• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Point Discounts for levels

eggmansr71

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond Resorts
Went to an owner update (wasn't bad) and it was stated that Silver level and higher get discounts on points at 10 mths. So I was curious if anyone knows if this is true and if so what some typical numbers would be.. I would enjoy doing a search to a place on my account and posting the points required and then someone do the same if a higher level would like to help. Although maybe someone here already knows the answers. :)

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not aware of any discounts based on loyalty levels. Perhaps the sales person was misleading you by representing accommodation upgrades as discounts.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
I am unsure what you mean. Do you think we can reserve resorts at half Points at 10 months? Or do you mean if we want to buy 1 time use Points from DRI we pay less. No to the first. Yes to the second.

gjw007

TUG Member
Reaction score
The program is called diamond flexibility and the price of points to rent depends on your level.

gjw007

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't call these points discounted. Depending on how you want to calculate the cost of your points from your maintenance feees, I use 20 cents per points covering all the various fees, the cost of renting the points is much higher ranging from 24 cents per point to 34 cents per point. Here is the breakdown for Diamond Flexibility
  • Standard members pay $0.34 per point
  • Silver members pay $0.29 per point
  • Gold members pay $0.26 per point
  • Platinum members pay $0.24 per point
There is a another program that does discount these points but these dates are much closer to the time you want to reserve and will vary depending on your membership level. The program is called Diamond Value. Here is the breakdown
  • Silver members pay $0.12 per point on non-discounted reservations when booking within 14 days of arrival
  • Gold members pay $0.12 per point on non-discounted reservations when booking within 28 days of arrival
  • Platinum members pay $0.12 per point on non-discounted reservations when booking within 35 days of arrival

eggmansr71

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond Resorts
Thank you for the replies. So you know the saying if the salesperson's lips are moving they are lying. :) So yes it was presented as the number of points for a reservation would decrease at the 10 mth. window for Silver and up members. I made several inquiries into this to make sure I understood. Also came up with a Home Haven idea that you could do the room upgrade (Accommodation upgrade) at any level regardless of tier. Talked with reservations and they had never heard of it and didn't know any way other than being a silver or higher to get room upgrades. So thanks for confirming for me sales still lies. :) or misleads with omissions.

Last edited: