• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cancer professionals need to be aware quality of life is an abstract concept for many patients

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
A very important article. No one really wants to talk about the end of life, but it is something that all of us will have to deal with at some point. My husband is in remission from his cancer, but during his treatment (somewhat experimental) he had to make the difficult decision to end his current treatment regimen due to the absolutely terrible side effects. He decided to choose quality of life now over a few more months at the end of life. As it turns out, his remission looks very good at this point, so fingers crossed that he was able to tolerate enough treatment to "cure" his cancer.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Ocean Club Napili building, Lawai Beach Resort
A very important article. No one really wants to talk about the end of life, but it is something that all of us will have to deal with at some point. My husband is in remission from his cancer, but during his treatment (somewhat experimental) he had to make the difficult decision to end his current treatment regimen due to the absolutely terrible side effects. He decided to choose quality of life now over a few more months at the end of life. As it turns out, his remission looks very good at this point, so fingers crossed that he was able to tolerate enough treatment to "cure" his cancer.
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 stomach cancer. We never once thought about not using chemotherapy treatment. He does have unpleasant reactions from the treatment's that are expected to go on for life. You have given us something to look into. It's a hard one.
Thank you klpca!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 stomach cancer. We never once thought about not using chemotherapy treatment. He does have unpleasant reactions from the treatment's that are expected to go on for life. You have given us something to look into. It's a hard one.
Thank you klpca!

I am so sorry that you are going through this. Give my best to your husband - this is a very tough journey. Take my "advice" as just one more voice in the mix, because everyone is different and everyone's cancer is different. Talk to your doctors and don't be afraid to get a second opinion. Make sure that your doctors are looking into clinical trials. Talk to people in the industry - you never know who knows who - it was a connection through our daughter that told us about the new type of treatment.

Cancer sucks.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Please ask for a second opinion. Please ask your doctor can Proton therapy treat stomach cancer?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am so sorry that you are going through this. Give my best to your husband - this is a very tough journey. Take my "advice" as just one more voice in the mix, because everyone is different and everyone's cancer is different. Talk to your doctors and don't be afraid to get a second opinion. Make sure that your doctors are looking into clinical trials. Talk to people in the industry - you never know who knows who - it was a connection through our daughter that told us about the new type of treatment.

Cancer sucks.
Thank you for your kindness and advice!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Please ask for a second opinion. Please ask your doctor can Proton therapy treat stomach cancer?
Thank you!

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had a cousin in law pass away today and a friend four days ago, both could not tolerate dialysis and asked to be moved to hospice. Feeling very vulnerable right now

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I had a cousin in law pass away today and a friend four days ago, both could not tolerate dialysis and asked to be moved to hospice. Feeling very vulnerable right now
It is never easy. When you are end stage renal disease dialysis is torture. They took the right path.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My father-in-law refused to have a biopsy done on his kidneys when cancer was suspected and also refused dialysis to prolong his life. With the diagnosis, he spent the last few months dying at home with hospice support. His daughters were with him 24x7 to tend to him while my mother-in-law was relieved from having to directly care for him. I doubt I would have made the same choice given that I know how much he suffered while waiting to die at home. I guess there is no easy way to die when the disease is terminal.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
The one friend was fine two weeks ago,and just woke up incoherent one morning. Also our bocce captain passed away from kidney failure in December. Life can change in a moment

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
My Dad was 85 and was just fine and active for his age, actually he seemed younger. After sudden acute pancreatitis attack, he passed within 12 days of liver and kidney failure. He did not want any extreme measures including dialysis, he did not want a prolonged illness or to go to a nursing home. He had a DNR.

He truly wanted to just not wake up one morning. He got sort of what he wanted with a 12 day hospital stay preceding it. My Mom had passed away 6 months prior, after 12 year of Alzheimer, the last 2 years in a nursing home. Not at all what my Dad wanted for himself.

Last edited: