No closing costs. We had already used all our 2019 points, so no one wants a free deed with no use year points. This way we didn't have to pay main. fees all year in order to give it away next year.

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
I gave one away here, but it still isn't completely transferred. Gave another away with Ovations (started the Ovations process several weeks after the process started on the giveaway). Ovations contract has been gone for over a month. The other is still not done. I don't regret giving the other away and the wait - someone is getting a pretty low MF property who isn't Wyndham ( I am cool with paying MF in the meantime). No one wanted the other one, so I dropped it. If I waited, someone would likely have jumped on it this summer, but I would have been paying the MF in the meantime for a property I couldn't really use since they'd take the points from me even if the transfer didn't occur until late in the year.
If it isn't a desirable property, do Ovations.

Richardsdeals

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are considering Ovation, here is a tip:

We knew we were going this route, so we used all our 2019 points up in 2018. That gave us some extra vacation time before we unloaded our contracts. So, when we got to January 2019, I contacted Wyndham and started the Ovation process. I ended up paying MFs for January and February, but that is it. They will take a contract back with no current use year points available. They will not take a contract back with any future use year points already used. So, if you plan ahead, you can use the points up for the year before you give up the contract.

NOTE: All travel must be completed before you start the process.

shofam

Reaction score

We knew we were going this route, so we used all our 2019 points up in 2018. That gave us some extra vacation time before we unloaded our contracts. So, when we got to January 2019, I contacted Wyndham and started the Ovation process. I ended up paying MFs for January and February, but that is it. They will take a contract back with no current use year points available. They will not take a contract back with any future use year points already used. So, if you plan ahead, you can use the points up for the year before you give up the contract.

That is terrific, and much appreciated, advice! Thank you!

Swans5

TUG Member
Reaction score

Did you use the 2019 points in 2018 by borrowing them from one use year into another? Or by some other method?

Richardsdeals

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you use the 2019 points in 2018 by borrowing them from one use year into another? Or by some other method?

Yes. We made reservations in 2018 in the window where we were able to use 2019 points for the reservations.

Swans5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes. We made reservations in 2018 in the window where we were able to use 2019 points for the reservations.
I've been looking on the Wyndham site for info on what this window is, but I can't find it. Does anyone have their official language? For a contract with Jan 1-Dec 31 use year? And this might affect things: we have a biannual odd.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I've been looking on the Wyndham site for info on what this window is, but I can't find it. Does anyone have their official language? For a contract with Jan 1-Dec 31 use year? And this might affect things: we have a biannual odd.

Search on the website for borrowing points. It can be done within 90 days of check-in. With only a biennial odd, you would be able to borrow points in the even years inside that 90 day window.

5206-D732-ABEA-489-F-B124-4530-ACDD0921.jpg

Swans5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Search on the website for borrowing points. It can be done within 90 days of check-in. With only a biennial odd, you would be able to borrow points in the even years inside that 90 day window.
Thanks very much! "Express" window--man, it really is an entire vocab lesson!