• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Villa preferences at Grande Vista

sueoz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi - not sure if this is the best place to ask this, let me know if there's a better spot

We are checking in at Grande Vista January 9th. We are two adults who like the quiet side of things. We would like to be near a pool and hot tub but not the main drag where the noise factor is louder. My husband will be doing some golfing, if this matters for this question. We stayed at Grande Vista years ago but I have no clue where we stayed and we were with kids that time. Also - are most of the buildings in good shape? Any advice?

Thanks,
Sue

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Last edited:

1st Class

TUG Member
Reaction score
We like Bldg 97 ... pool view, quiet, BBQs between 97 & 98, close to main entrance. We mostly use the pool behind 97 but once or 2x during our stay will take the short walk over to the main pool. I think you have a choice of views in Bldg 98 -- pool, golf course, and lake. Any of the bldgs in this section should be fairly quiet.

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
I would opt for building 97 or 98 in the Clubside Villas because they are close to one of the 2 smaller quiet pools, AND are pretty close to the club house.

Buildings 90, 91, and 92 are near the other small and quieter pool, but you'd need to drive to the golf course.

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Myself and wife are golfers, and have stayed in Building #91, and #92---they both have a view of the Par three hole, and the Pool. We prefer #92, but both are dependent on which unit you get for those views.

Does your husband need golf advice----i have A LOT of notes!!!

Pat

sueoz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oops! Meant to say Feb. 9th. We just got back from a week in Nevada and my head's not on tight yet.

My husband says he needs more than help. He just beats the ball to death!

Thanks for the advice. As no one mentioned it, I assume these buildings are all in good shape.
Sue

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I meant help with the actual choosing of Golf Courses.

I certainly can't help him with his quality of his ability------haha!!

sueoz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ha! He is playing with his cousin somewhere up by New Smyrna Beach and probably at Grande Vista. If you have a couple of favorite courses - would love to hear them.

On the Marriott site for the golf club it indicates at the bottom of their list of rates to play that Marriott Vacation Cub owners and Grande Vista owners would have a discount. When I called the golf club, whoever answered said no, only Grande Vista owners. Has anyone had experience with this?
Thanks,
Sue

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
I'm not sure - we're owners there and we get approximately 10% discount. I just looked up their rates and they only show them through 1/12/18 so I called up and got some numbers. It's getting pretty expensive to play there now, but I guess most courses in Florida are expensive.
Here's for now - April 8:
9 holes: $55, or $49 for owners
18 holes: $75 or $69 for owners
3 days: $185 for owners

The 3 day membership used to cost the same as three rounds of 9-hole, but now it's more.

I meant help with the actual choosing of Golf Courses.

I certainly can't help him with his quality of his ability------haha!!

Do you know of any decent courses near MGV that allow 9-hole play?

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are 2 sites I use quite often: golfnow and teeoff

On both I see Grande Vista for about $45-----but on Golf now it is only for 9 holes, and I think tee off is twice around (18 holes total).

Grande Vista is a nicely conditioned course, I think it is a Par 32-----(5) Par threes and (4) Par fours.

Next up, are 18-hole courses; which will all likely be $55-$80 if you can find that price as a "Hot Deal" time on golfnow.

I would recommend looking days ahead on golfnow for Orange County National, and of the two courses there I think more highly of Panther Lake over Crooked Cat.

Then, I would also consider Championsgate Country Club.

Shingle Creek, and Falcon's Fire are nice, but harder to find a good price at.

Any very good golfer would like Championsgate International; but it is not for the faint of heart, at all. Championsgate National is tamer, but not as nice.

Let me know if I can help more.......I have played others............

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Note. If you are an owner and you attend the weekly Owners Update....they provide a coupon code for 50% off one item at the golf shop that day. Decent if you need a new shirt, glove, golf balls, hat or something else.

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
There are 2 sites I use quite often: golfnow and teeoff

Let me know if I can help more.......I have played others............

Thanks. We usually play a few 9-hole rounds at MGV when we're there, and venture some place more interesting (we miss Grande Pines) for 18 holes, but due to a couple of minor injuries :doh:we will probably just be playing 9-hole rounds this trip. Many of the courses I checked out online only show prices for 18 holes so I assume that means they don't offer 9.

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I mentioned Grande Vista, and I think (though I am not in favor of only playing a 9-hole course) it is a worthwhile layout.
I have played there perhaps four times----I use it as a 'warm up' on my first day of several days of golf.

There are a few other nine-hole courses. Orange County National Tooth, Disney Oak Trail, Orange Lake has two: Crane's Bend and Legends Walk.

I have played Disney Oak Trail, and for $15, that was about what it was worth; if not less. I don't think the others are much improvement.

I would much rather go to a nicer 18 hole course, and just decide to get done after 12 or 13 holes...........

Pat

drlee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just finishing a month here, will be leaving Friday. We are in building 84, which is one of the refurbished rooms, and the room is very nice. However, I would recommend staying away from "pool view" rooms, as the evening entertainment (some good, some not so good) can be pretty loud, and if you are close to a hot tub, it can be noisy pretty late.

sueoz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for all the detailed help. My husband will check out the golf courses! I found out from Grande Vista that the buildings around 90, 91, 92 are having some renovations done so I opted to request 97 or 98. Who knows what I'll get, but it's worth asking!

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Anyone know which buildings at Grande Vista have been renovated last?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Anyone know which buildings at Grande Vista have been renovated last?
The last newsletter I can find from the Grande Vista board is from May 2017. It seems that they have stopped sending out newsletters. I suspect this was perhaps a product of the board president at the time and the new president doesn't see any value in it? Who knows.

Here is what that newsletter indicated;
  • Villa Refurbishment in Buildings 78, 85 and 86 to begin in August 2017.
  • Villa Refurbishment in Buildings 84, 79 and 77 is complete.
  • Pool furniture replaced at 91 & 97 pools. If it is anything like the pool chairs around the Village Center Pool, they are real ugly. I don't know what they were thinking.
I know there is a short cycle where there are no planned renovations, so that may have been 2018 and these may be the latest renovated units.

Beachspace

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Vista / Harbour Lake
It appeared as though my golf villa in building 99 had been completed. I didn't keep my owners update flyer from the free reception :-( (nice reception though! cheese/fruit platter, eggrolls, and even a wide beverage selection like Moscato and Angry Orchard Cider beer bottles!)