• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Recently bought a resale Marriott Son Antem Mallorca Spain

arun123

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott son antem
Hi Guys
I am from uk and recently committed for a Marriott timeshare resale son antem platinum
I am mainly using it for exchange and reselling rentals.
How is the Marriott reservation system. Would I able to reserve a week in the platinum season.
Does it have a good trading power.
I still can back out so please let me know

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
If you bought it from the developer (Marriott) you should back out (rescind) while you still can. Marriott does retain some decent value in the resale market compared to other companies but you can get the exact same thing for 1/4-1/10 of what you paid for it.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
you should absolutely rescind any purchase until you can properly answer all of your questions and no longer have any lingering concerns about your purchase!

welcome to TUG!

PrairieGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
The OP indicated "resale" in the title and while yes, one should know what they are buying, depending on the price paid I don't think that the blanket advice should be "recind, recind, recind". Could someone please answer the questions asked?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
The OP indicated "resale" in the title and while yes, one should know what they are buying, depending on the price paid I don't think that the blanket advice should be "recind, recind, recind". Could someone please answer the questions asked?
The last line of the OPs post suggests that while he used the word resale, he "...can still back out" which suggests that he bought it from the developer. Marriott may resell units that get returned in the UK, I don't know.
But to answer some of the OPs questions, you should be able to get platinum week for platinum week with little restriction. As far as trading with Interval International, I would say that yes, it trades well. Marriott has a lot of very nice resorts in almost every nice area.

arun123

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott son antem
Hi Guys
Thanks for the response.
I bought resale platinum for 6000 euros including transfer with interval platinum free from broker for 3 years.The broker said you have 14 days to cancel and they he will start the transfer process. I paid him a search fee for 300 euros.

My concern is about marriott reservation system. Will I be able to book easily or its a fight even if 12 months in advance.
On redweek i checked they are going for 2000 eur a week and maint is 1100 eur for me.
If I am lucky in booking a platinum week with marriott is the interval exchange good for december week 51 in south africa or canary islands for this.
Can I pay maintainance two years in advance so I can bank on interval early
Is it good idea to buy one more plat timeshare to book 13 months in advance to increase my channces with marriott

Venter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Club Son Antem, Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve, Marriott Vacation Club @ Los Suenos, MVC points, Sheraton Lakeside Terrace, Sheraton Flex, Westin Flex, Aventuras
I have a gold week. I have mot made a booking in years because we now live in America and prior to that I used my points or Interval.
You can only book within your season. If you want to book gold etc you have to exchange within Interval. As for booking within your season I did not have trouble booking 12 months out except that I might not have gotten my preferred check in day. Hopefully, somebody with a platinum week can chime in.
It will be a strong trader but South Africa in December will be tough if you are not flexible. You can deposit the week 12 months out without having to prepay and make a request first. If you want a specific region like Cape Town and specific date it may be tough though. I have seen lots of availability in the garden route and in Umhlanga area during December. I have also seen some Cape Town units but it is scattered. One bedroom and studios in all areas are more abundant than two bedrooms and up.
Canary island should not be a problem putting in a request first at 12 months out and having 2-3 options for preferred resorts as there are lots of timeshares in the Canaries. I think more South African timeshares trade through RCI and the quality will not he near a Marriott in either region.

arun123

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott son antem
I have a gold week. I have mot made a booking in years because we now live in America and prior to that I used my points or Interval.
You can only book within your season. If you want to book gold etc you have to exchange within Interval. As for booking within your season I did not have trouble booking 12 months out except that I might not have gotten my preferred check in day. Hopefully, somebody with a platinum week can chime in.
It will be a strong trader but South Africa in December will be tough if you are not flexible. You can deposit the week 12 months out without having to prepay and make a request first. If you want a specific region like Cape Town and specific date it may be tough though. I have seen lots of availability in the garden route and in Umhlanga area during December. I have also seen some Cape Town units but it is scattered. One bedroom and studios in all areas are more abundant than two bedrooms and up.
Canary island should not be a problem putting in a request first at 12 months out and having 2-3 options for preferred resorts as there are lots of timeshares in the Canaries. I think more South African timeshares trade through RCI and the quality will not he near a Marriott in either region.
Hi
Thanks for your reply.
Can anyone with platinum marriott post their recent experience with marriott reservation system
Also how is rentals from sale side. Generally which website people use in europe to rent and is it really worth it.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
A 2 Bed Son Antem platinum should cost about 6500 Euro.

Reserve weeks at 12 months out are open, and should rent for about 2100. If you use a broker, net should be around 1700 on maint fee around 1100

arun123

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott son antem
Thanks.
So there are no issue in reserving with marriott 12 months in advance.
Also since the maitainance fees are payable in december for next year,can I still book 12 months in advance for august next year.

Venter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Club Son Antem, Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve, Marriott Vacation Club @ Los Suenos, MVC points, Sheraton Lakeside Terrace, Sheraton Flex, Westin Flex, Aventuras
Yes you can book in August for the next year and pay in December. We normally have to pay in Jan/Feb when the due date is.

arun123

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott son antem
How is your experience booking something platinum in august. Is the Marriott system dwindling.