• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin, Sheraton, Vistana Flex Timeshare explained

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I’m curious... what is the MF for the Sheraton Flex and other Flex products? I assume it’s a cost per SO. I think I read it in another thread but can’t locate it.

Also, if a Sheraton Flex owner wanted to trade via II, how would that be done? Flex owners could have any of a number of StarOption totals...how much do they deduct for a deposit? Is there some documentation on this process?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I’m curious... what is the MF for the Sheraton Flex and other Flex products? I assume it’s a cost per SO. I think I read it in another thread but can’t locate it.

Also, if a Sheraton Flex owner wanted to trade via II, how would that be done? Flex owners could have any of a number of StarOption totals...how much do they deduct for a deposit? Is there some documentation on this process?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The 2019 VOI assessment for Westin Flex is $0.01893/point.

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
The 2019 cost for Sheraton Flex is $0.01546/point. This means Westin Flex is 22.4% more expensive than Sheraton Flex on a per-point basis.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
We booked an OF in Maui (WKORV) with StarOptions in October 2017. We were in a 1 bedroom premium in building 3, 5th floor OFC.
We have also in late May

Venter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Club Son Antem, Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve, Marriott Vacation Club @ Los Suenos, MVC points, Sheraton Lakeside Terrace, Sheraton Flex, Westin Flex, Aventuras
To book in II you require a certain amount of points for the particular unit(studio, 1 bedroom, etc) and the particular TDI(II season).
You can call II first and have them search and if the week is available you can have the points transferred and book the week. You can also transfer points(valid for 2 years from transfer) and do searches and requests for availability. Speaking to an agent it does not sound as if you can make a request first trade.
You would need a different II account from the one used if you own a mandatory(or other corporate) account.
There is a chart but I am not in a position to upload it right now. Will try tonight. I can tell you that it takes 110 000 points to book a high season(high TDI) 2 bedroom unit which is cheaper than what some platinum 2 bedroom units cost(148 100) when using Staroptions. It may however be more difficult to find the trade as I am not sure of availability in II for high season or holiday weeks. You are also not guaranteed a specific view.

Venter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Club Son Antem, Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve, Marriott Vacation Club @ Los Suenos, MVC points, Sheraton Lakeside Terrace, Sheraton Flex, Westin Flex, Aventuras
Here is the chart.

Attachments

• vistana-chart-with-interval_1_orig.png
    vistana-chart-with-interval_1_orig.png
    138.4 KB · Views: 106

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Looks like it's the same idea as Hyatt. A points chart for II exchanges. But a lot more expensive in terms of maintenance fees than Hyatt!

KACTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
I read all of the replies to this and did not see anyone distinguish that the explanation is for RESALE Flex. You absolutely can use Options at the 8 month mark for Maui Ocean Front if they are available when you buy Flex from Vistana. The Options are just like any other Options when purchased direct or are retro’ed (Not that I know of anyone that has retro’ed Resale Flex). The Mandatory status referenced is only for resorts in each group.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA