• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Elite Night Credit on Vistana Stays

tomvc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Checked out Lagunamar yesterday and already see nights credited. StarOptions reservation had MR/ Bonvoy number attached and carried onto the folio.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Decided to intervene as my recent StarOptions stay hadnt posted yet, and two hotel stays after that had posted.

Sent email to my Ambassador with the $0 folio and she posted it within a day.

Nights count now at 76, didnt get double nights (wasnt expecting them, but someone else upthread posted they got them), and now waiting to see when i can select my 75nts option for more SNAs.

vistana101

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV (x2)
How long would you guys wait to submit a missing stay request?

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
They posted mine then took them away! I got an email saying they didn’t qualify because it was an overseas military booking Where did they pull that classification from? I’m getting angry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
They posted mine then took them away! I got an email saying they didn’t qualify because it was an overseas military booking Where did they pull that classification from? I’m getting angry.

You were Bonvoyed!

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
You were Bonvoyed!

Don’t worry I told them what I thought about their Bonvoy! I may never see my nights credited but at least I got my .02 in on how this implementation has gone! Ridiculous.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
The website days to wait at least 10 days.

I actually had to intervene on our SO stay in Mar, everything up to that point had posted quickly and on its own since last Aug.

I had two hotel stays that happened in the week after the SO stay post within two days of each departure, so I asked my Ambassador to look into it, and she posted the nights that same day, a week after check out.

LJT

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I reported my missing stays at both Vistana Beach Club and Westin Los Cabos. I received the email saying I didn’t spend qualifying dollars so I replied that I was an owner and these were qualifying stays and then they credited me one night for each! I escalated that up to Marriott customer care and got it resolved. You really have to stay on top of this! I feel sorry for non-Tuggers who may not realize they are missing out!

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
I finally got a folio copy of our stay at Sheraton Mountain Vista and filled out a missing stay form. Got a response within 2 hours that it couldn't be posted because there were no charges.

I called in and and the rep credited my days. Took about 10 minutes, mostly her getting verification of the stay from their systems.

teddyo333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana:
Westin Kierland (x2)
WKORV - OV (x2)
Desert Oasis (x6)
Vistana Villages - Bella
Vistana Villages - Key West
Sheraton Broadway Plantation (2BR Lockout)
Marriott:
Marriott Grande Ocean
I checked out of "Marriott Cypress Harbor" (Interval Exchange 7 day stay) on Saturday, 4/20 and received 7 elite nights in my account on Monday, 4/22.

Negma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk WKV WMH WKORVN SVR Harborside 5* and spoiled
I spent 90 minutes on the phone with the resolution team. Part of the issue was Mission Hills used a non revenue code on our restaurant and bar charges. It was finally resolved. Thanks to this board I was prepared and had gone back to the terms and conditions and quoted it to them. It should not have been that hard. Stay showed up (an owner stay booked a year out) and they gave me some points for the effort. Additional confusion was caused because we booked it as our two bedroom lock-off. This shows up as two reservations in the Bonvoy system. All is good for now.

farsighted99

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nanea (Maui)
I emailed on-line from Marriott.com (log in, go to Help tab, go to Loyalty Program Members and then click on "missing stay form"); sent in my folio for my nights at the Westin St. John. Got some email back that said my booking was made through a travel agency and didn't qualify. LOL! Wrote back and told them them Vistana was owned by Marriott (previously was Starwood Vacation Club, now owned by Marriott); not a travel agency. Also sent this link: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi#vacationclub and referred them to:

7.2.b Vistana Participating Properties. Due to the nature of Vistana properties, special conditions apply to their participation in the Loyalty Program as follows:

i. Members will earn Elite Night Credit for a Qualifying Stay at Vistana properties.

I also sent a copy of my Vistana booking reservation.

The elite nights showed up. I'm glad I didn't have to waste hours on the phone.

Last edited:

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
I know I won't receive any credit for our upcoming Harborside stay since it isn't considered a Marriott property.

JohnPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
I finally got a folio copy of our stay at Sheraton Mountain Vista and filled out a missing stay form. Got a response within 2 hours that it couldn't be posted because there were no charges.

I called in and and the rep credited my days. Took about 10 minutes, mostly her getting verification of the stay from their systems.

Unfortunately the stay never posted after my call with the nice rep. Resubmitted online noting it was a timeshare stay that should be credited even though zero charges.

Got a reply that it was a “travel industry rate” and ineligible.

Probably would still be short for platinum with the stay but very annoying.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Unfortunately the stay never posted after my call with the nice rep. Resubmitted online noting it was a timeshare stay that should be credited even though zero charges.

Have you send an email to Internet Customer Care yet? That usually does the trick.

bosca418

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-N OF
WKORV IV

I had to call VSE owner services. They will call the property on your behalf and sort this out for you. It started out as a conference call and finished the conversation with the resort. They clearly stated that I will receive all of my night credits. This call was on Friday....still waiting.

JohnPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Perseverance pays off. Finally got to a Bonvoy Rep (Amy) who left me on hold a long time after I told her my entire tale of woe.

When she came back she said it was posted and indeed it was.

I would count that as my 6th or 7th attempt.

staze

Reaction score
If you do not receive elite night credits after 14 days, send an email to stay.add@marriott.com with a title that says elite night credit request and to which you have attached your folio from checkout. Make sure you send this email from the same email account that is associated with your Marriott Bonvoy account or else your request may fail. Don't reference receiving any points anywhere in your email because it has to be focused on elite night credit for them to process it. They will automatically add in your welcome bonus and any points for charges during your stay when they post the elite night credits.

@kozykritter thanks so much for this. I shot off an e-mail last night and received the credit this morning. You just helped me with 7 elite nights and put me one night short of Lifetime Platinum with Bonvoy. Thank you so much!!!

Gordgeous

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO
Can anyone confirm:

a) 1-week stay in 2 BR LO = 7 elite night credits (ie only credit for the one reservation/stay)

b) Breaking the above reservation into 2 weeks in 1 BR/Studio units = 14 elite night credits

Presumably, but just curious if anyone has been given 14 elite night credits in scenario a) due to this being treated as 2 rooms in the system.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Can anyone confirm:

a) 1-week stay in 2 BR LO = 7 elite night credits (ie only credit for the one reservation/stay)

b) Breaking the above reservation into 2 weeks in 1 BR/Studio units = 14 elite night credits

Presumably, but just curious if anyone has been given 14 elite night credits in scenario a) due to this being treated as 2 rooms in the system.

I can confirm you receive 7 in scenario "a" and 14 in scenario "b".

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Can anyone confirm:

The only time scenario b would not be 14 nights is if the two weeks are overlapping stays.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
The only time scenario b would not be 14 nights is if the two weeks are overlapping stays.
Is this for home ownership only? I assume the weeks would have to be enrolled in the bonvoy program? I used star options I banked and never received the nights.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Is this for home ownership only? I assume the weeks would have to be enrolled in the bonvoy program? I used star options I banked and never received the nights.

Join the club...you’ve been Bonvoyed.

You are entitled to the night credit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
There is no enrolling of weeks in Bonvoy. You are either a member of the rewards program or not. If you are a member and your Bonvoy number is on the reservation when you checkin, you should get the nights.