• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RedWeek Needs Your Input About Kitchens

What kind of oven makes a kitchen in a timeshare Full?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2disneydads

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sadly, a lot of the high end branded timeshares have replaced ranges with cooktops and microwave/convection ovens. The kitchens look great, but they don't really function like a full "home" kitchen. It's not a deal breaker for most vacationers (including me), but it's definitely a plus when a unit has an oven.
Sometimes it is a deal breaker for me one reason that we use timeshare resorts is the ability to cook a full range of meals. That includes broiling and baking. I can't understand why a resort would not have grills for guest use.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
I see there's an option to select the microwave/convection combo on my Redweek ad.

I don't recall seeing it before

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We often like to buy raw cookie dough at the grocery store on vacation. That stuff simply does not cook well in a microwave convection oven.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Dioxide45, I thought I was the only one to do that! DH passed on his love of freshly baked cookies to our grandkids, so it's fun to pop a few cubes of dough into the oven for a special treat at a timeshare.

When we have our family all together, an oven works so much better for large meals of pizza, garlic bread, roasted chicken and veggies, lasagna, breakfast casseroles, etc.

Last edited:

dlpearson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN, SVV (Bella), MOC, MBP, 7MileBeach Club
A full kitchen to me definitely implies a full size conventional oven. The microwave/convection combos are a disappointment.

blondietink

Reaction score
Since one of my sons has food allergies, I cook most meals in a resort when on vacation so I can control the ingredients. I agree than a full size oven is great for baking and broiling especially if there are no grills available at a resort. I am thinking specifically of Harborside, which just has a cooktop and microwave/convection combo and no grills. The food is so expensive in the Bahamas that it really helps the budget to just cook at the resort. Harborside, please put in grills! Most of the resorts now have timers so gas isn't wasted if somebody forgets to turn it off.